Referral of decisions to the Video ref

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
    Well last week between Tigers and manly, the tigers score in the first minute, Hayne rules a no try without going to the video and he was wrong. The commentators are saying that the video ref will interfere to let the ground officials know, BUT they don't and from there on Manly go on and score. My questions is why do they adjudicate sometimes. They are so inconsistent. They either speak or shut it!
    Yeah I agree that was poor. Either scored or got bloody close (IMO scored). The ref also had a LOT of time to bring it to the video ref because there was a pause in between. IMO an appeal from Farah should be enough for the video ref to say 'hey it's close and the captain's pretty certain about this one... check it'. IMO this was a situation where the ref should have said 'video ref... I have no try there' and it likely could have been over-ruled as a try.

I have some bias as a fan but last night some pretty bloody obvious tries went to the video ref (I think only one of our tries didn't?) In my view our tries get sent upstairs more often than not and we get at least our fair share of 'no try' calls.

Against the Sharks the refs probably got it right... but the game was decided based on two tries. One, a Sharks try where the ball couldn't be seen and the ref said 'take it upstairs, I have a try'. Another a Roosters try in the last seconds where he said 'take it upstairs, I have no try'. IMO he probably got it right, but I have my suspicions that Maubs scored and was flipped over afterwards. Had the ref said 'I have a try' like he so confidently did on the other end of the field a few minutes earlier, it would have been a match winning try...

IMO the video refs tend to take more of our tries upstairs and give us more 'no try' calls. It doesn't decide games, but it subtly makes things tougher. Premiers syndrome? Last night the first Panthers try was a farce... ref gave it to them off the back of 5/6 straight nothing penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster1972 View Post
      well he suddenly got his confidence to give penrith their tries without video referral.......must have been better placed for their tries i guess
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
        I'm still shaking mu head at how they ruled Pearce knocked on..

Nice to see us not getting frustrated..

Massive improvement on the last 50 minutes in our last game..

Go Easts..
        But then ruled Cartwright knocked it back when raking in that kick near his tryline in the 2nd half. Pearce's was definitely a try

Comment

Originally posted by PKR View Post
          I think they are looking for reasons to not award the tries.
          I know, you have heard it all before but that's what it seems like.
          It sure is.
          It's exactly what it seems like.
          More than one person has suggested it in my presence.

To avoid any possible suspicion of bias or worse the system must be changed.

The video refs, a 'super-inspector' must be appointed to every match, ...must be given the power to overrule any decision by any referee at any time...to ensure the Game's integrity...because since the NRL decided not to release the names of the "16 officials" involved in the recent "betting scandal" it seems to be that the NRL has lost integrity and so have the "officials", .....in the eyes of fans etc.

The cameras see things that the refs miss...how can any ref see everything that happens on the field?
          Even the best refs can't get everything correct without help.

Yes, "independent video ref super-inspectors" including women must be appointed to every match.

Comment

OK - here is the Casty try. Why the hell would he go to the video ref? What better view could he possibly have?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...it66/casty.gif

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              Yeah I agree that was poor. Either scored or got bloody close (IMO scored). The ref also had a LOT of time to bring it to the video ref because there was a pause in between. IMO an appeal from Farah should be enough for the video ref to say 'hey it's close and the captain's pretty certain about this one... check it'. IMO this was a situation where the ref should have said 'video ref... I have no try there' and it likely could have been over-ruled as a try.

I have some bias as a fan but last night some pretty bloody obvious tries went to the video ref (I think only one of our tries didn't?) In my view our tries get sent upstairs more often than not and we get at least our fair share of 'no try' calls.

Against the Sharks the refs probably got it right... but the game was decided based on two tries. One, a Sharks try where the ball couldn't be seen and the ref said 'take it upstairs, I have a try'. Another a Roosters try in the last seconds where he said 'take it upstairs, I have no try'. IMO he probably got it right, but I have my suspicions that Maubs scored and was flipped over afterwards. Had the ref said 'I have a try' like he so confidently did on the other end of the field a few minutes earlier, it would have been a match winning try...

IMO the video refs tend to take more of our tries upstairs and give us more 'no try' calls. It doesn't decide games, but it subtly makes things tougher. Premiers syndrome? Last night the first Panthers try was a farce... ref gave it to them off the back of 5/6 straight nothing penalties.
              Good post I22! The no try ruling on Pearce was an absolute disgrace, as was that pamfers try on the back of 5 or 6 straight penalties!! That was certainly a refs try if ever I have seen one, desperately trying to get the pamfers back into the contest.
              The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                OK - here is the Casty try. Why the hell would he go to the video ref? What better view could he possibly have?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...it66/casty.gif
                It is the refs desperate vein hope that there can be some possible excuse as to not award the try! They use this tactic on us in every game the ******* ar$eholes!!
                The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Comment

Pearces disallowed try did me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
                    Good post I22! The no try ruling on Pearce was an absolute disgrace, as was that pamfers try on the back of 5 or 6 straight penalties!! That was certainly a refs try if ever I have seen one, desperately trying to get the pamfers back into the contest.

Agreed on both counts oracle I strongl;y suspect the referees may be betting on things such as the team to 1st try scorer in either half How else can one expalin the baffling no referral of the tigers disallowed try last week and 4 straight penalties to Manly after irt Then yesterday the onslaught of penalties against us from the start of the 2nd half yesterday then pretty much stopping after Penrith got the 1st try of the 2nd half
                    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Talking about referrals, I would have liked to see the Jamie Sowards 40/20 again, I thought we was outside the 40 when he kicked, though by that stage I'd had a few beers!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                        Agreed on both counts oracle I strongl;y suspect the referees may be betting on things such as the team to 1st try scorer in either half How else can one expalin the baffling no referral of the tigers disallowed try last week and 4 straight penalties to Manly after irt Then yesterday the onslaught of penalties against us from the start of the 2nd half yesterday then pretty much stopping after Penrith got the 1st try of the 2nd half
                        You could be onto something there Mr Walker, who knows? Something certainly is not right, it stinks and the refs actions are beyond baffling, making no sense at all too often!

What Robbo said a week or so ago about us being the most heavily scrutinized team in the comp by the refs is spot on!!

It is no wonder we are constantly getting the living $hit penalized out of us every ****ing game, and we receive sweet **** all penalties, all because the refs are too busy overly scrutinizing us and not paying enough attention to all the rules that are being broken by our opposition!! It is a miracle when we do win an extremely rare penalty count!!

And why is this allowed to happen??? Shouldn't all teams be treated equally and not us singled out for this kind of treatment??? We are being discriminated by the refs, which is unacceptable and a total disgrace that it has been happening for so ****ing long and allowed to relentlessly continue!!

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
                          Your easily pleased.

Comment

If they give pearces try then were over souffs in the comp, cant do that?

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
                              Not to mention us getting twice as many penalties against us for lying in the ruck, when penrith took three times as long to get off the tackled player.
                              Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

Working...
                              X