Well done Easts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done Easts.

Beaten fair and square! Not quite by the 40 points like Greeds had predicted but a bit of a bellending all the same. None the less we've had a fantastic weekend in Sydney and some great banter and chat with you Roosters fans. Thanks again for the hospitality shown by you all it has been an absolute pleasure. Hopefully we'll get another crack at you next year at our place but until then I wish you all the best with the coming season and hope you manage the back to back which you all want so much.

By the way if anybody fancies a beer then we're down at the Bucket List on Bondi Beach right now. Come say hi.

Comment

I thought Wigan showed character with a brave 2nd half. I was impressed with some of your young British players Dan. The future looks good. As it does for us. I love having the WCC down here but it is just as special playing on one of your famous grounds over there. Hopefully our clubs will contest in a few more of these matches.

Comment

You sound like a top bloke Dan and have taken the loss well. Wigan didn't shame themselves, they showed up and had a red hot go. Good luck to you guys this year, I would love for you blokes to get another opportunity against us for the WCC next year!
        The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Your boys played a pretty tough game and for the full 80 minutes too mind you.
          I have a lot of respect for Wigan after last nights performance. The 20 minutes they put in after half time was really good, when a lot of teams would have folded.

Comment

A lot of respect for the Wigan crowd as well kept chearing all the way to the end.. great atmosphere..

Comment

Well done Dan. Have a great season ahead.
              We earned our victory in the 2nd half. Your team tuned up for the second half.
              Your coach is also a gentleman and was gracious in defeat.
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

can we swap souffs for wigan?
                My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by DanWRL View Post
                  Beaten fair and square! Not quite by the 40 points like Greeds had predicted but a bit of a bellending all the same. None the less we've had a fantastic weekend in Sydney and some great banter and chat with you Roosters fans. Thanks again for the hospitality shown by you all it has been an absolute pleasure. Hopefully we'll get another crack at you next year at our place but until then I wish you all the best with the coming season and hope you manage the back to back which you all want so much.
                  Very well said Dan. Glad you enjoyed your stay in OZ and good luck to Wigan for the rest of the year.

The only thing I don't like is the game is called a 'World' Club Challenge yet is only played between teams from two countries.

It reminds me of a joke from John Cleese around the infamous days when Bill Clinton was President. It went like this:

"When asked by Jay Leno to explain the main differences between the English and the Americans, John Cleese answered as follows:

a) We speak English.

b) When we host an international event, we invite other countries.

c) When we meet our head of state, we only have to go down on one knee".

Cheers mate and all the best.
                  "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

well done dan, must admit the many wigan fans i spoke to at the game very cclassy and passionate about their team, these are traits we understand, i was very impressed with your team on the field and i think if you still had tomkins at fullback the game would have been in doubt? a pity we were a bit rusty first up, but after the hitout with you we are a better team for it already! yes you are welcome at our ground anytime!
                    Last edited by stephenj; 02-23-2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Cheers Dan I will take that beer another time As for the game Wigan tried very hard But were simply outclassed by a side who with all due respect was rusty and only in 2nd gear

If we put in that type of performance against Souths we will be on thwe wrong end of the scoreboard

Enjoy the rest of your stay
                      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Would have loved to have seen these two teams play each other at full strength last year after the grand final ... The Wigan team that we played last night wasn't the team the team that won last year ..

Comment

Cheers Dan. All the best.
                          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by The Eggfather View Post
                            I thought Wigan showed character with a brave 2nd half. I was impressed with some of your young British players Dan. The future looks good. As it does for us. I love having the WCC down here but it is just as special playing on one of your famous grounds over there. Hopefully our clubs will contest in a few more of these matches.
                            Agreed, they had some moments...

- Their first hit on JWH was CHEEKY!!! They definitely let us know they were there to play footy (until we scored a few minutes later).

- Charnley lookes a bit like a fergo kinda character. Crazy/unpredictable when he had the ball!

- A few shonky hits that worried me. #9 Did one on Pearce (if my memory is right?) I yelled out 'YOU DIRTY HOOKER' without realising what I'd just said. Pettybourne's hit was pretty poor too... glad they didn't get too dirty and nobody got injured.

- Don't think I've seen many as big as that Dudson fellow... pretty scary. Reminded me of a massive bulldog I saw in Surry Hills before the game. Never seen a dog with such wide shoulders!

Great game to watch and the Wigan fans were fun to watch with. Some of Pettybourne's (family maybe?) were behind me in stand 12. He ran over to them at the end and held their babies...etc. overall a really good atmosphere, I kinda wish we got to play against more international clubs.

Comment

Well done Wigan and it was great to meet up with Dan n the Folks from Wigan....passionate rugby league people n some great stories were told.

Hope both clubs go back to back to set up return encounter in the Old Dart.

Cheers
                              Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Working...
                              X