hope we start locking up some of our 2015 off contract stars soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
    We have all these blokes coming off contract, yet we're willing to waste precious cap space on a tattooed farkwit centre. Doesn't make sense.....
    I really wish people could move on from the tattoos, it's such a bigoted remark.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      I really wish people could move on from the tattoos, it's such a bigoted remark.
      Got a few myself mate, so they're not a problem for me. The fact that he's a complete farkwit is, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
        Whatever his market value is. Matt Scott & James Tamou signed for around 500k last year. I'd suggest that'd be close to his price.
        Thought he was already on that much with all the waratah and parra rumours bumping up his price. Its a couple years away, but it will be good to see how evans, napa and meehan are playing to see how much we offer jwh, with the cap going up every year, I expect to be paying over 800k to keep him.

Comment

He hasn't done enough this year so far to warrant asking for $800k, Moa has had more impact imho.

Comment

[QUOTE=Arties Pie;378752]He hasn't done enough this year so far to warrant asking for $800k, Moa has had more impact imho.[/QUO
            Agree regarding Moa.Friend is a must, our future captain for years to come. Moa IMO next.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
              with the amount of salary cap space the likes of the Sharks/Raiders are going to have going forward, we can't afford to wait to start signing up our key players off contract at the end of next year.

the likes of Friend/Guerra/Toups/JWH/Maloney are going to attract ridiculous money on the open market, it wouldn't surprise if we can only keep 3 of those 5 beyond there current deals.

we also have SKD/Napa/FPN/Casty also coming off contract in 2015.

very rare you see a club having half of their starting 17 coming off contract in the same year.

it is important to remember these players can start fielding official offers from other clubs after November 1 this year.
              You left off Isaac Liu, Fletch, from that list of players off contract in 2015. He is now very much part of our best 17. Also, the November 1 date is a complete myth - there is nothing in NRL rules, despite what journalists write, that prevent a club talking to and signing a player from another club at anytime - the NRL won't register the contract before June 30 of the year his current deal expires but that is all that the current rules provide for.

Comment

Isaac Liu is off contract this year IIRC, he definitely needs to be re-signed.

Friend, Tupou and JWH have to be re-signed. Also Maloney if Hasting's isn't up for FG yet, can he kick goals? I'd like to re-sign Guerra too but I feel he'll cost too much, and is the least important out of these five players. On the open market these players could command:

Friend: 550k
                Tupou: 450k
                JWH: 500k
                Guerra: 450k
                Maloney: 600k

I don't think we'll be able to keep them. Although the losses of Sonny and Mini will be pivotal in providing that we don't lose them. SKD would be a good re-signing if he stayed on the same amount of coin, Napa is playing great and needs to be re-signed. FPN and Casty are expandable.

Comment

I reckon that Friend would be our most important re-signing by a long way. He is the linchpin of our side & is/will be as good as Cam Smith. He should also become our long term Captain. I also think that Toup's is a must. Can he play centre? JWH has that aggression & puts fear into the opposition. Guerra will make SBW leaving a lot less painful. Maloney is still a major player for us & I can't see him being let go.. Issac Lui is the best young prop coming through. He needs to be kept as well.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                    Isaac Liu is off contract this year IIRC, he definitely needs to be re-signed.

Friend, Tupou and JWH have to be re-signed. Also Maloney if Hasting's isn't up for FG yet, can he kick goals? I'd like to re-sign Guerra too but I feel he'll cost too much, and is the least important out of these five players. On the open market these players could command:

Friend: 550k
                    Tupou: 450k
                    JWH: 500k
                    Guerra: 450k
                    Maloney: 600k

I don't think we'll be able to keep them. Although the losses of Sonny and Mini will be pivotal in providing that we don't lose them. SKD would be a good re-signing if he stayed on the same amount of coin, Napa is playing great and needs to be re-signed. FPN and Casty are expandable.
                    Fpn and Remi may be expandable esp with a chance of diet.

Comment

Looks like Friendy has just signed on for a further 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Newcroosters View Post
                        Looks like Friendy has just signed on for a further 3 years
                        yep til the end of 2018

Comment

good start by the club locking up Friend, with any luck Guerra/Toups/Napa/Liu are tied up before the kickoff of the 2015 season.

not sure why, but I just get the feeling JWH will either move to RU or price himself out of our reach.

Comment

I can't see Jared playing for any other NRL team.

When was the last time we lost a player we were desperate to keep?

Comment

I'm not entirely sure JWH wants to remain in the NRL, without question he loves the Roosters but it wouldn't surprise if he chased his Allblacks dream.

the 4 highest priorities JWH aside would be Friend/Guerra/Napa/Toups, I think the plan is for Hastings to take over from Maloney long term anyway so I'm not sure if we will even make an offer to Maloney.
                              Not make an offer to Maloney?
                              Lunacy.

Comment

good start by the club locking up Friend, with any luck Guerra/Toups/Napa/Liu are tied up before the kickoff of the 2015 season.

not sure why, but I just get the feeling JWH will either move to RU or price himself out of our reach.
                                He won't get big money in Rugby.

Comment

Working...
                                X