No announcement yet.

Bellyache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well maybe Robinson ought to take a leaf out of his book?

The Newcastle press conference was as close as he's come to boiling over about the refs, and you'd hardly call that an outburst.

I find his lack of dummy-spitting just as frustrating as the lopsided penalty counts to be honest.

Escalate it. Chuck a Toovey. Pay a couple of 10k fines. Just raise it as an issue already FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by bansai pipeline View Post
      well maybe robinson ought to take a leaf out of his book?

The newcastle press conference was as close as he's come to boiling over about the refs, and you'd hardly call that an outburst.

I find his lack of dummy-spitting just as frustrating as the lopsided penalty counts to be honest.

Escalate it. Chuck a toovey. Pay a couple of 10k fines. Just raise it as an issue already ffs.
      i agree and i will tip in for the $10k
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I too get frustrated that Robbo has been so calm in the pressers (when a blow up is warranted). With 16,000+ members I'd happily pay an annual $2 surcharge on my membership that would cover say 3 coach 'blow ups' per season at the refs. It would be money well spent I reckon.

Comment

if and when we make 5this years grand final, all the players have my complete permission to take a dive at any opportunity, as its well known we don't dive the grand final is worth losing that tag till next season!

Comment

Originally posted by BallyChook View Post
            I too get frustrated that Robbo has been so calm in the pressers (when a blow up is warranted). With 16,000+ members I'd happily pay an annual $2 surcharge on my membership that would cover say 3 coach 'blow ups' per season at the refs. It would be money well spent I reckon.

Wow! how quickly people have changed their tune. Not referring to you directly but I recall earlier this year saying that Robbo should be as vocal about the refereeing going against us and I think a great majority being against it saying that we don't want to look like whingers as Manlys 2V is. My point was that not only you accuse the refs for that particular game but you also put pressure on the other refs on future games thus making them think twice and more often giving you the 50/50 calls. Alex Ferguson for man Utd did it for 20 years and his team got away with murder at times cause the referees didn't want to cop his wrath.

Comment

You probably need a bit of gravitas behind you before you can blow up deluxe.

Wayne Bennet and Bellamy and, to a lesser extent, Toovey, seem to be able to draw an audience.

Then there's the likes of Ricky Stewart who whinges so often it becomes easy to ignore him.

Trent's somewhere in the middle. Still too new, and definitely too likeable to ruffle feathers.

Comment

Imagine if Craig was our coach and he saw our penalty stats over the past decade or so.....he'd be in an endless conniption.

The facts are the Storm have received the 5th most amount of penalties/game this season......I'd kill just for us to get to 10th, it's pretty scary looking at our 5.05 penalties/game received and then looking at Souths' 8.35 penalties/game received......some would even say there should be an investigation to justify such an absurd gap. (Souths have received 66 more penalties than us over the 20 rounds played so far this season)

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                  Imagine if Craig was our coach and he saw our penalty stats over the past decade or so.....he'd be in an endless conniption.
                  An aside to that is if Belamy was our coach we would have a very different playing roster. Its my understanding that many players in the NRL never want to play under Belamy with the tactics he employs
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                    An aside to that is if Belamy was our coach we would have a very different playing roster. Its my understanding that many players in the NRL never want to play under Belamy with the tactics he employs
                    hulk Hogan and Andre the giant have signed up under belly next year
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                      hulk Hogan and Andre the giant have signed up under belly next year
                      Wrestlemania III - this time Andre wins.
                      SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Was that the one in the cage? One of the highlights of my youth, that.
                        Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

No cage. It was the famous match where Hogan body slammed Andre for the win.

Comment

Please mods can you move this thread off The Roosters' pages. Who give a rats arse what that whinger Bellamy has to say.
                            Turk has started better threads than this BS!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              No cage. It was the famous match where Hogan body slammed Andre for the win.
                              That broke Andre's fifteen year winning streak.
                              SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Working...
                              X