I would have called you crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have called you crazy

If you had told me last season that I would miss having Guerra in the team more than Cordner I would have said you were crazy.

Guerra was a tackle-missing hog while Cordner was all balls.

Now I do miss Guerra more than Cordner.

Guerra has been a powerhouse for us this season. Probably the only player to have improved.

And Boyd? No comment.

Someone mentioned it the other day, but Guerra has been our most consistant forward over the past 3 seasons.

Comment

nowonder jake is on the qld bench he continues very strong form

Comment

Why ? Guerra has always been one of our best since he came here in 2010.
        When you trust your television
        what you get is what you got
        Cause when they own the information
        they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
          Why ? Guerra has always been one of our best since he came here in 2010.
          It's the comparison though to Cordner. Guerra is a gun though, no longer an unsung hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
            It's the comparison though to Cordner. Guerra is a gun though, no longer an unsung hero.
            My point was that Guerra has been doing it for some time now year in year out An ultimate professional
            When you trust your television
            what you get is what you got
            Cause when they own the information
            they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
              My point was that Guerra has been doing it for some time now year in year out An ultimate professional
              Guerra has been building for some time and has finally owned the right edge in 014.. great news for Easts!

Comment

Guerra 2014 is a million times better than the earlier version. Loving his play.

I am also looking forward to Boyd coming back. If he has stopped partying so hard that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  Guerra 2014 is a million times better than the earlier version. Loving his play.

I am also looking forward to Boyd coming back. If he has stopped partying so hard that is.
                  Is that what this so called rift is all about???

Cos some young blokes, coming off a GF win and a WC etc have been hitting the piss???

Isn't that what young successful blokes do, party like its 1999???

Freddy and Co used to do it and it never affected their ability.

I reckon the demonising of alcohol in RL these days has gone too far. Sure there are a few who can't handle it, as with all sections of society, but in general I reckon it's fine for young blokes to let off steam occasionally.

Play hard on and off the field. Most of our champions in this country have lived and succeeded by that motto.

Personally I didn't think Boyds form was that bad this year up until his injury. The Aussie selectors obviously didnt either to select him in the run on side.

I hear Guerra hits the piss as hard as any of the boys.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Cos some young blokes, coming off a GF win and a WC etc have been hitting the piss???

I reckon the demonising of alcohol in RL these days has gone too far. Sure there are a few who can't handle it, as with all sections of society, but in general I reckon it's fine for young blokes to let off steam occasionally.

Play hard on and off the field. Most of our champions in this country have lived and succeeded by that motto.

Personally I didn't think Boyds form was that bad this year up until his injury. The Aussie selectors obviously didnt either to select him in the run on side.

You're 100% wrong bro.

How many season campaigns have been derailed by booze, not just us, but across all clubs?

If these blokes want to be paid like professional sportsman than they have to bring the professionalism and that means being at your best all season, not just when they feel like it.

If Cordner can't match his fellow forwards effort because he's out on the tiles, then he can play for the jets.

Chook.

Comment

It's not a "so called rift". It's a fact.

But hopefully the last week has gone a long way to mending it.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Well said mate.

Its political correctness gone mad but that's our civil society circa 2014.

You are the voice of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                          You're 100% wrong bro.

How many season campaigns have been derailed by booze, not just us, but across all clubs?

If these blokes want to be paid like professional sportsman than they have to bring the professionalism and that means being at your best all season, not just when they feel like it.

If Cordner can't match his fellow forwards effort because he's out on the tiles, then he can play for the jets.

Chook.
                          I don't know of any mate???

I know a club like womanly, melba even the Boggs have pretty relaxed rules on a drink, as long as players put in at training and at games.

I haven't seen Boyd play badly this season???

I think fans and it's really common on the forums look to find reasons for poor form and too often the grog takes the blame.

I don't believe there are as many problems as people make out.

Sure drinking every night isn't on these days.

But the night after a game, injuries permitting, I don't see a problem with young blokes enjoying their youth.

It's not for everyone sure, and in the past has been a problem in our game and in society in general, but I still think the most successful clubs of recent times all liked a beer.

Even Waynekerr coached teams have always been allowed a beer and he's a well known teetotaller.

IMO it's a cliche more than a reason for poor form generally, especially in the media.

And it may be the case some of our boys have been getting a little loose of late. But it's just as likely not the reason. Could be many other factors that have contributed to our patchy form.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                            It's not a "so called rift". It's a fact.

But hopefully the last week has gone a long way to mending it.
                            A Newman style Mini is holding a gun to the clubs head "fact"???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Cordner is the leading try-scorer for a forward in the comp, the difference between he and Napa (who played on Cordner's edge last night) is massive, especially close to the line where Napa never looked like busting through or running the perfect lines Boyd does.

Both were missed greatly last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X