Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are a long long long long long way......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are a long long long long long way......

from where we were last year.

Our go forward is rubbish without JWH although it was good to see lui back. We miss O'Donnell

Mini is getting ragdolled

Our attack lacks any potency whatsoever.

That said we are gutsy. Tupou should have scored if he had the ball in the correct hand and we refused a penalty goal at 8-8 which would have won it.

Any other team playing as bad as we are would be getting smoked in all seriousness

Originally posted by Dolphin View Post
    from where we were last year.

Our go forward is rubbish without JWH although it was good to see lui back. We miss O'Donnell

Mini is getting rag dolled

Our attack lacks any potency whatsoever.

That said we are gutsy. Tupou should have scored if he had the ball in the correct hand and we refused a penalty goal at 8-8 which would have won it.

Any other team playing as bad as we are would be getting smoked in all seriousness
    Everything you said was spot on. Be careful saying it round here though...

Comment

We need to find an extra 20% from somewhere starting from next week.

It's funny that what works one season may not necessarily work the next. I was worried at half time watching Trent just having a chat with the boys as they were all sat down. The dogs on the other hand were pacing around like caged tigers.

That style worked last season. Will it work this season with every team looking to knock our blocks off as the reigning premiers?

We need to get a bit of mongrel into the team.

Comment

Originally posted by allan757 View Post

It's funny that what works one season may not necessarily work the next. I was worried at half time watching Trent just having a chat with the boys as they were all sat down. The dogs on the other hand were pacing around like caged tigers.

That style worked last season. Will it work this season with every team looking to knock our blocks off as the reigning premiers?

An old boxer once said" give me a challenger and I will feed him blood and he will crawl to win...give me a champion and he will want champagne just to turn up..."!

Very prophetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphin View Post
          Mini is getting ragdolled
          ......in just about every tackle.

Comment

Agreed Dolphin, the team hasn't started as well as last year but I'm not overly concerned at this stage given that last night they were one bad decision (and a successful kick) off possibly winning. Not taking the two in those conditions was a mistake and not because I'm using hindsight. As far as I'm concerned, Trent was out-coached by the coach of the other team and the kicking game of the other team's halves was far superior in both execution and strategy.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

we miss lod for his maturity and experience!

Comment

Bulldogs have a better and bigger pack than us even with JWH. Given the conditions, I dont know why everyone is surprised we got rolled?

Our only hope was in the fringes however it is hard to do that given the conditions.

Comment

A major problem is that our main in-game kicker is off his game and Pearce's kicking game has not improved in three years.
                  SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

We're so not a long long long long way off.
                    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by HEGtheROOSTER View Post
                      ......in just about every tackle.
                      There's no 'just about' every tackle, it IS every tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by allan757 View Post

I would like to know which team is playing with more mongrel.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

The business end is a long, long, long way off - be patient

Comment

I'll panic Rd 20 not Rd5.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                              There's no 'just about' every tackle, it IS every tackle.
                              You crack me up Greed's, but it's sadly very true.

Comment

Working...
                              X