Elliot playing NYC looks like RTS confirmed for first grade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kegs2 View Post
    My report on Latrell Mitchell (for Burnt Rooster)

The kid looks promising, one game isn't enough to determine whether he'll be the next Inglis (although he does look to have a bit of Aboriginal in him).

He communicated VERY well in defence, encouraging his tackles where to move coming back from the ruck. He is a natural fullback, looked comfortable under the high ball and returning kicks, looked quite quick too.

I couldn't really find many faults in his game today, many because he didn't get involved much in attack. Overall a solid performance.
    also important to remember he only just turned 17 and qualified to play NYC, will be a scary prospect in a couple of years when he finishes growing.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
      you would hope so, but in this salary cap era its very difficult to hold a squad together for an extended period, I wonder how long Evans will be happy playing NSW cup for, for whatever reason Robbo prefers Casty at the moment even though Evans leads our forwards in metres per hit up this season.
      i think Evans just showed why he doesnt play regular FG. Dropped off a straightforward tackle up the middle. Try Penrith.
      Great with the ball but he has got to work on his defence
      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
        i think Evans just showed why he doesnt play regular FG. Dropped off a straightforward tackle up the middle. Try Penrith.
        I think Trent has hit a winner with the swap of Dureau/Stapleton for Mortimer/Moga.

Stapleton has had a great game thus far. Looks very quick. Much cheaper than Moga and can actually defend.

Dureau kicks better than both of our current first grade halves. He is the perfect fill-in player if our halves go down.

So we replaced players on decent coin with arguably better players who will play for less. Great management of the salary cap.

Comment

Hastings was outstanding.I thought Milne was very strong, obviously not as good at this stage but reminded me of Konrad Hurrell in the way he plays

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
            maybe a little harsh on Evans, yes he had a bad miss that led to a try, but he has easily been Newtown's best today, powerful runs and quite often he has been the first one there in kick chase and bomb contesting.

he is definitely not the finished product yet, but sometimes we really struggle with go forward when Moa/JWH are off the field and could really benefit from having Evans rather than Casty.

Comment

good comeback win by the jets, were down 30-6 after 60 minutes and took out the match 31-30

Evans named man of the match was outstanding in the last 30 minutes.

Comment

Thanks Kegs2, sounds like we are on a winner with him as he ages, and gets more experience.

Comment

Working...
                X