6. Carney
    7. Pearce
    Anasta in the centres??

good lord

slowest player ever to play in the centres in NRL history

someone else suggested Minichiello

equally as silly

and SKD?

I'd be surprised if Kenny Dowall even plays much first grade under Smith, and certainly not in the centres

Phil Graham and Aubusson to start until someone else puts their hand up

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
      Anasta in the centres??

good lord

someone else suggested Minichiello

equally as silly

and SKD?

I'd be surprised if Kenny Dowall even plays much first grade under Smith, and certainly not in the centres

Phil Graham and Aubusson to start until someone else puts their hand up
      You bag Anasta's speed then pick Aubbison.
      Anasta in the centres.
      You in the corner.
      Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Williamson is a shoe in for one centre spot, when i watched the ball final 2 seasons back at St Marys, Smith was was straight to williamson after the presentation, he has a very high opinion of the kid, If he is smart williamson will be selected for the 2 "official" trials pre season and reduce his suspension.

This bloke under smiths guidance and decent ball will wreck opposing centres

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
          Williamson is a shoe in for one centre spot, when i watched the ball final 2 seasons back at St Marys, Smith was was straight to williamson after the presentation, he has a very high opinion of the kid, If he is smart williamson will be selected for the 2 "official" trials pre season and reduce his suspension.

This bloke under smiths guidance and decent ball will wreck opposing centres
          I agree on williamson I hjust dont kniow if he's mentally ready to be there round one. In the end its upto Smith. And the kid. How good would it be to have a centre with agression and size that would make Hodges and Inglis look over their shoulders?
          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

I reckon it will be Aubusson/Graham, until Williamson is ready, then it will be Williamson/Graham, with Aubusson moving into the forward pack.

Williamson is one hell of a brute of a player, my dad watched him play the U20's a bit and said he reminds him of Mark Harris - tall, runs hard and fast, gets angry and has plenty of aggression. Can't wait to see this kid fulfill his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
              I reckon it will be Aubusson/Graham, until Williamson is ready, then it will be Williamson/Graham, with Aubusson moving into the forward pack.

Williamson is one hell of a brute of a player, my dad watched him play the U20's a bit and said he reminds him of Mark Harris - tall, runs hard and fast, gets angry and has plenty of aggression. Can't wait to see this kid fulfill his potential.
              Lets hope he can keep his head when opposition players inevitably start to bait him when they realise he's got a short fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
                Anasta in the centres??

good lord

You forget the Slug Hodges.
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                  You forget the Slug Hodges.
                  Hodges though has footwork, Anasta doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                    You bag Anasta's speed then pick Aubbison.
                    Anasta in the centres.
                    You in the corner.

lol

thanks for that twit-logic

I'd pick Aubusson because he played there last year, and he can't really play anywhere else, and his defence is good, and because he's improved since he's been there, and because even though he does lack speed (he'd still beat Anasta easily over any distance), he's infinitely better suited in the centres than Anasta would be

but, as they say, if I need to explain why, you wouldn't understand

he'll never play in the centres, and I'd venture to suggest that you're the only person in Australia who thinks he should

Comment

With Carney signing.. I really only see two options here -

1. Carney
                      2. Perrett
                      3. Williamson
                      4. Graham
                      5. Minichiello
                      6. Anasta
                      7. Pearce

OR

1. Minichiello
                      2. Perret
                      3. Williamson
                      4. Graham
                      5. SKD (?)
                      6. Carney
                      7. Pearce
                      13. Anasta

To sum up -

Anasta: 6 / 13
                      Carney: 1 / 6
                      Minichiello: 1 / 5

I'm not really sure which I prefer, I'd rather have Minichiello at fullback than Carney, but SKD is too hot & cold for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Ace View Post
                        Lets hope he can keep his head when opposition players inevitably start to bait him when they realise he's got a short fuse.
                        Its a double edged sword for players who bait him. One he can give away penalties the other he can destroy the opposition as he deffinately plays better when he fires up. He can be lazy if he doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by murry View Post
                          Its a double edged sword for players who bait him. One he can give away penalties the other he can destroy the opposition as he deffinately plays better when he fires up. He can be lazy if he doesn't
                          After Williamson get's the right mental training of course, I think it's clear that we should hand his opposing centre a cattle prod to fire him up then.

Comment

Williamson will have no trouble in keeping his head on during matches IMO. Smith will pay special attention to him as I know he rates him extremely high. Williamson will know that he can't do what he done this year in NYC against grown men in the NRL.

Comment

What this comp needs is a proper reserve grade.
                              It's way too hard predicting how some of these untried players are gonna step up, and it's way too early to put certain players that need more time in the too hard basket at 21 yrs old.

Comment

1/ Perrett
                                2/ SKD
                                3/ Williamson
                                4/ Graham
                                5/ mini
                                6/ Anasta
                                7/Carney

9/ Pearce

That is what it should and will be

Trust Me

I am Roosters Fan