No announcement yet.

Uncle Nick Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he can now afford to buy off the refs....

Comment

Originally posted by Braith Anasta's Wallet View Post
      It is absurd that somebody can accumulate this much while there are people sleeping on the streets.
      Communist!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        Maybe he can now afford to buy off the refs....
        He would never do that...he is a reputable person.

Comment

oh Dear - whilst i will normally largely skip the political commentary - i go and watch football to escape some of the reality of day to day life -Sunday afternoon at the footy, beers, hang out with family and friends and come here to enjoy peoples views on our great club - but i am getting sick of listening to drips like Hadley, Ray Warren (the clubs campaign - last year) and co thinking they can slip in at every moment some half baked attempt at influencing peoples political views whilst i am trying to switch off and enjoy the footy.

Good luck to Nick Politis if he has been a successful business, i admire anyone who has made a success of their life through hard work, i have a lot of friends who are small business people.

But lets not get into some American delusion/"dream' that if only you study hard/ work hard you can been anything unfortunately wealth distribution is pyramid in shape. No matter how hard you work only one person can be the prime minster, only 400 individual can be tier one NRL players, a limited number will be corporate CEOs, etc, etc. Wealth distribution will never look like a spinning top in its form, with a few at the bottom that just didn't get with the program.

Having returned from New York earlier in the year the notion that homeless people largely choose to take on this life, stripping the waste stream for container deposits for breakfast the next morning, people with mental health issues roaming the streets because they cant afford the health care and medication to allow them to live normal and productive life, the 65 year old who has worked hard all his life waiting for the construction industry to pick up so he can move out of a homeless shelter and go back to work after being laid off, the 63 year old woman who lives with her two adult children in a one room apartment who was laid off and soon to be homeless, etc, etc.

and no i am not a communist or bleeding heart just a human who actually forms my opinion from interactions with people around me.

the last few decades has seen one of the biggest con jobs around the illusion of personal wealth through subjecting yourself to a life time of high percentage of personal debt vs personal earnings.

Comment

Well said Frozen Chook.

Comment

Its true Frozen Chook things are pyramid shaped, more diamond shaped with a flat bottom though is more real.
              Some people are lucky enough to have opportunities that others don't, at various levels.

But hard work and determination will get you off the bottom, the goal doesn't have to be large wealth or power, maybe simply being able to live. The biggest con that has been played on people is that its everybody else's fault and people don't have to take responsibility for their actions. Its an attitude rife in our society
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

Life is basically luck, and good health is priceless.

Many moons ago, at age 18, having failed every one of my final high school exams [the HSC of today]...I left school.
                Needless to say I didn't make it to university.
                Luckily, I had parents ... and their home to live in.

Luckily for me, in those days married women weren't allowed to work in banks, councils, and many other govt etc jobs.
                ...so males leaving school were needed in the workforce.
                I applied for a 'white collar' job. The entrance exam I had to sit was basically simple maths and simple english. I was good at those and passed the entrance exam. Yo! I got a job.

Then the 'fun' started. Like a lamb to the slaughter was I.
                Bullying, harassment, hard work...completely different from school.
                On my first day in the workforce the boss said to me; "Look after yourself first in this world, son...because nobody else will".
                Having no other choices if I wanted to earn money, I stayed in the job for 25 years and navigated the minefield.
                After 25 years "downsizing" and "restructuring" came long...look at us 'all' being shown the door.
                ...the world had changed forever.

Imagine if I'd been born in America!!!
                I doubt I would've found employment at all, and if I had it certainly would not have been anywhere near as good a job as the 'basic' one I had here.
                Luck's a fortune.

America is bad news for 'average Joe' seems to me.

Comment

Working...
                X