Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turk-283
    coopers is the same as xxxx..
    Now I know you are a Gherkin cos that's not even funny.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
      Now I know you are a Gherkin cos that's not even funny.

Same stuff different label on the bottle..

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
        Same stuff different label on the bottle..
        You are dumber than I gave you credit for.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

I've actually never tried a warm beer but have been told they aren't that warm as the conditions are cold enough to keep them colder than warm. Still doesn't stop us Aussies taking the piss from you Poms.

Do you ever brew any of the Coopers range??? The Aussie and International series are very good. My fav is the International Lager, awesome beer with a few king prawns and oysters.

I love Coopers Pale Ale on tap, $10 jugs at the local surf club up here, nothing better looking out over Cooly beach sinking that stuff.

You are gonna hate the beers at the SFS. Unleaded shit and pricey. I'm bringing some Homies when I go down and am gonna load up before the game.

I've actually never tried a warm beer but have been told they aren't that warm as the conditions are cold enough to keep them colder than warm. Still doesn't stop us Aussies taking the piss from you Poms.

Do you ever brew any of the Coopers range??? The Aussie and International series are very good. My fav is the International Lager, awesome beer with a few king prawns and oysters.

I love Coopers Pale Ale on tap, $10 jugs at the local surf club up here, nothing better looking out over Cooly beach sinking that stuff.

You are gonna hate the beers at the SFS. Unleaded shit and pricey. I'm bringing some Homies when I go down and am gonna load up before the game.

I brewed one a few years back (the Coopers Dark Ale I think it was) but you can't really get their brew kits out here unless you order online. I've been attempting a few of my own from scratch this past year following various recipes, it's tough going and I've had a few rough brews but drank them anyway haha. Ciders are pretty easy to make from scratch just time consuming with all the picking, washing & juicing.

S**t beer at stadiums tends to be a global trend mate. The only time I have ever been to a sporting event and had a decent full strength beer was at Old Trafford during the Ashes in 05 when they were serving the Czech beer Staropraman which is proper head ache material. It pissed down all day on the 3rd day so everybody just retreated to the beer tents and got s**t faced. I'd doubt they still serve it these days like.

Comment

english beer is best drunk in britain , better to drink the local bitter as it has the highest turn over and is thus fresher, i tended to drink half pints as i got too full of wind? you dot notice the lack of temperature change after a while? must admit i do prefer an icy cold aussie beer, no not fosters, aussies dont drink fosters thats a hangover from bazza mckenzie movies!

Comment

Where's the best place in Sydney to buy my self a Roosters jersey to hoard with all my other RL jerseys? I bought a Warriors jersey in NZ and the robbing buggers stung me for almost $200! Not keen to pay that much again.

Comment

Originally posted by DanWRL View Post
                Where's the best place in Sydney to buy my self a Roosters jersey to hoard with all my other RL jerseys? I bought a Warriors jersey in NZ and the robbing buggers stung me for almost $200! Not keen to pay that much again.
                Sydney game day or @ the ground??

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                  english beer is best drunk in britain , better to drink the local bitter as it has the highest turn over and is thus fresher, i tended to drink half pints as i got too full of wind? you dot notice the lack of temperature change after a while? must admit i do prefer an icy cold aussie beer, no not fosters, aussies dont drink fosters thats a hangover from bazza mckenzie movies!

I do love the hand pumped ales myself just for the ever changing selection. My local has 12 hand pumps (as well as loads of other standard taps), 4 of which are standard ales that you'll find in most pubs around the country but the rest are all regional ales that change all the time. I can't drink cask ale on a summers day though because it just doesn't quench the thirst.

Have you been to the USA in recent years? We used to take the p!ss out of them for their abysmal selection of brews, but in recent years it has turned the complete opposite direction over there. I was in Oregon last year for a wedding and did a beer/fly fishing trip afterwards and was really impressed with the whole craft beer scene they have going on. Lots of local distilleries too if you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
                    Sydney game day or @ the ground??
                    I'm in town for 4 days so where ever is the best value.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanWRL View Post
                      I'm in town for 4 days so where ever is the best value.
                      Peter wins score...@ Parramatta

Comment

• Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
                        Peter wins score...@ Parramatta
                        Cheers for that mate I'll go check it out.

Comment

Take all the hard work out of it for yourself Dan & visit the on-site merchandise store located just outside Allianz Stadium members entry. Heaps of other stuff too!!!

Comment

I work around the corner from Peter Wynns Score PM me what size jersey I can check n see what he can do.

We had a sponsor change about a month ago so there have been some sales e.g. At Rebel Sport which is usually a rip off were selling Roosters Premiers edition one time for 60 dollars in the CBD and also last November in Parramatta.

Peter Wynns was also selling them a week ago for 88 dollars last years alternate (Red) Jersey I think they only had the XL and larger left but I can ask them tomorrow.

The Roosters shop was also selling them recently for 99 dollars 2014 editions with the old sponsors on them. You could contact them n see if the can do a bulk deal for all you Wigan supporters who want one.

+1 your comments re USA craft beers...I was on the West Coast in 2012 n pleasantly surprised.
                            Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 02-09-2014, 11:48 AM. Reason: Wrong Spelling hahaha!
                            Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

It's not often I agree with the guurken but he's right, you're likely to pick a 2013 one from there for between $70-$100.

If Pete himself is there he doesn't mind a bit of negotiating either.

Comment

I have sent you a PM mate..cheers!!!!
                                Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Working...
                                X