Why didn't we take the 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAL View Post
    Robbo can blame himself all he wants, but he made the right decision and sent the message down to take the two. He's just covering for a bit of poor captaincy from Mini who has obviously learnt the lesson that you always take the two in that situation, especially on a wet night where not many points had been scored.
    You'd think Mini would be smart enough to take the two with all his experience.

Comment

considering he took the two earlier to draw level, why wouldn't you take the two to hit the lead ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
        I wonder if Pearce and Maloney regularly practice fg's at training? judging by their efforts it doesn't look like it. The other thing that shits me is their lack of ability in kicks to the ingoal for a dropout, I've only seen one this year and that was Morts effort against Brisbane. The bomb kicking was atrocious last night as well. So many things to get right.
        Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by JAL View Post
          Robbo can blame himself all he wants, but he made the right decision and sent the message down to take the two. He's just covering for a bit of poor captaincy from Mini who has obviously learnt the lesson that you always take the two in that situation, especially on a wet night where not many points had been scored.
          Now that I believe.

Anyway...it's done now...they live and learn.
          We move on to next week...for which some serious practice in many areas nees doing.

We should have at least two field goal experts [and a team trained to organise the play to make it easy for them] on hand at all times.
          Anything less is poor training/poor policy.

Golden point, is one reason.
          Last edited by bondi-boy; 04-05-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterman 02-forever View Post
            You'd think Mini would be smart enough to take the two with all his experience.
            He wasn't on this occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
              Mike it was a very dumb decision.
              Its Big Mike, Raymond!
              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Let me say that when Jake Friend took that tap my cat went flying across the room. Not voluntarily.

I am not a Mini hater. Had acgreat 2013. But I believe if Shek was better under the high ball Mini would be permanent wing or retired.

But Mini is not a Captain. Too nice a guy and not assertive enough. Do you think cameron Smith or Jamie Lyon wouldnt have come running over and said, " Jake, WTF u thinking. 2 points pls Ref".

Robbo or not. The decision was terrible and cost us 2 Competition points. Dogs were never going to get a try. A strong Captain would have taken control in that situation.
                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

In those conditions you take the 2, secure the win first and foremost. Ha Ha hope the cats ok.

Comment

When Freddy and Fitzy were our captains, it was always take the 2, no arguments. We beat Melbourne 10-6 in 2008 at a 5.30pm Saturday home game, simply by taking the 2. Put it this way, they will never ever make this mistake again now will they? I'd rather this happen now, rather than come finals time. Put it down to bad judgement.
                    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Taking the 2 is too mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                        Taking the 2 is too mainstream.
                        And the yellow river is a better option

Turk.

Comment

Working...
                        X