Heading over from Wigan in Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stillinthepast View Post
    The Wigan club have announced that over 700 tickets have been sold for the match and when they go on sale to non members on Monday this figure is expected to top 1000.

Should be quite an atmosphere whatever the result.
    That's about 650 more than we'd take over there. Well done the Pie Eaters.

Comment

ill be delighted to see and hear the wigan fans in full cry, well try of course to match or surpass you, weve got a touch of passion about our team too! with a bit of luck we can both meet again next year as well?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
        ill be delighted to see and hear the wigan fans in full cry, well try of course to match or surpass you, weve got a touch of passion about our team too! with a bit of luck we can both meet again next year as well?
        I think it would be great to host it in the states or Dubai - But obviously not this year, these days are going too slowly for my liking!

I get to Sydney 12 hours before my mates - Can anyone recommend a nice place to get some breakfast around the bridge/opera house area?

Comment

Depends what you mean by 'nice'.
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Coogee Bay Hotel.

Try the gelato.

Comment

Hahahahha.
              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Wiganer View Post
                I think it would be great to host it in the states or Dubai - But obviously not this year, these days are going too slowly for my liking!

I get to Sydney 12 hours before my mates - Can anyone recommend a nice place to get some breakfast around the bridge/opera house area?
                Check your private messages mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiganer View Post

Touch of class does a meen furburger..

Turk.

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
                    Touch of class does a meen furburger..

Turk.
                    Kens At Kenso, sometimes known as Kens Karate Klub.

You're a gold member aren't you Gherkin???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by stsae View Post
                      Kens At Kenso, sometimes known as Kens Karate Klub.

You're a gold member aren't you Gherkin???

Kung Fu is my style...

Turk.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
                        Kung Fu is my style...

Turk.
                        I thought sword fighting was your thang maaaaaaaaaate.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by stsae View Post
                          I thought sword fighting was your thang maaaaaaaaaate.

I only have a pocket knife..

Turk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiganer View Post
                            I wouldn't mind visiting a few Sydney based NRL grounds - Do any of the clubs host open training sessions?

Also the leagues club concept is unheard of in the UK - Are they worth visiting?
                            Hi Wiganer,

Spent the winter living in Springfield, Wigan last time we played in the World Club Challenge against St. Helens in Bolton (2003). I have to say the hospitality extended to me and my family from the Wigan Warriors and the junior club Wigan St. Patricks (my kids played with them in the off season from here), was more than first class particularly from your Community Development Officer from the Warriors. Invites to a whole range of coaching forums, rep training programs, tour of the ground, etc.

Don't be shy about writing directly to Brian Canavan our football manager and asking for an invite for your group to attend one of our training sessions. If they can't accommodate you on this i would be surprised. They are going only a small way to matching the hospitality extended to me when i was over there last. Unfortunately the preseason trials of other NRL clubs around this time are all on the same day as our game. There's a lost opportunity.

It will be a great game between two of the great world rugby league clubs who share nearly 250 years of combined Rugby League history with some of the greatest players from both hemispheres playing for the two clubs.

Comment

• Wigan sold out their allocated bay today, they've now been allocated the bay next to it as well (Bay 38).

Top effort, that's more than what some NSW clubs bring to our home games.

Should be a cracking atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                                Wigan sold out their allocated bay today, they've now been allocated the bay next to it as well (Bay 38).

Top effort, that's more than what some NSW clubs bring to our home games.

Should be a cracking atmosphere.
                                yep that is pretty impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X