Teams up V Eels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams up V Eels

Roosters (1-13): Anthony Minichiello (c), Daniel Tupou, Michael Jennings, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Jake Friend, Sam Moa, Boyd Cordner, Sonny Bill Williams, Frank-Paul Nuuausala

Bench (14-19): Daniel Mortimer, Aidan Guerra, Mitchell Aubusson, Dylan Napa, Kane Evans, Isaac Liu

Some big decisions yet to be made and announced re our final 17. That is a large bench list of quality players (experienced and developing)
    Last edited by The Axe; 04-08-2014, 07:04 PM.
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

FPN to make way for Maubs to start with Evans and Guerra to drop off the bench.

That's what I'd do anyway...

Comment

Maubs, Guerra, Evans, Lui would be my bench, Napa'a hit ups have had limited impact and Morts is only getting 15 mins a match.

Lui was very good Friday night.

We are alot more dangerous with Friend on the field, Guerra and Maubs to take the defensive workload away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
        Maubs, Guerra, Evans, Lui would be my bench, Napa'a hit ups have had limited impact and Morts is only getting 15 mins a match.

We are alot more dangerous with Friend on the field, Guerra and Maubs to take the defensive workload away from him.
        You dont have to be a brain surgeon to see why Robbo has played every game with a utility off the bench in every game since he took over. (Morts in all bar one where Seluini filled in against the Dogs).

Friend plays up the middle, there is no shying away from the defensive work. And two 30 minute periods separated by a 30 minute break is a helluva lot more managable than two 40 minute periods with a ten minute break.

Guerra, or Liu, to lock, with FPN dropping to the bench off out of the side completely.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs2 View Post
          You dont have to be a brain surgeon to see why Robbo has played every game with a utility off the bench in every game since he took over. (Morts in all bar one where Seluini filled in against the Dogs).

Friend plays up the middle, there is no shying away from the defensive work. And two 30 minute periods separated by a 30 minute break is a helluva lot more managable than two 40 minute periods with a ten minute break.

Guerra, or Liu, to lock, with FPN dropping to the bench off out of the side completely.

Turk.

Comment

I know why he has done it, i also know we look like a rudderless ship when Friend goes off, the more game time he plays the better, Morts tries hard, maybe a little too hard. Maybe Kurt Kara can be given a go

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
              I know why he has done it, i also know we look like a rudderless ship when Friend goes off, the more game time he plays the better, Morts tries hard, maybe a little too hard. Maybe Kurt Kara can be given a go
              Friend coming off isnt the sole reason. JWH, Friend and The Lawn Moa have formed a formiddable rotation in the first 25 odd minutes, they know each others game and perform well for us. This drop in intensity wasnt as evident last year as these three were often replaced by LOD, Morts and Kennedy, who were able to form their own rotation.

I think this is why we have struggled. We havent been abale to field the same team each week, let alone a full strength team. That is why im not panicking either.

The bolded part i agree with.

Comment

Pfft, mind games on a Smiffy scale.

Naming all these extended benches and changing the 17 without The Muthafunkinpens consultation 5 mins before kick off.

I hope AlFredo isn't still getting the late night texts???

While my guitar gently weeps.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                  Pfft, mind games on a Smiffy scale.

Naming all these extended benches and changing the 17 without The Muthafunkinpens consultation 5 mins before kick off.

I hope AlFredo isn't still getting the late night texts???

While my guitar gently weeps.

Pfff.. It's Dualing banjo's in the Tweed..

Turk.

Comment

Great bench hard to drop any of them I like them all and they all have something to offer. Liu needs the miles in his legs same with Evans maybe rest 2 of the others.
                    " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

You dont have to be a brain surgeon to see that You are a fool regarding Parramattas star winger Semi Radradra You know the one who has scored 8 tried in 6 games The player you said was hopeless Then said all he does is fall over the line to score The one last week was aclassic example of that he fell over from about 70 out Fool

Cant wait for you to blow a gasket like you did last time I mentioned this

Fire away dregs
                      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                        You dont have to be a brain surgeon to see that You are a fool regarding Parramattas star winger Semi Radradra You know the one who has scored 8 tried in 6 games The player you said was hopeless Then said all he does is fall over the line to score The one last week was aclassic example of that he fell over from about 70 out Fool

Cant wait for you to blow a gasket like you did last time I mentioned this

Fire away dregs
                        Radradra is rubrubbish.

Comment

Radradra is rubrubbish.
                          Him & Tonga will make SKD look like rubbish
                          "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Liu is a must. Looked really good in his comeback game last week. In my books he is ahead of Napa and Evans atm.

I also wouldn't be moving FPN anywhere. He has looked strong this year. Looking at the two packs, with Moa, JWH and FPN firing, there is the potential to rip Parramatts up through the middle. They are one of the few teams that we have beat in the ruck this year.

I expect our outside backs to be doing a lot of work in defence this week. Parramatta have a lot of talent out wide - albeit unpredictable and inconsistent.

Comment

I agree that FPN has been strong the past month.

He passes the eye test, which will always be more important than pure stats.

But...

I just wish he'd take more runs. It's always 7 for 40m, 8 for 48m, or the once in a blue moon 11 for 90m.

He can get a good head of steam up and is hard to bring down when on song ... so I would just like to see a greater workrate from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X