July 13, 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 13, 2002

The last time I felt this bad after a loss was nearly twelve years ago. My wife had flown me to Melbourne with the family to celebrate a milestone birthday and we were at Olympic Park.

We got touched up 48-10 and were never in the game.

I'm not saying that this team will go on an undefeated run to win the comp like that team, but all is not lost. That was later in the year and we hadn't got our act together. There is still time, but we've got to get to work and fast.

Like they say, teams don't lose talent, but they lose desire. If this is not a wake up call, we are doomed!

There are some similarities to that game On a minor note though after that game we didnt go on an undefeated run We lost to the mutts the following week and then the Sharks the next week Both weeks the performance improved measurably though So much so I remember walking out of the Cronulla match after welost saying th my girlfriend that I just thought I had watched that years years Grand Final
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
      The last time I felt this bad after a loss was nearly twelve years ago. My wife had flown me to Melbourne with the family to celebrate a milestone birthday and we were at Olympic Park.

We got touched up 48-10 and were never in the game.

I'm not saying that this team will go on an undefeated run to win the comp like that team, but all is not lost. That was later in the year and we hadn't got our act together. There is still time, but we've got to get to work and fast.

Like they say, teams don't lose talent, but they lose desire. If this is not a wake up call, we are doomed!
      You said it!

Comment

Working...
      X