Heading over from Wigan in Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matty_C View Post
    Hope you love Sydney but hate watching the game.
    I hope we get the chance to have a few beers with you all before or after the game.
    If you would like help in organising pub get togethers whilst you are out here, send me a PM and ill happily do what I can.
    Sound, thanks Matty. i'll probably be on this forum up till when I go so will be in touch closer to the time.

Comment

I hope we get the chance to have a few beers with you all before or after the game.
      If you would like help in organising pub get togethers whilst you are out here, send me a PM and ill happily do what I can.
      What is this? Dial a friend??

Comment

Wigan are a second rate team playing in a second rate comp.
        No Wigan player would make The Roosters 17.

Comment

Your banter is boring, Thirteen. Put some effort in Zzzz.

Comment

Welcome to the Chookpen, Wiganer.
            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

good onya mate!! you and the boys will have an awesome trip i'm sure. trip tip.....dont forget to spend a day at the coogee bay hotel Its right on the beach and i am sure there will be heaps to look at!!!!
              Originally posted by Wiganer View Post
              Thanks for the replies up to now.

To be honest, I'm just happy to be following my dream of watching Wigan in Australia. The actual game and result isn't really that significant to me to be honest! A victory would be a bonus. I watch the majority of NRL rounds over here and no doubt about it, Roosters and the NRL are far superior. We're going through a transition but hopefully we'll earn some respect that I think is sometimes lacking for the British game.

I play myself so absolutely buzzing to visit the city and a country where RL is a national sport as RL is religion in Wigan, sandwiched between egotistical big football cities of Manchester and Liverpool. Wiganers are good down to earth folk, like a beer and create a great atmosphere inside and outside the ground. Make sure you take time to have a chat with us…Though be aware, our accents are much more broader than the Burgess boys!

Comment

pull your head in champ
                Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                Wigan are a second rate team playing in a second rate comp.
                No Wigan player would make The Roosters 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen:353875
                  What is this? Dial a friend??
                  I like your style, 13...

Comment

Forget the Olympic on match day.... unless you enjoy drinking out of plastic cups.... you may as well drink at the stadium.

Comment

Thanks for the replies up to now.

To be honest, I'm just happy to be following my dream of watching Wigan in Australia. The actual game and result isn't really that significant to me to be honest! A victory would be a bonus. I watch the majority of NRL rounds over here and no doubt about it, Roosters and the NRL are far superior. We're going through a transition but hopefully we'll earn some respect that I think is sometimes lacking for the British game.

I play myself so absolutely buzzing to visit the city and a country where RL is a national sport as RL is religion in Wigan, sandwiched between egotistical big football cities of Manchester and Liverpool. Wiganers are good down to earth folk, like a beer and create a great atmosphere inside and outside the ground. Make sure you take time to have a chat with us…Though be aware, our accents are much more broader than the Burgess boys!
                      Yeah I always wondered about the fact you guys largely invented the English language but so many of ewe cannot speek it well..

In addition to the Coogee Bay Hotel the nearby Clovelly Hotel near Clovelly Beach is pretty good too!!!.....Plenty of Backpackers from the 'Old Dart' around Coogee, Clovelly and surrounds so you will feel at home...but with way warmer weather!!
                      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Oreet, myself and 4 others will be visiting Australia for the first time to support Wigan against you lot in February. There will probably be a good 200-300 Wiganers making to trip so should be a good atmosphere!

We're obviously buzzing about the trip and wondering where the best place will be for pre-match drinks where we can hang some flags, sing some songs and have banter.

Cheers!
                        good call mate u will have a blast... awesome supporter wel done.. FYI u know we are going to pump like a thailand hooker lol
                        " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

Hi Wiganer,
                          Welcome to the forum. The game is only 7 weeks away. I'm coming down from Qld for the game. Hopefully there will be a supporter get together organized.

Comment

Originally posted by c_q View Post
                            Hi Wiganer,
                            Welcome to the forum. The game is only 7 weeks away. I'm coming down from Qld for the game. Hopefully there will be a supporter get together organized.
                            Yeah we are all going to Jasmines at Central after the pub after the game
                            " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

I wonder how many tickets have been sold for the game. Cant wait for the game

Comment

Again, cheers for the messages.

We're over there for 8 days so any suggestions of things to do in and around Sydney other than getting blind drunk?

Comment

Working...
                                X