I would have called you crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
    Excessive drinking and partying did not seem to have much of an impact on the career of Andrew "Joey" Johns. In the modern era there is a very fine line between success and failure and that comes down to mostly preparation as most of the leagues players are on a similar level of talent.

I personally thought that Boyd Cordner was having a very fine year and scored a few very crucial tries for our team earlier in the season however I am willing to accept that perhaps my interpretations of the games are incorrect.
    You are spot on BAW with the bold part. Joey Johns didn't have the work rate that a forward requires. The game is also faster these days, as Wally Lewis points out every week in the commentary lol. Also I am sure the alcohol did ruin a number of players careers, you just don't read about those players. As someone mentioned last week, when is the last time you heard about an elite sports person like Roger Federer being kicked out of a club for being drunk. Whilst some players may be able to perform whilst drinking regularly, imagine how much better they would be if they didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
      You are spot on BAW with the bold part. Joey Johns didn't have the work rate that a forward requires. The game is also faster these days, as Wally Lewis points out every week in the commentary lol. Also I am sure the alcohol did ruin a number of players careers, you just don't read about those players. As someone mentioned last week, when is the last time you heard about an elite sports person like Roger Federer being kicked out of a club for being drunk. Whilst some players may be able to perform whilst drinking regularly, imagine how much better they would be if they didn't?
      I do alright...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
        This.

I was speaking to a new work colleague last week who when he found out I was a Roosters fan, told me he went to a function at the club for a man with MND. Turns out it was Glenn's night. What a small world!

I am so happy to have been there, I was so proud of the courage of Glenn, Robyn and their children, the incredible generosity of Harry Phipps. I will always remember that night.
        Me too mate.

My father had MND so it meant a lot to be there and it was great to see such a big turnout.

Besides, I had to get something back from Mr Gunn for tipping him Swiss Ace at 30/1 back in 2008.

I reckon he's still spending that money!
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Johnny Tobin;373672]We won the comp despite him being there - not because of it.

This ranks as one of the most unintelligent assertions I've seen on here from someone who expects to be taken seriously.

Unless you are just taking the Pearce...there is no way we would have even made the big dance last year without the balance Minis leadership and experience brought to the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            Guerra has gone to another level sine moving from the edges to the middle of the field.

His mobility & footwork around the ruck are deadly, I've said it before but he reminds me a lot of Anthony Watmough. Exposes a lot of slow & tired forwards in the middle.

Really improved his defence too, it used to be a weak point a few years back now it's a strong part of his game. Has the temperament & fitness to be making huge tackle counts without missing many.
            Six -I agree totally with the above assessment , I have witnessed a massive swing in his professional approach to his game this season, he has been focused on the task , he has made personal sacrifices.
            As elududed to in previous posts , he loves to party and enjoy life , but that is no crime , it is a good part of human nature.
            Yes I have seen him destroy even the most seasoned party animal, that thinks they can match his appreciation for the moment.
            In saying that this season till ANZAC day he had abstained and the results are showing, and the rewards are coming.
            To party and rejoice is human, it is restraint and knowing when enough is enough that seperates the men from the boys, they are under pressure and need release , but that is where those that are tempted to stray need the protection of the unit cause it is the group that are under the microscope here.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
              This.

I was speaking to a new work colleague last week who when he found out I was a Roosters fan, told me he went to a function at the club for a man with MND. Turns out it was Glenn's night. What a small world!

I am so happy to have been there, I was so proud of the courage of Glenn, Robyn and their children, the incredible generosity of Harry Phipps. I will always remember that night.
              cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                Me too mate.

My father had MND so it meant a lot to be there and it was great to see such a big turnout.

Besides, I had to get something back from Mr Gunn for tipping him Swiss Ace at 30/1 back in 2008.

I reckon he's still spending that money!
                60/1

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  Just so you know, I have decided that I won't respond to your barely legible threads laced with moronic nicknames for players and teams.

The main reason for that is your embarrassing fixation on "Newman" - who was 100% spot on with his views on the skipper.

In fact, if I can remember how to put someone on ignore you will be the first. Congratulations.
                  BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you're still the biggest sook going around Tobin, ya deadest wimp. Go have a cry with Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                  X