Centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centres

Do we stick with Mitchell Aubusson as a stopgap, but defensively strong number 4? Do we push MAubs into the backrow, blood a young centre and a drop someone else? If so, who? Does Perrett or Kenny Dowall get pushed into the centres, and Fine M. gets a spot on the wing? Vote on who you'd give a run first.

Will be interesting this season who gets a run and when.
    Stick with MAubs
    25.00%
    Kane Linnet
    7.14%
    Ryan Williamson
    53.57%
    Fine M.
    3.57%
    Other
    10.71%
    Last edited by BlindFreddy; 10-22-2009, 06:42 AM.

3. Maubs
    4. Graham

??????
    Rise Again. Represent 1908. Tick Tick Boom!

Premiers 2013 - What a night! Bondi Junction till dawn! #BackOnTop

Easts to Win.

Comment

There is also tom Symonds that can jump into centre.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney_Roosters_4_Life View Post
        3. Maubs
        4. Graham

??????
        If the ????? means "I don't understand," I'll explain. You reckon we should stick with MAubs. Normally he plays 4, and Graham 3. So you'd vote stick with MAubs in number 4.

True, Symonds can play there, but IMO, it'd be better to have him in the backrow.

Comment

3. Aubusson
          4. Graham

15. Symonds

---

Symonds has already shown the benefits of what he can do in the backrow as a line-runnin hole hitter. Aubusson and Graham are our most experienced centres - Graham has played most of his career in the centres, and Aubusson has been pretty much exclusively playing centre since Freddy took over in Round 18 of 2007 (in that time, he has played 45 games, including 39 in the centres).

Experience in the centres is what we need most at the moment. Once the team has become more stable, then we can look at moving Aubusson to the forwards and bringing in Linnett or Williamson.

Comment

Forget Aubusson he's too slow. Symonds and Graham for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
              Forget Aubusson he's too slow. Symonds and Graham for mine.
              Symonds would be much slower than Aubs

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                Symonds would be much slower than Aubs
                I'd say they would be as quick as each other but Symonds can bust the line something we haven't had for a long while.

Comment

I'd say they would be as quick as each other but Symonds can bust the line something we haven't had for a long while.
                  Symonds is a good player no doubt and a position needs to be found but he is not quick enough for the centres IMO and I think he knows it

Graham and Mini would be my pick or Perrett if Mini plays fullback

Comment

1. Perret
                    2. Minichiello
                    3. Anasta
                    4. Graham
                    5. SKD??
                    6. Carney
                    7. Pearce
                    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                      1. Perret
                      2. Minichiello
                      3. Anasta
                      4. Graham
                      5. SKD??
                      6. Carney
                      7. Pearce
                      Melon would you put Symonds at lock? Also I'd only have SKD if he learnt how to defend.

Comment

1. Perret
                        2. Minichiello
                        3. Anasta Williamson
                        4. Graham
                        5. SKD??
                        6. Carney
                        7. Pearce
                        Williamson will be fit and well coached next season, with good halves inside him he will step up. At 105kg and 195cm he is the center we are looking for. Big, very quick strong and agressive.

Comment

1. Perret
                          2. Minichiello
                          3. Anasta
                          4. Graham
                          5. SKD??
                          6. Carney
                          7. Pearce
                          If Pez is to play FB, someone will need to teach him that there is more to the game than running from dummy half. For starters, he will need to learn to follow the play and back up the ball carrier as each quality FB does

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Morley View Post
                            If Pez is to play FB, someone will need to teach him that there is more to the game than running from dummy half. For starters, he will need to learn to follow the play and back up the ball carrier as each quality FB does

I agree with thta, he needs to develop a few more strings in his bow this year, that is the difference between a good fullback and a top class one

Comment

Melon would you put Symonds at lock? Also I'd only have SKD if he learnt how to defend.
                              If he does just one thing, Smith will turn SKD into a champion. The kid needs good coaching, something he hasnt had at Easts. Thats why he gets my one more chance. But if Smith cant do anything with the kid, then the kid has to go. But thats whjat Smith does best, turns kids into real footballers.

Tom is our Hindmarsh, can defend AND attack, Id slot him straight into Fitzy's old role in the 12. A wide running back rower with passion for the Jersey, ruuns great lines and hits hard. Morbs is just a tackling machine, If not Id make him one. 50 tackles a game. He's got the 13. With these 2 blokes we should improve our defense around the ruck...work ethic is whats been lacking.

Coggie, if we sort out teh engine room (where games are won), you and I can play centre and win games.

Its back to basics. Sort out the back row. Work ethic. Get some basic go forward going in the front and let the kids in the halves tear it up.

By pack would be based on agression and workaholicism.

8. Paea
                              9. Friend
                              10. Myles (although I think he is a back rower)
                              11. JWH (that Hargreaves fella)
                              12. Symonds
                              13. Morbs.
                              i want anger Coggie. i want every one of these kids to take out the 2009 spoon on their 2010 opposition.

Bench
                              14. Mason - if he is still there, and I think he may be.
                              15. Conn
                              16. Frank Paul Nuusala - last chance to step it up.
                              17. Jones - he's our Flannery - covers 6, 7, 9 and 4.

Im assuming no Ryles. But if he comes, tell teh poof to fire the **** up and take some heads off.

I cant see why Myles cant play a Morley role. He's good enough and tough enough. Forget the crap in hallwys and let teh bloke start fresh. And those 2 kids in the backrow should watch video of Regan and Gibbs. Imagine re-incarnating those 2 mad Cs? I want anger Coggie. I want these carnts to make Afghanistan look like Romper Room.
                              I want every one of these kids to take out the 2009 spoon on their 2010 opposition. I hope Smith canes the fark out them during the off season. Feed them raw meat. Flog them until tehy bleed. Rip that ****ing photo of Grandma off the wall and replace it with Artie being chaired off the SCG in 75. Tatoo that fuicking emblem on every bastard's right hand, so whether they are putting food in their mouths or wiping their arse, the first and last thing they see is that raging cock with easts to win blazed all over it!!!!
                              Make them beleive the world hates them. Then let them off teh leash. We havent seen a monster pack of animals for years. Why not this bunch. Attitude Coggie, Freddy didnt have it. I reckon Smith can **** with their heads long enough for them to start believing it.

Start believing you spoon wielding bastards. Take yor spoon and shove it up every opponents clacker.

Do it.

Rebirth.

Easts to Win.
                              Last edited by melon....; 10-22-2009, 02:34 PM.
                              Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Working...
                              X