No announcement yet.

Shawn Kenny Dowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon he will have a massive year this year. Back to his form of 2010.

I am no SKD fan and I think we should let him go regardless at the end of this year as we have a few youngsters coming up which the money can be spent on.

The reason why I say he will have a big year is because its a contract year.

For me it will be more interesting to see how FPN plays this year after re-signing last year. I think Robbo will make sure he stays in form or risks losing his spot.

Comment

So is this the first SKD thread of 2014? I wonder if it was possible to create a graph chart on this forum of how the sentiments about SKD go up and down (like the price of oil) since he came to the Roosters and throughout this year. We can probably have a worm like they have on the political debates. I for one love the guy and hopefully he'll keep us entertaining us and winning matches with his heroic deeds.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
        I think the Doufus is the funniest farker in the game.

He confuses his own teammates, the opposition and himself with his Doufusness which amuses the fark out of me.

Some of us still appreciate the humour on the GAME maaaaaaaaaaaaate.

I've seen all the good and the bad over the years of being an Easts fan.

I actually laugh and enjoy the game and my club.

I refuse to tanty up over a bunch of blokes playing sport.

Masturbation helps of course.

You should try it mate, you have some massive rage issues.

I agree with you that he is one of the most funniest farkers in the game. The problem for me though is I don't find his silly mistakes funny, I certainly know opposition supporters do and for some reason a few Roosters supporters like yourself. You are a sick twisted man Stsae!!

I do appreciate the humor in the game, what does it for me is when opposition players in particular $ouff$ or bull$cumdog$hit players make silly mistakes!

SKD's inconsistencies just really frustrate me at times. We have seen what he is capable of being in 2010, but since then it is few and far between unfortunately.
        After seeing a picture of SKD the other day and noticing how skinny he is, does not instill me with much confidence of him having a great season this year. Trust me when I say that I want to see him prove me completely wrong!

If we are to keep him beyond this year he would want to have had a good season and get him at the right price. A pay rise is definitely out of the question!

Yes I do have rage issues at times during the season, but during this off season I couldn't be any happier and chilled out mate! The weather is great, the Aussies are kicking ar$e in the cricket and of course we are the reigning premiers, so life is brilliant!!
        The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

I say keep him.

I love that crazy SOB.

Comment

now kennedy is gone we now need a weakest link. so by the looks of it skidys up.
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Don't get me wrong GrubMan I hate losing like most of us do but it's still a game and there is still room for seeing the funny side of certain situations.

Every club is made up of different individuals who contribute to what we saw last season. To simply ass-u-me that we could have been a better side last year, or will be in the future, cos we let The Doufus go is the wrong way to look at what makes up a Football Club, IMO.

How do we know that without The Doufus and his wacky way of getting it done, we would have actually won the GF???

There is always the possibility that his "out of the square" contributions may have been just the thing that helped us get the results we did. And anyone else may have killed the vibe.

Two tries in particular he's contributed to over the seasons, the 2010 extra time semi one and the GF one with a busted jaw, will be remembered by all true Easts fans forever now.

I always think of The Beatles. Until Ringo was bought in they were a very good group struggling to make it. Then they got a bloke who by his own admission may not have been the best drummer in the band let alone the world. But history shows he gave them that thing, that juice, that helped propel them to God like status.

I love the irony of The Doufus. I love his uncanny ability to make me laugh and cry in the same movement. I love his face when he farks up and when he contributes positively.

And the fact he shits people and polarises opinion, that I love more than anything.

I'm with you Stsae. He sure makes it interesting, and for me, I try to look at the lighter side of it. Of course I flip out when he drops the ball running in the clear, but you have to laugh. All year I said that as long as he doesn't do it in a big game then i'll live with it. And he didn't.

I like that he offers point of difference, a level of unpredictability, that is a challenge to defend for the opposition.

In whatever way you look at it, he makes a game, that can be a little robotic at times, a bit more interesting.

Imagine in 20 years time we'll all be reflecting on past glories and it'll be like 'What about that Kenny Dowell?'. And everyone will laugh. At least he'll be memorable, one way or another.

Comment

I'll get shot down here but I strongly believe it doesn't suit SKD's attack to be playing outside SBW. He's never going to be a centre who can comfortable run off an around the corner flick pass, and if I am a halfback and I look up and see SBW or SKD I am more inclined to go to SBW.
                What amazes me is that he's played first grade for years, and yet can't run into a hole. Go back and watch some of the early games of 2013, SBW sets him up, and Skidzy runs into the hole that SBW is already in! The look on SBW's face is priceless, the best WTF you'll ever see.
                I love watching him play (when we are comfortably winning), as he's the ultimate rocks or diamonds, hold your breath player.
                When we beat Parrismatta 50 blot, he was the only player that owned, Loco was throwing him away, standing him up, and it didn't matter! classic lol

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                  now kennedy is gone we now need a weakest link. so by the looks of it skidys up.
                  It's currently Skid, but I'm tipping Mini will come into reckoning by about the 4th game.

Pearce will definitely cop some around Origin time, and I reckon Aubs is due some too (too small/not enough tackles/why doesn't he run the lines he did in 2010?) same with Tupou (his hit up's are weak/needs to bulk up).

Outsiders are Guerra, JWH (if he gets sent off) Friend, and Liu. Only put Liu in there due to Arona going.

Evans will definitely get a bit, after 2 or 3 games - but only because half the people on here expect him to be a cross between Arthur Beetson and Gordon Tallis and he's sure to disappoint, only being 21 an' all.

But happy with Skids being the scapegoat for now. After all, the last time he played, he only pretty much won us the GF...why the fark would we want to keep him?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
                    But happy with Skids being the scapegoat for now. After all, the last time he played, he only pretty much won us the GF...why the fark would we want to keep him?
                    I don't know where he won us the GF, SBW and Jennings had more to do with that. How many people on here singing his praises would still be praising him if his jaw injury had cost us, brave and heroic if we win or an absolute tosser if we lose.

Comment

Don't get me wrong GrubMan I hate losing like most of us do but it's still a game and there is still room for seeing the funny side of certain situations.

Every club is made up of different individuals who contribute to what we saw last season. To simply ass-u-me that we could have been a better side last year, or will be in the future, cos we let The Doufus go is the wrong way to look at what makes up a Football Club, IMO.

How do we know that without The Doufus and his wacky way of getting it done, we would have actually won the GF???

There is always the possibility that his "out of the square" contributions may have been just the thing that helped us get the results we did. And anyone else may have killed the vibe.

Two tries in particular he's contributed to over the seasons, the 2010 extra time semi one and the GF one with a busted jaw, will be remembered by all true Easts fans forever now.

I always think of The Beatles. Until Ringo was bought in they were a very good group struggling to make it. Then they got a bloke who by his own admission may not have been the best drummer in the band let alone the world. But history shows he gave them that thing, that juice, that helped propel them to God like status.

I love the irony of The Doufus. I love his uncanny ability to make me laugh and cry in the same movement. I love his face when he farks up and when he contributes positively.

And the fact he shits people and polarises opinion, that I love more than anything.

LOL! Ringo Kenny Dowall it is then ..... RKD's the one for me!

Turk.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                        I don't know where he won us the GF, SBW and Jennings had more to do with that. How many people on here singing his praises would still be praising him if his jaw injury had cost us, brave and heroic if we win or an absolute tosser if we lose.
                        You don't think him staying on and saving us a major reshuffle had much to do with it?

And how would his injury have cost us? It's not as if he did it on purpose.

Let's be right here, John Sattler and souffs have dined out on the 'broken jaw' GF for years....bravest player ever and so on - Skid did exactly the same and managed to score the winning try into the bargain, yet plenty of people have forgotten it already and are ready to punt him.

Comment

It's currently Skid, but I'm tipping Mini will come into reckoning by about the 4th game.

Pearce will definitely cop some around Origin time, and I reckon Aubs is due some too (too small/not enough tackles/why doesn't he run the lines he did in 2010?) same with Tupou (his hit up's are weak/needs to bulk up).

Outsiders are Guerra, JWH (if he gets sent off) Friend, and Liu. Only put Liu in there due to Arona going.

Evans will definitely get a bit, after 2 or 3 games - but only because half the people on here expect him to be a cross between Arthur Beetson and Gordon Tallis and he's sure to disappoint, only being 21 an' all.

you forgot...
                          Maloney - if he misses a few tackles.
                          Moa - if he gets injured, ie too small
                          SBW and Napa - if either shoulder charge someone (and Napa for being a Ranga)
                          Sheck - if he ever knocks on again
                          and finally, Jennings - when he throws one of those stupid forward (Finch like) passes.
                          All bases covered

Comment

Originally posted by bronterooster View Post
                            I'm with you Stsae. He sure makes it interesting, and for me, I try to look at the lighter side of it. Of course I flip out when he drops the ball running in the clear, but you have to laugh. All year I said that as long as he doesn't do it in a big game then i'll live with it. And he didn't.

I like that he offers point of difference, a level of unpredictability, that is a challenge to defend for the opposition.

In whatever way you look at it, he makes a game, that can be a little robotic at times, a bit more interesting.

Imagine in 20 years time we'll all be reflecting on past glories and it'll be like 'What about that Kenny Dowell?'. And everyone will laugh. At least he'll be memorable, one way or another.
                            You said it very well my friend.

The point of difference is what I was trying to get at.

The enigma that is Shaun Kenny Doufus.

Our Doufus.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Golden.

I noticed Maubs has already been left out of most pre-cum sides for 2014 as he was for 2013.

I'm taking that as another good omen.

Clubs top tryscorer in the forwards and all that jizz.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Our Doufus.
                                He is ours and **** all y'all who bag the bloke.

Comment

Working...
                                X