Centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
    If he does just one thing, Smith will turn SKD into a champion. The kid needs good coaching, something he hasnt had at Easts. Thats why he gets my one more chance. But if Smith cant do anything with the kid, then the kid has to go. But thats whjat Smith does best, turns kids into real footballers.

Tom is our Hindmarsh, can defend AND attack, Id slot him straight into Fitzy's old role in the 12. A wide running back rower with passion for the Jersey, ruuns great lines and hits hard. Morbs is just a tackling machine, If not Id make him one. 50 tackles a game. He's got the 13. With these 2 blokes we should improve our defense around the ruck...work ethic is whats been lacking.

Coggie, if we sort out teh engine room (where games are won), you and I can play centre and win games.

Its back to basics. Sort out the back row. Work ethic. Get some basic go forward going in the front and let the kids in the halves tear it up.

By pack would be based on agression and workaholicism.

8. Paea
    9. Friend
    10. Myles (although I think he is a back rower)
    11. JWH (that Hargreaves fella)
    12. Symonds
    13. Morbs.

Bench
    14. Mason - if he is still there, and I think he may be.
    15. Conn
    16. Frank Paul Nuusala - last chance to step it up.
    17. Jones - he's our Flannery - covers 6, 7, 9 and 4.

Im assuming no Ryles.
    I agree with that pack, but I would switch Mason and JWH, and Conn and Symonds. Conn has more experience, it is best to use Symonds as an impact player at this stage. But the rest is spot on pretty much.

If Ryles comes, I would leave out either JWH or Paea. Nuuausala isn't on his last chance - he was far more consistent than Paea was this year, also offered more in terms of ball distribution.

Comment

Cogburn and Melon in the centres? Couldn't do worse than what was there this year.

Comment

There would be no lack of talk coggie

Comment

Start believing you spoon wielding bastards. Take yor spoon and shove it up every opponents clacker.

Do it.

Rebirth.

Easts to win.
          Yeah Baby !!!!
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
            I agree with that pack, but I would switch Mason and JWH, and Conn and Symonds. Conn has more experience, it is best to use Symonds as an impact player at this stage. But the rest is spot on pretty much.

If Ryles comes, I would leave out either JWH or Paea. Nuuausala isn't on his last chance - he was far more consistent than Paea was this year, also offered more in terms of ball distribution.
            Mack FPN has been as laterally lazy as Apollo Creed. Technically they should be both on last chances. But tehy still have to be given that chane, hence why I have them in the team. Im just curious to what Smith will do with the youngest team in teh NRL, other than screw some heads.
            Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
              There would be no lack of talk coggie
              Shit I just remembered, I gotta get you some software.

Comment

Originally posted by murry View Post
                Williamson will be fit and well coached next season, with good halves inside him he will step up. At 105kg and 195cm he is the center we are looking for. Big, very quick strong and agressive.
                I reckon after a couple of major injuries he needs another year to get right in the 20s.
                Time to stop rushing and build success.

Comment

Mack FPN has been as laterally lazy as Apollo Creed. Technically they should be both on last chances. But tehy still have to be given that chane, hence why I have them in the team. Im just curious to what Smith will do with the youngest team in teh NRL, other than screw some heads.
                  True, but remember that Nuuausala has only just completed his first full season of first grade. Paea should have learned his lesson by now, Nuuausala is a raw talent who I think Smith can get the most out of.

Like I have said before, when I see FPN, I see a lot of similarities between him and a young Paul Rauhihi - size, strength, a distinct lack of mobility but very good ball skills. He also seems to have a pretty level head on the field.

Comment

I'd like to see a centre pairing of Ryan Williamson and Phil Graham. Although I don't think that will happen and we'll probably see Mitch Aubusson and Graham as our starting centres to start next year off with Williamson in NYC. Kane Linnett for mine will start off at Newtown and Fine Moeakiola is not a centre, he is a winger.

Comment

I reckon after a couple of major injuries he needs another year to get right in the 20s.
                      Time to stop rushing and build success.
                      He is ready, but you may be right in letting him start the season in u20,s and move up after 4-5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by murry View Post
                        He is ready, but you may be right in letting him start the season in u20,s and move up after 4-5 games.
                        I agree with that. He needs to find his feet early in the season and then be moved up after a few games. Maybe then push Phil Graham to the wing to fit Williamson in.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                          Symonds is a good player no doubt and a position needs to be found but he is not quick enough for the centres IMO and I think he knows it

Graham and Mini would be my pick or Perrett if Mini plays fullback
                          Did you see Mini's front on defence? It is abominable.. He is either on the Wing, Fullback or more likely rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
                            Do we stick with Mitchell Aubusson as a stopgap, but defensively strong number 4? Do we push MAubs into the backrow, blood a young centre and a drop someone else? If so, who? Does Perrett or Kenny Dowall get pushed into the centres, and Fine M. gets a spot on the wing? Vote on who you'd give a run first.

Will be interesting this season who gets a run and when.

Kenny-Dowall should be pushed in front of a train.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                              Did you see Mini's front on defence? It is abominable.. He is either on the Wing, Fullback or more likely rehab.
                              When - he used to be fairly safe one on one, if you are talking about when he was playing 5/8 i think we should all just forget that ever happened

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                                When - he used to be fairly safe one on one, if you are talking about when he was playing 5/8 i think we should all just forget that ever happened
                                He played one match mainly in the Centres in the back end of the season. He missed more than he made. With his back, defence should be kept at a minimum.. I thought his defensive technique was always a bit dodgy. He jumps in the air when tackling one on one and as a result is unable to drive the ball carrier backwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X