Why No Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why No Fans?

This is a no brainer for everyone that doesn't make a living out of the NRL. We, the fans are sick of ridiculous refereeing and players milking penalties and taking dives. The standard of the refereeing in the dragons v rabbitohs game was just embarrassing, as was the Sea Eagles v roosters game the week before. You want a rule change that will make honest people watch the game again? If a player lays down and it stops the game, they must go off the field. full stop. If they deem illegal play caused the stopage, its a free interchange. If it isn't it counts as one of your interchanges. If you are out of interchanges you finish the game a man down. That will fix the crap acting that goes on at the moment.

The NRL is in a recession - the cost for a family or couples to go to a game is very high - Sydney is the 5th most expensive city in the world may also play a part in why no fans are showing up especially when the Greenberg scoundrels continue to charge high entry prices - they did well out of the tv deal so they need to invest in the game by making it more affordable for the fans and having a better judicial system both on and off the field

Comment

As ive said many times, every club should have a representative that makes up a panel and assesses every game of every round and casts judgement on the officials.. They need to be as accountable as a player who is penalise by the match review committee..

Turk.

Comment

Who else thinks this shoulder charge ban has made the game more dangerous then ever? its turned the game from an impact sport to a wrestling sport... which has resulted in awkward tackles because players are hesitant to make a tackle using there shoulder.. The shoulder charge was never the problem, it was the high contact... and that hasnt gone away and never will, there just ruining this game from the inside out and the lack of crowds is a result of it, if i wanted to see hard hits being penalized and players taking dives id be a soccer fan not a league fan.
        Last edited by IRoosterManI; 04-08-2014, 08:13 AM.
        My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
        My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Yes refereeing is a big issue but 1 of my pet hate is how the NRL, and under collaboration with Nine allocate the games in favour of certain teams, mainly due for ratings or probably crowd trends. Of course the main one is the Broncos with probably 95% Friday games followed closely by Souths. This clearly favours the QLD side which allows them to have a set routine, unlike the others that have all sorts of recovery periods. It also favours the fans as they also know that Friday night is their 'footy night'. It amazes me though how no one but other fans have complained about this yet you don't hear a pip from clubs. It's like their towing the 'company line' and don't rock the boat, OR perhaps its not an issue with them at all. It's an issue with me especially since moving North. I wonder if the AFL are this brazen with manipulating the games times to suit/aid clubs.

Comment

my beef this season has been 1 refereeing incompetence and inconsistancy; 2 prices at games, everything from parking $25 for a car at moore park to a pie over$5 at the sfs let a lone a beer similar price whenever the roosters look like getting a roll on another key player is suspended! first sbw then jwh, some people might think conspiracy?

Comment

im very sick of brisbane and souffs getting prime game time ie friday nights, the abscence of free to air on saturdays and mondays is not helping, we dont all have foxtel! now will we get it again, too much newscorp stench attached to it!

Comment

Working...
              X