team vs the panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• team vs the panthers

well we know Jennings/Tupou are scratchings due to their strained lats, but there must also be some doubts about Min,i 2 weeks for a minor hamstring strain for a 34 y/o is going to be touch and go.

will be interesting to see if Robbo opts for L'Estrange on the bench again because we dropped off significantly while Friend was off against the Sharks and couldn't regain any control/momentum.

the side named will likely be something like this but it will be interesting to see who fills positions 16/17 come match day.

Mini
    RTS
    SKD
    Maubs
    MacDonald
    Maloney
    Pearce
    Moa
    Friend
    JWH
    SBW
    Guerra
    Cordner

FPN
    Liu
    Napa

and then 1 out of

Evans
    Casty
    L'Estrange

will be interesting to see if our little truth session at Avoca has any effect on team.
    Last edited by fletch; 07-15-2014, 03:11 PM.

With their performance against the sharks Evans has definitely played himself into staying in the 17, and casty has played himself out of the 17. I would much rather Meehan in the side than casty. You forgot Napa who is certainly in the there!
    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
      With their performance against the sharks Evans has definitely played himself into staying in the 17, and casty has played himself out of the 17. I would much rather Meehan in the side than casty. You forgot Napa who is certainly in the there!
      fixed the Napa omission, I agree with you regarding Casty, the last couple of games he hasn't really shown much and would definitely have Evans and Meehan ahead of him,

the fact Maubs is having to start in the centres and can't fill the backup hooker role if required, like he has been doing recently, might end up swaying Robbo to carry L'Estrange on the bench as cover for Friend.

Comment

Friend will play 80 minutes this week.

I'm almost certain of this.

Comment

Imo we'd be better off with Cordner in the second row and Guerra at lock. As good as Guerra played in Origin in the backrow, we have seen on many occassions how lethal the combination of Pearce and Cordner has been for us - this was seen against Manly, where Cordner run a lovely line and scored with his first touch of tha ball in 6 weeks, off a Pearce pass. This play won us the game against Brisbane back in round 3 and has worked on numerous occassions since Robbo took over last season.

Also, Cordner seems to be a tad quicker than Guerra which will be beneficial in covering our left side defence whilst Jenko and Tupou are out.

Comment

Originally posted by rwbfl View Post
            Imo we'd be better off with Cordner in the second row and Guerra at lock. As good as Guerra played in Origin in the backrow, we have seen on many occassions how lethal the combination of Pearce and Cordner has been for us - this was seen against Manly, where Cordner run a lovely line and scored with his first touch of tha ball in 6 weeks, off a Pearce pass. This play won us the game against Brisbane back in round 3 and has worked on numerous occassions since Robbo took over last season.

Also, Cordner seems to be a tad quicker than Guerra which will be beneficial in covering our left side defence whilst Jenko and Tupou are out.
            Plus Guerra hits both edges when he is at lock and that's when he's most dangerous. His best game for us was vs Dragons in that same set up.

Comment

Whoever is out there will be facing a stern test against a good side on Saturday Ive watched a bit of Penrith over the last month and like tyhe style of footy they play
              We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
              Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Panthers play a lot of off the cuff footy, there's not a whole lot of structure to their play they just love to keep the ball alive and swing it from sideline to sideline.

Will be an interesting game, it's easy to prepare for sides who play with a lot of structure & have patterns to their attacking sets but when the opposition don't even know what they're going to be doing it's near impossible to prepare for. Crucial out tackles stick this week and we wrap up the ball. Sharks killed us last week with their 2nd phase and the Panthers will do the same if we let them.

Wouldn't surprise me if Robbo went for a more mobile, defensive based side. For that reason I think Casty will play & I reckon there's an outisde chance Taukeiaho might make his debut.

I agree with the starting side (although Guerra @ lock) but I reckon the bench will be;

14. Napa
                15. Liu
                16. Casty
                17. L'estrange or Taukeiaho

Comment

Klein the Klown referee, **** me a penalty fest which will hurt us.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                    fixed the Napa omission, I agree with you regarding Casty, the last couple of games he hasn't really shown much and would definitely have Evans and Meehan ahead of him,

the fact Maubs is having to start in the centres and can't fill the backup hooker role if required, like he has been doing recently, might end up swaying Robbo to carry L'Estrange on the bench as cover for Friend.
                    I know what you mean when it comes to Stranger and needing Maubs at centre, but the way how Evans went and the way how the team dropped off so poorly with Friend off the field last game, may sway Robbo into going with Evans instead of Stranger for that last spot. If we do get an injury to a player in the backline, SBW or Guerra can always cover. And Friend can be covered with Maubs to hooker and either SBW or Guerra to centre.
                    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Comment

Casty has been average at best this year. Happy to see how he goes for the next few weeks but I don't think he's up to NRL standard unfortunately. Prefer we keep blooding HeeMan - he's a monster with a big motor!
                      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        Panthers play a lot of off the cuff footy, there's not a whole lot of structure to their play they just love to keep the ball alive and swing it from sideline to sideline.

Will be an interesting game, it's easy to prepare for sides who play with a lot of structure & have patterns to their attacking sets but when the opposition don't even know what they're going to be doing it's near impossible to prepare for. Crucial out tackles stick this week and we wrap up the ball. Sharks killed us last week with their 2nd phase and the Panthers will do the same if we let them.

Wouldn't surprise me if Robbo went for a more mobile, defensive based side. For that reason I think Casty will play & I reckon there's an outisde chance Taukeiaho might make his debut.

I agree with the starting side (although Guerra @ lock) but I reckon the bench will be;

14. Napa
                        15. Liu
                        16. Casty
                        17. L'estrange or Taukeiaho
                        Ideally casty never plays 1st grade for us again this year and if he doesn't improve out of sight we would be best to let him go at the end of this season. He was shocking against this years spooners and a NSW cup standard sharks team! We would be far better off having guys like Meehan, Rhyse Martin, Houma, Taukeiaho on the bench ahead of casty!

Comment

After his performance against the Sharks, Heath L'Estrange should never ever play FG for the Roosters again he was slow, bad and generally crap. He looks and plays like he is 50 years old.

Comment

L'Estrange offers nothing and is a waste of a bench spot.....and oxygen.

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                              L'Estrange offers nothing and is a waste of a bench spot.....and oxygen.
                              I am surprised and disappointed that we went for Stranger instead of Koroisau! The pamfers are going to be hugely dangerous out of dummy half with both Segeyaro and Koroisau next year!!

Comment

Working...
                              X