The Hunted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hunted

It's one thing to tell yourself all through the pre-season that you'll now be the hunted, that every week will be like a Grand Final for your opposition, that there will be no easy games but they're all clichés. There's nothing like actually experiencing it, I reckon the first few rounds have been a massive shock to the boys.

- When Melbourne first made the finals in their string of dominance they started the following season in 2004 with 3 wins & 5 losses
    - When Manly first made the finals in their string of dominance they started the following season with 2 straight losses and were 5 wins & 5 losses 10 games into the season
    - When the mighty Chooks first made the finals in '96 under Gould signalling the start of their dominant run we started the following season with only 7 wins from our first 16 games.
    - When Brisbane first made the finals under Bennett they started the following season with 3 wins from their first 7 games.

Sure we're losing but we're also learning how to win the tight games against motivated opposition and that'll hold is in good stead for the future.

No need to panic yet, we'll get there. Keep the faith!

I've seen so many avg. games this year with pot plant teams playing like balls.

And yet we've faced 5 teams playing their best game of the season, with the only exception being Parra in rnd 2.

The last few weeks our opposition have been outstanding. They're not dropping the ball and we're going 60 min blocks with 1 or no pens so we're having to create scoring opportunities. Which can be exhausting.

I havent been confident the past three weeks, predicting losses in all three games. But I'm also super confident that we'll win our next three.

And at 5-4 it'll be season back on track.

It ain't panic stations purely because everyone else's best still clearly isn't near our best.

Comment

Also, in 2002 we started 1-4. Albeit largely due to a horrendous injury toll.

I will also say that if we lose next week then it's season over. More because of what it'll say about us to lose to the Sharks whilst at full strength and very desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        I've seen so many avg. games this year with pot plant teams playing like balls.

And yet we've faced 5 teams playing their best game of the season, with the only exception being Parra in rnd 2.

The last few weeks our opposition have been outstanding. They're not dropping the ball and we're going 60 min blocks with 1 or no pens so we're having to create scoring opportunities. Which can be exhausting.

I havent been confident the past three weeks, predicting losses in all three games. But I'm also super confident that we'll win our next three.
        Well good luck winning our game against the Sharks at their home ground, with the usual 1-9 or 2-9 penalty count against us there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
          It's one thing to tell yourself all through the pre-season that you'll now be the hunted, that every week will be like a Grand Final for your opposition, that there will be no easy games but they're all clichés. There's nothing like actually experiencing it, I reckon the first few rounds have been a massive shock to the boys.

- When Melbourne first made the finals in their string of dominance they started the following season in 2004 with 3 wins & 5 losses
          - When Manly first made the finals in their string of dominance they started the following season with 2 straight losses and were 5 wins & 5 losses 10 games into the season
          - When the mighty Chooks first made the finals in '96 under Gould signalling the start of their dominant run we started the following season with only 7 wins from our first 16 games.
          - When Brisbane first made the finals under Bennett they started the following season with 3 wins from their first 7 games.

Sure we're losing but we're also learning how to win the tight games against motivated opposition and that'll hold is in good stead for the future.

With all those stats 6, are you saying they all had a bad start and came good in the finals, or they just made up the numbers?

Agree with tommy smith though, if we lose to sharks, mentally the season is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            Also, in 2002 we started 1-4. Albeit largely due to a horrendous injury toll.

I will also say that if we lose next week then it's season over. More because of what it'll say about us to lose to the Sharks whilst at full strength and very desperate.

I disagree. We were in a position to win all the games we lost and that is despite a lopsided possession in most of them. It is not like we have been comprehensively outplayed. It won't take much to turn it around.

We are still premiership favourites for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Like who?
              We luckily beat the Broncos & played the Eels 1st time around without there most potent player, Peats.
              We havn't learnt to win any tight games this year. The Roosters just need to continue to work hard, do all the 1% & some luck will come there way.

Comment

Working...
              X