Rep Bonus payments causing salary cap problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep Bonus payments causing salary cap problems

apparently due to our huge number of players involved in Rep footy in 2013, the carry over bonus payments contained in their contracts is causing some major issues for our 2014 salary cap, we have already let Oldfield/Arona go to try an ease the strain.

don't be surprised if there are more exits before the season kicks off.

more 1 dollar contracts, not a problem
    was born a sydney roosters fanatic
    "we're the roosters, we'll be fine"

Comment

Tau Tau.

Comment

Yes, Rothfield made a vague reference to this today. Is that your source, or have you heard something specifically about the need to release players?

Comment

Off topic but didn't want to start a new thread of its own...

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...23#post9825823

Comment

Originally posted by Madrooster View Post
            Off topic but didn't want to start a new thread of its own...

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...23#post9825823
            ha that's pretty funny, that's what she gets the hypocrite bitch
            was born a sydney roosters fanatic
            "we're the roosters, we'll be fine"

Comment

That's easy fixed, we wont let any of our players play rep footy next year, see how they travel then.

Comment

Looking at the squad Mortimer or Moga would be the obvious choices imo.

I think the club would have a pretty good idea of whether Moga was staying beyond this year or not and if it's clear he's not then possibly an early release. If not I reckon SKD has a good battle on his hands this year for the centre spot.

Mortimer no doubt has aspirations to play in the halves somewhere and if he found an opportunity it would be a win win. With L'estrange back at the club and Hastings utility value we could cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                  Looking at the squad Mortimer or Moga would be the obvious choices imo.

I think the club would have a pretty good idea of whether Moga was staying beyond this year or not and if it's clear he's not then possibly an early release. If not I reckon SKD has a good battle on his hands this year for the centre spot.

Mortimer no doubt has aspirations to play in the halves somewhere and if he found an opportunity it would be a win win. With L'estrange back at the club and Hastings utility value we could cover it.
                  both la strange and hasting couldn't match morts.
                  1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                  X