Off the Wigan site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
    What has that to do with my post? I'm British myself.
    Perhaps the objection was because you posted something abhorrent about an infant.
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Get a grip. He may be an infant, but one day that infant will have 10's of millions of tax payer money spent on his wedding, while people 2 suburbs down are eating out of bins.

So yeah, **** him.

If he grows up and consciously abdicates, then I'll take it back.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
        What has that to do with my post? I'm British myself.
        Lol sorry I thought you were talking about English people! But just the royal family, I see.

Clearly I needed more sleep last night.

Comment

• i dont mind the queen, met her shes very impressive, i just want an aussie as head of our country, i very much relate to pomms, love their humour and tv shows. were much closer to them than the yanks, at least they play cricket and rugby league! i even like chips and eggs!and have been known to down a few warm pints of bitter in london! I APPRECIATE THE GOVT BUT FEEL OUR GOVERNOR GENERAL POSITION COULD WELL BE OUR PRESDENT, UNELECRTED BY THE PEOPLE AND FOIR A SET TERM?

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
            Way back at Federation in 1901, our ancestors knew a good thing when they saw it...the Monarchy and British system of govt.
            They gave it an American flavour, but kept the Monarchy...and our Consitutional Monarchy was born...the best system of govt in the world.
            A peaceful and stable democracy, the envy of most of the world.

Former Prime Minister John Howard lost the 2007 election...Keven Rudd won.
            The govt and Prime Minister's residence changed hands...John Howard and Kevin Rudd had afternoon tea in the Prime Minister's residence, and John showed Keven how to use the dishwasher.
            No tanks, no rioting in the streets. no 'Arab Spring'...no Ukraine uprising.
            All nice and civilised..."God Save the Queen" who signs the charters for our parliament, Governor-General etc.

Welcome Wigan supporters, waving the Union Jack.

Royal family members come and go, it's not about them...it's about what they stand for and the system they are Head of.
            With the Christian West going to hell in handbasket these days...the Queen, and the US President, are about the only hope we have of survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0tgW_vJ05U
            Exactly. If we accept the fact that the Royal Family has been ordained by God to forever preside over us, we can accept our lot in life, never get above our station and never challenge the status quo.

I did but see her passing by and yet I love her 'til I die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
              Exactly. If we accept the fact that the Royal Family has been ordained by God to forever preside over us, we can accept our lot in life, never get above our station and never challenge the status quo.

Good Lord LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

No one presides over us these days, ...it's mostly all just ceremonial.
                We have our own parliament, own own flag, make our own laws, and govern ourselves.

I absolutely love the layer of protection above the politicians with which the Monarch provides us.
                Politicians get too big for their boots and don't want to follow the protocols? ...the Monarch, via her state governors, and Governor General boots them out, and calls a new election.

I love my castle on the hill and what it stands for.
                It, and those who've resided in it, have served me well my whole life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ajWWMNnzQ
                Govt House Sydney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBDaiZ4xHqE
                A day in the life of the Governor of NSW...[Sir David Martin and Lady Martin]...taking the Governor to the People.
                Including the Governor attending a footy match Australia V England, meets the players on the field.

Our current NSW state Governor, Her Excellency Professor The Honourable Marie Bashir AC CVO, is a gem.
                Last edited by bondi-boy; 02-24-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• You'll get no argument from me, my Monarchist friend. This whole democracy thing is an over-rated, over-hyped invention of the Greeks and look at where they are! I gladly submit to the authority, God-given pre-eminence and eternal superiority of the Royal Family. We are deluded if we think that our lowly-blooded populace can be given free reign to choose its government and head of state.

Send her victorious
                  Happy and glorious
                  Long to reign over us
                  God Save the Queen! (and Tony Abbott, her champion, of course)

Comment

Working...
                  X