Roosters Nrl fantasy tipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters Nrl fantasy tipping

The reigning NRL premiers are stacked full of strong Holden NRL Fantasy players, with a few front-row cheapies thrown in for good measure.

Fantasy Guns

Sonny Bill Williams ($374,200) lived up to expectations in his return to the NRL last season and should again be a consistent performer in Fantasy this season. He's solid in defence and can be devastating in attack, with his knack for producing offloads, try assists and tackle breaks converting into great fantasy points. But SBW's best asset this year could prove to be the Roosters' bye schedule, with the Tricolours playing in each of the three major bye rounds before an Origin match. NSW and Queensland stars will be missing from those rounds, making international guns like Williams all the more valuable for Fantasy coaches chasing the big prizes.

Despite all the hype that follows Williams, the premiers aren't a one-man team. James Maloney ($375,600) is a great all-round attacking scorer in the halves, combining a strong running game with quality playmaking skills and the team's goalkicking duties; Jake Friend ($354,500) is one of the NRL's hardest-working dummy halves and a cheaper alternative to Cameron Smith or Robbie Farah; Jared Waerea-Hargreaves ($334,200) is a barnstorming weapon in the front row; Boyd Cordner ($324,200) is one of rugby league's best young back-rowers; and Michael Jennings ($313,800) is one of the game's most dangerous attacking centres.

Beware though that the Roosters' byes mean Origin players like Maloney, Cordner and Jennings could miss five games in eight weeks during the middle part of the season if selected.

Value Buy

The Roosters have one of the strongest forward packs in the NRL, but a new face could be one of their best Fantasy buys this season. Remi Casty ($155,000) is a 28-year-old French prop who arrives from Catalans Dragons after playing 188 games in the Super League and 19 internationals for France. For a player with that much experience, $155,000 is a very juicy price. But with so much competition in the Tricolours pack will Casty get the game time to really make his mark this season?

Cash Cows

Two more rising props – Dylan Napa ($111,600) and Kane Evans ($107,000) – lead the Roosters' best moneymaking options, but again they'll need to peg down a spot in the top 17 first. Both are now internationals – with Napa having represented Cook Islands and Evans playing for Fiji at last year's World Cup – and if they impress in the trials either could sneak onto the Roosters bench come Round 1.

One name already familiar to experienced fantasy coaches is Tautau Moga ($107,000), who played 14 games for the Roosters in 2012 but failed to really live up to the pre-season hype. He's got size (193cm, 108kg) as well as speed and skill, so is certainly capable of making an impact if he gets his chance on the wing or in the centres, but if the Roosters backline remains at full strength it's difficult to see him breaking into the side at the start of the season.

Roosters player prices

James Maloney (HLF) $375,600

Sonny Bill Williams (2RF) $374,200

Jake Friend (HOK) $354,500

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (FRF) $334,200

Boyd Cordner (2RF) $324,200

Mitchell Pearce (HLF) $316,300

Michael Jennings (CTR) $313,800

Mitchell Aubusson (2RF (CTR) $262,400

Sam Moa (FRF) $256,100

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (WFB) $250,500

Aidan Guerra (2RF) $238,500

Shaun Kenny-Dowall (CTR) $213,200

Issac Liu (FRF) $212,400

Anthony Minichiello (WFB) $209,100

Daniel Tupou (WFB) $206,700

Frank-Paul Nuuausala (2RF) $197,400

Remi Casty (FRF) $155,000

Daniel Mortimer (HLF, HOK) $137,400

Samisoni Langi (HLF, 2RF) $123,400

Dylan Napa (FRF) $111,600

Tautau Moga (CTR, WFB) $107,000

Kane Evans (FRF) $107,000

Sio Siua Taukeiaho (WFB (2RF) $107,000

Heath L'Estrange (HOK) $107,000

Curtis Naughton (WFB) $107,000

Jonathon Reuben (WFB) $107,000

I've never played that game but Maubs seems to be rated higher by them than by many of our own fans.

Considering he's the benchie most often replaced by TheSuperMegaResherveGraders in the pre-Cumm sides he seems to be worth more than a lot.

Why is that???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
      I've never played that game but Maubs seems to be rated higher by them than by many of our own fans.

Considering he's the benchie most often replaced by TheSuperMegaResherveGraders in the pre-Cumm sides he seems to be worth more than a lot.

Why is that???

Backwards, as an dream team / fantasy nut, I would love to tell you why.

Back in 2010, when Maubs had his breakout season, he was a hit with the fantasy footballers as he was a backrower in real life, but he was able to be picked as a centre in the online game. This is absolute gold for fantasy footballers as backrowers are the highest scoring players, and having Maubs available in the centres, he was essentially worth his weight in gold.

Across 2011, 2012 and last season, due to injury, change of coach and additional players (eg SBW), Maubs has more or less fallen out of favour with the fantasy footballers, as his scores have dropped and therefore his value has dropped too.

However, these fantasy footballers know how valuable Maubs really is, similar to how you know how valuable he is; and they are always looking to see where he is playing and how much he is worth.

I think I might need a break from all this fantasy football stuff... does my head in sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs2 View Post
        Backwards, as an dream team / fantasy nut, I would love to tell you why.

Back in 2010, when Maubs had his breakout season, he was a hit with the fantasy footballers as he was a backrower in real life, but he was able to be picked as a centre in the online game. This is absolute gold for fantasy footballers as backrowers are the highest scoring players, and having Maubs available in the centres, he was essentially worth his weight in gold.

Across 2011, 2012 and last season, due to injury, change of coach and additional players (eg SBW), Maubs has more or less fallen out of favour with the fantasy footballers, as his scores have dropped and therefore his value has dropped too.

However, these fantasy footballers know how valuable Maubs really is, similar to how you know how valuable he is; and they are always looking to see where he is playing and how much he is worth.

I think I might need a break from all this fantasy football stuff... does my head in sometimes.
        Cheers Keggsy.

I did compete in one of these comps years ago early when they started, it was a points based one.

I actually won the comp I was in, it was Folaus first season and he was worth a point which i needed to fill my quota and ended up top tryscorer, and ranked high overall until Origin messed with my selections.

I recall Fitzy, Hindy and Cory NoParking were valuable, high workrates and a couple of goal kickers to boot.

I say pick Maubs in your side. I feel a breakout season for the bloke is a happening.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Nup. Bosden's a must have as late season ring-in from the Coonabarabran Numbats.
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
            Nup. Bosden's a must have as late season ring-in from the Coonabarabran Numbats.
            SuperMegaBosden he's my all time fav maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

Hooker of the year.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

4.3 mil if you only select the roosters as the dream team. that's what I did and I have change. im looking for the pay out at the end of the season.n they way I look at it I just save alloy of money
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                4.3 mil if you only select the roosters as the dream team. that's what I did and I have change. im looking for the pay out at the end of the season.n they way I look at it I just save alloy of money
                You should be close to leading after the first game.

Comment

Hey guys,

I ran a dream team league last year and it included a few of us roosters boys. (Kangarooster you were in it i think you made it to grabd final and lost to centurions).

Ive only got 2-3 spots left - is anyone interested in joining ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn-moa View Post
                    Hey guys,

I ran a dream team league last year and it included a few of us roosters boys. (Kangarooster you were in it i think you made it to grabd final and lost to centurions).

Yeah, I'm in

Comment

Hey guys,

Yeah, I'm in

Comment

Hey guys sorry for the delay. Im going to be sending the code for my league once im home from work late tonight. Anyone still keen? Ill pm you the code for my league

Comment

Hey guys sorry for the delay. Im going to be sending the code for my league once im home from work late tonight. Anyone still keen? Ill pm you the code for my league
                          Yeah mate I'd like to join good to play against fellow Roosters supporters

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                            SuperMegaBosden he's my all time fav maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

Hooker of the year.

Bet you're ecstatic that Haloumi is getting a run in the 9's mate.......

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
                              Bet you're ecstatic that Haloumi is getting a run in the 9's mate.......
                              I'm planning a Salami and Haloumi entree on Saturday as a dedication to the great man.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X