No announcement yet.

Shawn Kenny Dowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look I know he's gained a lot of respect for his performance in the GF and deservedly so but if it comes down to him and Moga, SKD has to go IMO.

Comment

ill never forget his courage in the grand final not only scoring but always defending well and hard, everyteam knows skid is not the best defender so manly tried him out and lost!

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        I've said it before but **** me it still astounds me the love for SKD. Do most of you watch the games with your eyes shut??? Oops actually I do when SKD has the ball. He is a liability on a decent whack of money. Just my opinion but I can tell you every week the other members around me feel the same, I must just be unlucky/lucky who I sit near as there is plenty of love on here for him
        It astounds me as well E75! What has me farked is that some even find it funny when SKD makes his silly mistakes! How on earth is that funny??

Whenever SKD has the ball all I am thinking is, "oh please don't fark up!". I have no doubt that many Roosters supporters would also be thinking the same thing. For me that just isn't good enough!
        The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

People on here crap on about Moga who is a myth at this stage.
          Has loads of potential but has loads more to prove. His commitment in defense while he was in first grade made Benji Marshall look like Boyd Cordner. I'm not death riding the guy, just saying that he has lots to prove. He is unproven against men.

I was told that SKD carried a bad injury all of last year. I'm not making excuses for the guy.
          I will always respect him for his GF efforts.

Comment

Yeah, I totally get why people are hating on him - he really was a liability for most of last season, but guess what: he was great when it mattered (rd 26 onwards), showed true Roosters spirit in the gf, and was quite excellent when called upon to play on the wing at various times.

He'll always have my man-love.
            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
              It astounds me as well E75! What has me farked is that some even find it funny when SKD makes his silly mistakes! How on earth is that funny??

Whenever SKD has the ball all I am thinking is, "oh please don't fark up!". I have no doubt that many Roosters supporters would also be thinking the same thing. For me that just isn't good enough!
              I think the Doufus is the funniest farker in the game.

He confuses his own teammates, the opposition and himself with his Doufusness which amuses the fark out of me.

Some of us still appreciate the humour on the GAME maaaaaaaaaaaaate.

I've seen all the good and the bad over the years of being an Easts fan.

I actually laugh and enjoy the game and my club.

I refuse to tanty up over a bunch of blokes playing sport.

Masturbation helps of course.

You should try it mate, you have some massive rage issues.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                ill never forget his courage in the grand final not only scoring but always defending well and hard, everyteam knows skid is not the best defender so manly tried him out and lost!
                Well said mate..

Comment

@stsae: That's pretty much how I see it. It's not about winning at all costs - just like Rocky IV.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                    @Stsae: That's pretty much how I see it. It's not about winning at all costs - haven't you seen Rocky IV?
                    Don't get me wrong GrubMan I hate losing like most of us do but it's still a game and there is still room for seeing the funny side of certain situations.

Every club is made up of different individuals who contribute to what we saw last season. To simply ass-u-me that we could have been a better side last year, or will be in the future, cos we let The Doufus go is the wrong way to look at what makes up a Football Club, IMO.

How do we know that without The Doufus and his wacky way of getting it done, we would have actually won the GF???

There is always the possibility that his "out of the square" contributions may have been just the thing that helped us get the results we did. And anyone else may have killed the vibe.

Two tries in particular he's contributed to over the seasons, the 2010 extra time semi one and the GF one with a busted jaw, will be remembered by all true Easts fans forever now.

I always think of The Beatles. Until Ringo was bought in they were a very good group struggling to make it. Then they got a bloke who by his own admission may not have been the best drummer in the band let alone the world. But history shows he gave them that thing, that juice, that helped propel them to God like status.

I love the irony of The Doufus. I love his uncanny ability to make me laugh and cry in the same movement. I love his face when he farks up and when he contributes positively.

And the fact he shits people and polarises opinion, that I love more than anything.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

I just look forward to Shaun narrating a kids show about talking trains in the future.

Comment

I just look forward to Shaun narrating a kids show about talking trains in the future.
                        Tomorrow never knows, GrubMan.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

You should be a paperback writer.

Comment

You should be a paperback writer.
                            Help!

Comment

Just let it be.

Comment

If the last time he was playing for a contract is an indicator he'll have a blinder this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X