hope we start locking up some of our 2015 off contract stars soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hope we start locking up some of our 2015 off contract stars soon

with the amount of salary cap space the likes of the Sharks/Raiders are going to have going forward, we can't afford to wait to start signing up our key players off contract at the end of next year.

the likes of Friend/Guerra/Toups/JWH/Maloney are going to attract ridiculous money on the open market, it wouldn't surprise if we can only keep 3 of those 5 beyond there current deals.

we also have SKD/Napa/FPN/Casty also coming off contract in 2015.

very rare you see a club having half of their starting 17 coming off contract in the same year.

it is important to remember these players can start fielding official offers from other clubs after November 1 this year.
    Last edited by fletch; 06-29-2014, 09:10 PM.

Friendy is the must on that list. Closely followed by two of our forward leaders in JWH & Guerra.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      Friendy is the must on that list. Closely followed by two of our forward leaders in JWH & Guerra.
      I'm not entirely sure JWH wants to remain in the NRL, without question he loves the Roosters but it wouldn't surprise if he chased his Allblacks dream.

the 4 highest priorities JWH aside would be Friend/Guerra/Napa/Toups, I think the plan is for Hastings to take over from Maloney long term anyway so I'm not sure if we will even make an offer to Maloney.

Comment

Jwh, fpn, skd and jimmy could probably go by that stage with not much impact.

Id be happy to keep jwh, bit he will be asking for 600k minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
          Jwh, fpn, skd and jimmy could probably go by that stage with not much impact.

Id be happy to keep jwh, bit he will be asking for 600k minimum.
          JWH is our forward leader. The boys look to him to lay the platform & fire the up.

He's a huge part of club both on & off the field, I actually can't think of a player currently at the club outside of SBW whose depature would have a larger impact.

Comment

JWH is our forward leader. The boys look to him to lay the platform & fire the up.

He's a huge part of club both on & off the field, I actually can't think of a player currently at the club outside of SBW whose depature would have a larger impact.
            Like you said a few posts earlier, Friend would leave the biggest hole in the squad.

He's been our hooker since mid 2008, he's played 120 games and is only 24. If he left now our team would fall apart, and we would have to re build our structure from the top.

Comment

Toups, Guerra, Friend are the main priorities.

Jimmy is a lynchpin but if Jackson Hastings gets his head out of his arse and doesn't become Pearce MkII living off his name then Jimmy is expendable.
              SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

As good as Toups is, he's only a winger. Nene Macdonald would prove an adequate replacement.

At this stage I regard Jimmy as far more important. He's a vital cog in our attack and as of right now is our ONLY goal kicking option.

He'll only be 29 at the start of the 2016 season so will have another 2 good seasons left in him. The problem is that he'll understandably want a 3-year deal which I don't think we'll be prepared to offer.

So it'll be interesting to see how the negotiations develop.

Comment

Considering fifita asked over 800k, how much are you willing to pay for jwh?

Comment

Originally posted by kegs2 View Post
                    Like you said a few posts earlier, Friend would leave the biggest hole in the squad.

He's been our hooker since mid 2008, he's played 120 games and is only 24. If he left now our team would fall apart, and we would have to re build our structure from the top.
                    Spot on Kegs.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs2 View Post

+1

Where's the Holly button?
                      SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

We have all these blokes coming off contract, yet we're willing to waste precious cap space on a tattooed farkwit centre. Doesn't make sense.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
                          We have all these blokes coming off contract, yet we're willing to waste precious cap space on a tattooed farkwit centre. Doesn't make sense.....
                          Ferguson is Australian

Comment

Originally posted by Matty_C View Post
                            Ferguson is Australian
                            Righto. I never realised that.

Your point being?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                              Considering fifita asked over 800k, how much are you willing to pay for jwh?
                              Whatever his market value is. Matt Scott & James Tamou signed for around 500k last year. I'd suggest that'd be close to his price.

Comment

Working...
                              X