X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origin worries

So as a lifelong NSW we are presented with the followig prospect:

NSW pick: Pearce, Maloney, Tupou, Jennings QLD pick: Guerra. Cordner out

Six of our top players out. Will we be given provisions for going outside our top 25, because that will be a reality.

The other option is Pearce and Maloney get dropped, Tupou isn't picked. Far better from a Chooks perspective but the amount of shit we will cop if NSW win a series sans Pearce will be borderline insufferable.

What I'm saying is that I'm going to be a closet QLD fan if (and I hope) our halves aren't picked.

This shouldn't be the case and highlights what is wrong with the Origin period.

Am I alone on this?

fcuk ori9in. go roosters
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Yep, it's just origin.

We just want the Roosters to be doing well.

If Pearce and Maloney don't get picked we SHOULD be winning most of the games over the origin period which can fire up our season

If Tupou, Jennings and Guerra are picked i suppose we'll see Reuban/that big NZ boy who kept being picked as 18th man earlier this year (cant spell his name and won't even bother trying).. to wing, Maubs to centre, Casty at lock or bench
      Rise Again. Represent 1908. Tick Tick Boom!

Premiers 2013 - What a night! Bondi Junction till dawn! #BackOnTop

Easts to Win.

Comment

They would be nuts to pick Toups, he has the talent but isn't ready yet.

Jenko is the only certain pick IMO.

Guerra a chance. Pearce/Maloney are 50-50 with the Dogs halves although they seem to have the running now.

Comment

The fact we don't get a bye throughout the whole series is an absolute joke. And yet the raiders and warriors do. It's all about evening up the competition. The raiders will get 2 points from beating a depleted NQ team next week. The whole system is a joke. From all reports we will lose 4 guys to NSW, Guerra to QLD and Cordner is out injured. I would pick Hopoate over Toups but I don't think the selectors are going to go that way. I can't see us winning a game for awhile as our team will be contributing to the 'it's all about QLD' series for the next few months with little compensation for our club. Yes I'm sounding bitter but I've grown to hate SOO...sorry I mean the 'It's All ABout QLD' series.

Comment

Well apparently its was Guerra or Papaali for the last position but Thaiday asked not to be considered meaning they'll both get a spot.

Tupou and Tafua are the same age and apparently its down to them two.

From everything coming from NSW people (Sterlo, Johns, Freddy et al) they're all still backing Pearce so my gut is telling me that he gets picked.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster_booster View Post
              Well apparently its was Guerra or Papaali for the last position but Thaiday asked not to be considered meaning they'll both get a spot.

Tupou and Tafua are the same age and apparently its down to them two.

From everything coming from NSW people (Sterlo, Johns, Freddy et al) they're all still backing Pearce so my gut is telling me that he gets picked.
              Yes despite all the speculation in the media, I expect Daley to stick with Pearce and Maloney. Every indication is he wants Toups as well so as to keep the Roosters attacking combinations together. We as a club are stuffed! Good luck to the players who are chosen, but it will be a disaster for the Roosters in the real competition for the premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                Yes despite all the speculation in the media, I expect Daley to stick with Pearce and Maloney. Every indication is he wants Toups as well so as to keep the Roosters attacking combinations together. We as a club are stuffed! Good luck to the players who are chosen, but it will be a disaster for the Roosters in the real competition for the premiership.
                The most amazing this is how bad our bye schedule is. Both of our byes fall outside the weeks rep players are unavailable. We are reigning premiers, we should get priority with these things.

The other point is - NSW side gets announced tomorrow. We play Friday night. Either us or the Dogs will get completely bent over by the lack of preparation with our halves combination. It boggles the mind why they would organise this fixture for now.

Comment

Johnathan "Ian" Reuben is not a good prospect for first grade based on his performances for the Newtown "Bluebags" Jets which have been terrible. I would like to see Tau Tau Moga recalled if required.

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
                    Johnathan "Ian" Reuben is not a good prospect for first grade based on his performances for the Newtown "Bluebags" Jets which have been terrible. I would like to see Tau Tau Moga recalled if required.
                    Agree on the Reuben point BAW. From all reports his defence is not up to standard. I would expect Aubo to move into the centres but have no idea who TR would pick on the wing for Toups. Moga would be ideal but he hasn't been back for very long yet and it would be a risk rushing him back into the NRL so soon.

Comment

Hi mightyrooster,

Perhaps Trent Robinson would move Shaun Kenny Dowall on to the wing and play young Samisoni Langi in the centre position as he did last year? He does seem to be a bright prospect but I thought he looked defensively at sea last season. I can not see where else the replacement comes from unless the young recruit from the Auckland Warriors plays at centre or even Rhyse Martin so perhaps young Reuben will receive a chance by default. I hope he does well if so but I fear we will be in big trouble.

Comment

good sources have said toups and jenko are in

its either junior/jimmy or hodgkinson/reynolds for the halves daily has not made up his mind
                        Last edited by morleythemauler; 05-19-2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster_booster View Post
                          So as a lifelong NSW we are presented with the followig prospect:

NSW pick: Pearce, Maloney, Tupou, Jennings QLD pick: Guerra. Cordner out

Six of our top players out. Will we be given provisions for going outside our top 25, because that will be a reality.

The other option is Pearce and Maloney get dropped, Tupou isn't picked. Far better from a Chooks perspective but the amount of shit we will cop if NSW win a series sans Pearce will be borderline insufferable.

What I'm saying is that I'm going to be a closet QLD fan if (and I hope) our halves aren't picked.

This shouldn't be the case and highlights what is wrong with the Origin period.

Am I alone on this?
                          My thoughts are a bit different and will not matter as it is up to LD but there are a few considerations in the equation including current form and history with players.

Given that it has been 8 years since they could see it as a time to change. Given this years form there is a lot favoring this approach.

To that end Pearce would be gone and then Maloney as a consequence of Pearce non-selection and his current form.

While they would like to go with the two Reynolds they would stick with the Hodkinson and Reynolds combo.

I am not convinced that Jennings is a shoe in. Along with most of the team he had a shocker last week.

If they can they will put Will Hopoate in either a centre or wing position. They guy is skilled and reliable and has experience. If they put him on the wing then Jenko is a chance at centre.

Guerra gets a deserved call up and they would be mad not to have Jake as a reserve or 18th.

The Roosters season will likely be decided by their form during origin. If the exclusion of our current Origin players does not fire the team up for hard aggressive football then they simply dont have the fire in the bellies to pull off two in a row.

Comment

Didn't you watch the Cowboys game, we have no Origin worries, all our players will be available for the Roosters, even our ballboy is out of form.

Comment

Thing is Daley is quoted as saying many times that he doesn't like the idea of blooding 2 half debutants in Queensland.

Comment

Working...
                              X