Heading over from Wigan in Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiganer View Post
    I wouldn't mind visiting a few Sydney based NRL grounds - Do any of the clubs host open training sessions?

Also the leagues club concept is unheard of in the UK - Are they worth visiting?
    Henson Park is the best make sure you get there, you can even drive your car in.
    It's in Marrickville the Roosters feeder team play out of it. They are called the Newtown Jets.

Go & have a look at Manly's home ground on Brookvale if you are over on the Northern beaches or go & have a look at Leichhardt Oval & then head down to Balmain & have a beer at each pub.

Go on the net when you get her & look up NRL.com click on any of the Sydney teams & there home page will open which will give you the office/administration phone number, you then can phone the club & ask them what day the team trains. You then can just turn up & more than likely you will be the only one there to watch the whole squad train.

Comment

I wouldn't mind visiting a few Sydney based NRL grounds - Do any of the clubs host open training sessions?

Also the leagues club concept is unheard of in the UK - Are they worth visiting?
      Be sure to check out some of the suburban grounds, like North Sydney Oval, Belmore Oval and Redfern Oval. Although, don't stay at that last one for too long.

Comment

Hey Wiganer....You should go to East Leagues Club....Spring Street Bondi Junction. While you are there having a drink or flutter and or a feed, check out the merchandise shop and take home some Roosters memorabilia.
        Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Hey dudes.. Does remember anyone Captian Cook? Was he from Wigan?

Comment

Yoda?
            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
              Hey dudes.. Does remember anyone Captian Cook? Was he from Wigan?
              Born in Marton near Middlesborough Set sail for Australia from Whitby I think
              When you trust your television
              what you get is what you got
              Cause when they own the information
              they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                Born in Marton near Middlesborough Set sail for Australia from Whitby I think
                He's a Yorkshireman.

I'm surprised he bothered with a boat and crew, he could have probably swum it.

Comment

As mentioned Leichhardt Oval is a great ground, you are right on top of the action when a game is being played there, one of the last charming suburban grounds where NRL is still played.North Sydney Oval is worth a look where the North Sydney Bears played before they were flicked.Henson Park in Marrickville, home of the Newtown Jets who were in first grade up till 1983 but are now the Roosters feeder club.The ground is a dilapidated, prehistoric relic with a huge grass hill but has so much history, the Roosters played quite a few matches there in 1987 while the SFS was being built so many fans have fond memories of this ground.There is a great pub nearby called the Henson Park Hotel which is worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew walker View Post
                    born in marton near middlesborough set sail for australia from whitby i think
                    you hold your age well andrew.
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                      As mentioned Leichhardt Oval is a great ground, you are right on top of the action when a game is being played there, one of the last charming suburban grounds where NRL is still played.North Sydney Oval is worth a look where the North Sydney Bears played before they were flicked.Henson Park in Marrickville, home of the Newtown Jets who were in first grade up till 1983 but are now the Roosters feeder club.The ground is a dilapidated, prehistoric relic with a huge grass hill but has so much history, the Roosters played quite a few matches there in 1987 while the SFS was being built so many fans have fond memories of this ground.There is a great pub nearby called the Henson Park Hotel which is worth checking out.
                      horrie forgot to mention its also one of the only places in Australia where you can still get the rippled textured steel KB cans of beer

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                        horrie forgot to mention its also one of the only places in Australia where you can still get the rippled textured steel KB cans of beer
                        Unfortunately they stopped selling them a couple of years ago mate.....they were phased out by the brewery and Henson couldn't get their hands on any more.

You can now buy a t shirt that says KB - RIP and has the date they sold the last one.

Comment

I always remembered those cans. when we were kids we would stand the empty beer cans up and jump on them so they crushed up. but not the kb cans. they stayed on the ground and never got cashed in at the recyclers.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                            I always remembered those cans. when we were kids we would stand the empty beer cans up and jump on them so they crushed up. but not the kb cans. they stayed on the ground and never got cashed in at the recyclers.
                            Sounds like hours of fun..

Comment

The Wigan club have announced that over 700 tickets have been sold for the match and when they go on sale to non members on Monday this figure is expected to top 1000.

Should be quite an atmosphere whatever the result.

Comment

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WConten...id=8947&type=1

i would say that is a pretty good effort considering the uk is still in the gutters economically.

Comment

Working...
                                X