Off the Wigan site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post
    I work around the corner from Peter Wynnes Score PM me what size jersey I can check n see what he can do.

We had a sponsor change about a month ago so there have been some sales e.g. At Rebel Sport which is usually a rip off were selling Roosters Premiers edition one time for 60 dollars in the CBD and also last November in Parramatta.

Peter Wynnes was also selling them a week ago for 88 dollars last years alternate (Red) Jersey I think they only had the XL and larger left but I can ask them tomorrow.

The Roosters shop was also selling them recently for 99 dollars 2014 editions with the old sponsors on them. You could contact them n see if the can do a bulk deal for all you Wigan supporters who want one.

+1 your comments re USA craft beers...I was on the West Coast in 2012 n pleasantly surprised.
    Hey you work right near me. It's Wynn mate, not Wynne. He's an old Werris Creek lad, he used to play league, he had a brother who went alright. Not a bad bloke either. Spent a few nights on the turps in his box at Parra Stadium. Good times, great days, correct spelling. lol, Go Easts..anyone else sick of this farking off season? See you soon vermin scum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangarooster View Post
      Hey you work right near me. It's Wynn mate, not Wynne. He's an old Werris Creek lad, he used to play league, he had a brother who went alright. Not a bad bloke either. Spent a few nights on the turps in his box at Parra Stadium. Good times, great days, correct spelling. lol, Go Easts..anyone else sick of this farking off season? See you soon vermin scum.
      Tnx mate I fixed the spelling...hahaha I work near the joint and cannot spill his name correctly.
      Yeah the Parra teams in the late 70s and early 80s he told me some stories when I visited his store and his brother (Graham?) played for the Dragons didn't he?
      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

• Originally posted by DanWRL View Post
        Where's the best place in Sydney to buy my self a Roosters jersey to hoard with all my other RL jerseys? I bought a Warriors jersey in NZ and the robbing buggers stung me for almost $200! Not keen to pay that much again.
        check out this

http://www.sydneyroostersshop.com.au...ey-18974.phtml

on the beer front i am a bit of a fan of the beers from the dark side

i enjoy a much overlooked stout - Sheafs Stout (NSW - one of the cheaper beers) and i don't know if it is still about Southwark Stout (South Australian) and of course Coopers Stout ( South Australian).

The James Squire range (NSW) are great as well.

for a special treat i will go out with family and mates to the Lord Nelson in the Rocks (Sydney) - haven't been for a couple of years - but they have a great range of beers - bit pricey but great range of beers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frozen chook View Post
          check out this

http://www.sydneyroostersshop.com.au...ey-18974.phtml

on the beer front i am a bit of a fan of the beers from the dark side

i enjoy a much overlooked stout - Sheafs Stout (NSW - one of the cheaper beers) and i don't know if it is still about Southwark Stout (South Australian) and of course Coopers Stout ( South Australian).

The James Squire range (NSW) are great as well.

for a special treat i will go out with family and mates to the Lord Nelson in the Rocks (Sydney) - haven't been for a couple of years - but they have a great range of beers - bit pricey but great range of beers.
          Good stuff I'll check it out. Do you know of any decent brew-pubs worth visiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanWRL View Post
            Good stuff I'll check it out. Do you know of any decent brew-pubs worth visiting?
            Being honest, if you want to get to a good pub, forget about the typical kings cross crap and head out to the Mean Fiddler in Rouse Hill. (north west Sydney)
            It is a bit of a stretch but Michael Jennings travels from there each day to get to training, and you may as well enjoy all of Sydney while you are here.

Give it a look up.

Comment

• Try the Lord Dudley as an English style bar. About a mile walk to the RoosterDome.
              Lord Nelson at Rocks for home brews.
              Watsons Bay Hotel for a beer on a harbour beach.
              Bondi Icebergs for a beer overlooking Bondi Beach
              Have a cocktail at the ShangriLa for one of the best views of the Harbour and the city

Missed any fellas?
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• hey there dan the wigan man. are with family or a bunch of drunken yobbos.
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by kegs2 View Post
                  Being honest, if you want to get to a good pub, forget about the typical kings cross crap and head out to the Mean Fiddler in Rouse Hill. (north west Sydney)
                  It is a bit of a stretch but Michael Jennings travels from there each day to get to training, and you may as well enjoy all of Sydney while you are here.

Give it a look up.
                  A few years ago this place would have been at the top of my stay clear list.. but it's really starting to clean up its image not a bad spot to have a few beers these days ...

Comment

• Originally posted by kegs2 View Post

Give it a look up.
                    +1...It's a really good joint now.

If you go up that way there is another pub out there called 'The Brewery' on Annangrove road, their beers on tap are awesome...plus its really family friendly and you won't get no trouble.
                    Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

• This new joint in Marrickville is worth checking out.

http://batchbrewingco.com.au/

As is this old fave, lots of weird stuff on tap.

http://www.vichotel.com.au/

Or a bit closer to the stadium.....

http://doveandolive.com.au/

Comment

• And The Local Taphouse. Google it.
                        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                          hey there dan the wigan man. are with family or a bunch of drunken yobbos.
                          Bunch of drunken yobbos haha. 3 Poms and 2 Kiwis.

Comment

• Cheers for the info fellas I'll look forward to checking out some of these places.

Comment

• Did I say 30 the other day?

After watching that make it a thousand...

Comment

• Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                                It will be at least 20.

I'd put a few quid on that...
                                Eat me, Danny boy...

Comment

Working...
                                X