So we won a penalty count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So we won a penalty count

Don't get too alarmed, I'm sure everything will go back to normal next week...

Before I die, I want to see a Roosters team win a penalty count like Souths did in the first half of last night's game - 7 to 1.

I've been following the Roosters since 1968 and I cannot remember us ever getting that kind of a leg up. There might have been a few games when we won the first three or four penalties, but the referees soon evened things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
      Before I die, I want to see a Roosters team win a penalty count like Souths did in the first half of last night's game - 7 to 1.
      While ever News LTD have anything to do with the game, you will ever see it happen. They have never gotten over the fact that the Roosters scuttled their Super league. Now we get to watch the footy on free-to-air, instead of being forced to pay to watch it on Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

I've been following the Roosters since 1968 and I cannot remember us ever getting that kind of a leg up. There might have been a few games when we won the first three or four penalties, but the referees soon evened things up.
        Think 2002 preliminary final against the Broncos. Brisbane getting their first penalty 11 minutes from time. Final count was 6 in favour of the Roosters.

Memories from that game: Bonetti knocked out in the first 5 minutes and Ricketson getting injured, Hegarty catching that kick that could have ended up anywhere in the dying seconds, Langer throwing that pass that Mullins picked up near the half way line and scored. A game of inches as they say but the rub of the green was with the Roosters that night.
        "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

We won a penalty count against Brisbane in 1996 on a Monday night 8-0. We've obviously been paying for it ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollus View Post
            We won a penalty count against Brisbane in 1996 on a Monday night 8-0. We've obviously been paying for it ever since.
            Did you not read the post above yours?
            "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

What I thoroughly love with a passion is how teams 'magically' become so disciplined against us, but when playing other teams that discipline then suddenly magically disappears. manly conceded 9 penalties today, against $ouff$ conceded 8, against storm 9, and yet amazingly only conceded a mere 2 against us. unF***INGbelievable!!

Also love how "divine intervention" comes in to help $ouff$ avoid 4 losses in a row!! WOW that is something new for $ouff$ with getting these miraculous things go their way.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl...u1brgiv6bep0iu
              The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                Did you not read the post above yours?
                I did and that's why I brought up 1996, not the 2002 prelim as you had already mentioned it.

Feel like much of a tool yet?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
                  What I thoroughly love with a passion is how teams 'magically' become so disciplined against us, but when playing other teams that discipline then suddenly magically disappears. manly conceded 9 penalties today, against $ouff$ conceded 8, against storm 9, and yet amazingly only conceded a mere 2 against us. unF***INGbelievable!!

Also love how "divine intervention" comes in to help $ouff$ avoid 4 losses in a row!! WOW that is something new for $ouff$ with getting these miraculous things go their way.

Reminds me of how Michael Crocker was always deemed a 'thug' or a grub' when he was ours but when he played for Souths and Melbourne, he all of a sudden became known as 'the enforcer'. All he did was change the colour of his jersey..
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Or if a wayward player defects to the Roosters Its "poaching" when they go to certain other clubs especially north of the border they are "Given a new start"
                    Last edited by easts4eva; 04-06-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Poor old dragons did get stitched up.

Couldn't have the media and nrls darlings losing four on the trot.

Comment

I went over to Erskineville yesterday to watch the Golden Slipper at the pub with a friend and on the way back was stuck on the bus with a group of Souths fans. Well, they stuck the knife into their own players, the refs and their coach debating how quickly they can get rid of Maguire. They then were talking about coaches and slumps, pointing out that even the likes of Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy have experienced them in their careers. Then one of them said they wonder how long it would take for Trent to have a coaching slump. They all agreed that Trent was the best coach around and it was unlikely. I was quite surprised to hear this from Souths fans.
                        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          Poor old dragons did get stitched up.

Couldn't have the media and nrls darlings losing four on the trot.
                          Yes Jack, st merge were stitched up big time just like we were against manly! I can't blame Price for going off.

It was very predictable that $ouff$ were going to be looked after last night. If they had lost 4 in a row, there may have been no coming back for them and that would be disastrous for ratings.
                          The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                            Reminds me of how Michael Crocker was always deemed a 'thug' or a grub' when he was ours but when he played for Souths and Melbourne, he all of a sudden became known as 'the enforcer'. All he did was change the colour of his jersey..
                            I agree RWB. Also it is amazing just how much more disciplined big Marty Kennedy is now these days he is at the broncos! Nowhere near as penalized as what he was with us.

Comment

Amen brother Oracle. I too am a big fan of such magic and I'm lucky because I get to see it every week.

One thing I realised whilst at the vermin game, and it's something stsae is fond of saying, nobody cares. Nobody of course, except those of us here on this forum with a particular predisposition to expecting fairness for the Roosters.
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X