Off the Wigan site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
    Have you watched much Super League? Wigan, Leeds, Warrington, St Helens are more than capable of putting up a good show.

I'm not saying we won't beat 'em - and hopefully by plenty.....but there are a lot more good British players than you're making out.
    now take the aussie players out of superleak.......
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
      Yes mate, massive fan.
      Me too. I think Let England Shake is the best album of the last 10 years. Then there's White Chalk, and Stories, etc. Brilliant.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Whilst we should win the game, I don't think we should have our expectations as high as flogging them. We haven't played together as a team in five months (by the time the game comes around), our match fitness understandably won't be up to scratch which could lead to lower intensity, and it will no doubt take a few matches to click as a team again. I'm also pretty sure Wigan's season would have already started so they should be in better match condition and should be gelling as a team (if they are playing well)

However there is no doubt we will be up for the match, and if are able to defend well then we should definitely win the game. I'm just saying I think it would be unfair to expect a flogging

Comment

will the game be played under international rules ie only one referee? i hope so

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
            now take the aussie players out of superleak.......
            Now take The Kiwi's and poms out of the NRL.. Just sayin is all..

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
              Prefer no Greenberg

Comment

The last time Wigan headed over to Australia for this comp we beat Brisbane in their own backyard whilst Leeds, Bradford and St Helens have won the WCC in recent seasons.

I expect Sydney to win - But I wouldn't write us off.
                Last edited by Wiganer; 02-03-2014, 01:11 AM.

Comment

I would...

Comment

Originally posted by rwbfl View Post
                    Whilst we should win the game, I don't think we should have our expectations as high as flogging them. We haven't played together as a team in five months (by the time the game comes around), our match fitness understandably won't be up to scratch which could lead to lower intensity, and it will no doubt take a few matches to click as a team again. I'm also pretty sure Wigan's season would have already started so they should be in better match condition and should be gelling as a team (if they are playing well)

However there is no doubt we will be up for the match, and if are able to defend well then we should definitely win the game. I'm just saying I think it would be unfair to expect a flogging
                    its not like the boys will be plaing wigan with a hang over.. the poms will be coming here from there cold miserable flodded land to our 30 degrees weather. I expect they will perform as their cricket team. I suspect the jumbo they fly in on wont even turn of its engine. flee like the cricket team did

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
                      yeh your right like thirsty, cronk, inglass, friend, smith, horan, boyd, cassiano, taylor, myles, blah blah blah

Comment

yeh your right like thirsty, cronk, inglass, friend, smith, horan, boyd, cassiano, taylor, myles, blah blah blah
                        You're letting yourself down a bit here mate......

Comment

its not like the boys will be plaing wigan with a hang over.. the poms will be coming here from there cold miserable flodded land to our 30 degrees weather.
                          Will it be 30 degree weather?!

Comment

True colours.. RP is and always has-bin a wanker! Backwards bum-boy..

Comment

its not like the boys will be plaing wigan with a hang over.. the poms will be coming here from there cold miserable flodded land to our 30 degrees weather. I expect they will perform as their cricket team. I suspect the jumbo they fly in on wont even turn of its engine. flee like the cricket team did
                              FFS your a dumb caaarnt.. Wigan have been training in a hot climate, they'l be ready for the heat but will they be ready for Mighty Easts? Your game is droppin mate..

Comment

Originally posted by Wiganer View Post
                                Will it be 30 degree weather?!
                                Will be atleast 30 degrees, hot summer here mate. Hopefully we get an East erly late in the day...

Comment

Working...
                                X