Heading over from Wigan in Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kegs2 View Post

One thing i think soccer has over league is thr fans and their interaction with the game.
    Yeah I love those soccer riots.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiganer View Post
      Yeah, Mozzas accent is almost posh compared to ours. Even though Salford is only 20 mins from Wigan.

Not sure if Oz is the same but neighbouring town's in the UK, especially in Lancashire, have different accents.
      I'd imagine the accent would be the same as Karl Pilkington.

Comment

Again, cheers for the messages.

We're over there for 8 days so any suggestions of things to do in and around Sydney other than getting blind drunk?
        A game of league against the best team in Sydney sounds like a damn good excuse to come to Australia. You mightn't enjoy the game but you'll love Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
          Yeah I love those soccer riots.
          Classic mate good work
          " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

We're over there for 8 days so any suggestions of things to do in and around Sydney other than getting blind drunk?
            8 Days on the piss sounds pretty good but there are some other uniquely Sydney and surrounds Experiences you can have, e.g. You could learn to Surf at Bondi or Manly Beach. You could do the Harbour Bridge Climb or the Coogee to Bondi Walk along the Coast....a day trip up to the Blue Mountains for some breath taking scenery, bush walking (abseiling for the more adventerous) and fine food.

You could also go up to the Hunter Valley (organise a few buses for a winery/brewwery and food factory tour north of Sydney to sample the Wines and other produce on offer (more drinking piss but in style).

If you want to see some of the wildlife Taronga Zoo, Koala Park, Featherdale, Fairfield City Farm.... Tamarama Beach or just about any beach has some pretty nice birds.....and there is always 'The Cross'.

The Turk might take you to Mudgee for some wines and Turks or to Karuah for Oysters or to his old haunt Mount Druitt for a pepperoni pizza from da pizza hut.
            Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 01-03-2014, 02:32 AM.
            Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post
              8 Days on the piss sounds pretty good but there are some other uniquely Sydney and surrounds Experiences you can have, e.g. You could learn to Surf at Bondi or Manly Beach. You could do the Harbour Bridge Climb or the Coogee to Bondi Walk along the Coast....a day trip up to the Blue Mountains for some breath taking scenery, bush walking (abseiling for the more adventerous) and fine food.

You could also go up to the Hunter Valley (organise a few buses for a winery/brewwery and food factory tour north of Sydney to sample the Wines and other produce on offer (more drinking piss but in style).

If you want to see some of the wildlife Taronga Zoo, Koala Park, Featherdale, Fairfield City Farm.... Tamarama Beach or just about any beach has some pretty nice birds.....and there is always 'The Cross'.

The Turk might take you to Mudgee for some wines and Turks or to Karuah for Oysters or to his old haunt Mount Druitt for a pepperoni pizza from da pizza hut.
              A surf/day at Bondi is a cert, I've watched enough Bondi Rescue episodes to know my way round...

The blue mountains is something I fancy too, isn't that near Penrith?

I'm staying in Potts Point which I believe is near 'the Cross' - Looking forward to seeing the place where I've read about so many NRL stars fighting/getting arrested, ha. What's the dress code like? Jeans and tshirt okay for the bars? I can't imagine its too formal after seeing what some Australian Wigan players have worn out round town over the years!

Comment

you missed out on vermin spotting in redfern.
                watching a green and red jumper sway from left to right across the park, looking out for its mating partner, then suddenly a shreek of CHERYL WHERE THE FCUK ARE YA , OLD CARNT. whilst holding aloft in the left armpit his silver pillow, and wrapped neetley in the right sleeve a 50 pack of stolen horizons(pretty crushed) and a pocket full of 5c pieces mixed with used durry buts for later on. The best bit is watching these vermin is when they play park swinger. They all take out their teeth and put them in an old ice cream container and when all the denchers are in the container, they draw out who they drink goon with all night by trying to match the denchers with the right mouth. fun for all the family.......
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I am hoping to get over there myself if I can sort out a few problems (not financial), but if I do manage it I will be up to speed with the Sydney attractions . For the last few weeks I have spent hours on the net looking round Sydney through Google Maps, I must have been down every street in central Sydney searching out Hotels ,RSL clubs and those Pies Trailers. Pies seem to have this special effect on us Wiganers.

I can but hope that I can find a way to be with you, by the way do any of your pubs sell mild?.

Comment

Originally posted by Pricey View Post
                    pull your head in champ
                    Why is that?
                    I meant what I said.
                    Wigan are second rate and won a reserve grade standard competition.
                    This will be proven in February.
                    Why are some on here kissing arse to opposition supporters? I don't get it!

Comment

Why don't you have some English lessons while you're over here....

Comment

Isn't this a football forum?
                        Surely this crap should be posted in 'Away from the game'.

Comment

Originally posted by stillinthepast View Post
                          I am hoping to get over there myself if I can sort out a few problems (not financial), but if I do manage it I will be up to speed with the Sydney attractions . For the last few weeks I have spent hours on the net looking round Sydney through Google Maps, I must have been down every street in central Sydney searching out Hotels ,RSL clubs and those Pies Trailers. Pies seem to have this special effect on us Wiganers.

I can but hope that I can find a way to be with you, by the way do any of your pubs sell mild?.

Thanks for letting us know your problems are not financial cause we were all really concerned.
                          You're English....that's your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                            Isn't this a football forum?
                            Surely this crap should be posted in 'Away from the game'.
                            Lol....U were the one talking (reminiscing????) about the gaybars in Sydney earlier in this fred my friend
                            Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 01-03-2014, 03:50 PM.
                            Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Piss off 13, you utter utter cock.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                                Why is that?
                                I meant what I said.
                                Wigan are second rate and won a reserve grade standard competition.
                                This will be proven in February.
                                Why are some on here kissing arse to opposition supporters? I don't get it!
                                It's not about winning. These guys are out here supporting their team and are cool enough to come on here with mad respect for us.

If you don't "get" why civilised grown ups might want to help each other out, then you're beyond hope.
                                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Working...
                                X