No announcement yet.

thursday night footy spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Souths played well but there are a couple of noticeable things that need to be countered.
    1. I look forward to Souths playing Melbourne and seeing them chicken wing the Melb players. It will be a karma moment for the team that brought that horrible wrestle into the game.
    2. The Souths game plan is easy to see. The counter to it is actually looking for the big men and running at them in the first half at least to exhaust them; kick very early and make them run back and of course tackle hard. (it worked for Ali against Frazier in Manilla)
    3. Big hard runners are essential and I would definitely start both JWH and SM and consider hard runners like Evans and maybe Meehan or even Verlinden at the expense of Lui (who I do like as a player), Casty and a Jake breather man.
    4. They go to sleep during games and a quick reaction to this will get points.

Hard to beat but not impossible and for mine chicken wings should be send-off offences.

Comment

im loving the peaking ofd souffs , however wre in for a massive GAME ROUND 26! do we back off and save ourselves for the finals or do we smash them and destroy their season?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
        im loving the peaking ofd souffs , however wre in for a massive GAME ROUND 26! do we back off and save ourselves for the finals or do we smash them and destroy their season?
        You never back off against your arch enemy! What a ridiculous thing to suggest!!!

Comment

Stephen ya plonker, we have saved ourselves all friggin season, or haven't you been watching, on lastnights performance we are 20 to 30 points off the mark, but we all know Souths like to win the comp in aug/sept, and rest on their laurels in Oct when it counts. Round 23, and we haven't looked by beating a top 4 side yet, and been beaten by woodducks along the way, no cause for great expectations of a massive form turn around, our defence is just not up to scratch this season.

Comment

good to see the NRL keeping a close eye on those vermin wrestling tactics, 3 players charged from last night, T'eo facing 4 weeks for chicken wing and McQueen and Auva'a charged with crusher tackles and will be free to play with early pleas.

means they will have a significant number of players with carry over points and loading heading into the finals.

Comment

If we beat tigers, warriors and storm then come Rnd26 .. it'l be on ... 2013 Rnd26 "it was good, but thats not what we are after, that was just a practice run for how we wanna play in the finals"

Comment

I can't bear to watch the Vermin games, espec when broadcast on 9 - the contant penalties they receive and the gushing and fawning of Rabs, Gus & Co gets my blood pressure boiling and I turn channels in disgust.

I managed 5 minutes last night, long enough to see the officials gift the Vermin enough penalties to score 2 tries and Gus and Rabs claim Inglis as the best player ever in the game since its inception (yet again) with SBurg close behind. For the sake of my mental health it was time to find alternative viewing.

NC
                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Hard to tire out their forwards when they have all the ball and field position from receiving all the penalties and conceding none.

Check this tweet from our own Wally as few days ago:

@wallyscr: the roosters have conceded just 12 more penalties than souths this season, yet have a -43 penalty differential compared to souths +30

Comment

I think it's safe to say that an extra 61 penalties goes a long way. Imagine if we had an extra 61 attacking sets of 6?

We've had a lot of close losses this year and so it's not unreasonable to suggest that we'd be 14-6 instead of 12-8 right now if the refs were as giving to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                      Hard to tire out their forwards when they have all the ball and field position from receiving all the penalties and conceding none.

Check this tweet from our own Wally as few days ago:

@wallyscr: the roosters have conceded just 12 more penalties than souths this season, yet have a -43 penalty differential compared to souths +30
                      In my opinion its never been about the penalties we have given away, its about the ones we don't get
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                        good to see the NRL keeping a close eye on those vermin wrestling tactics, 3 players charged from last night, T'eo facing 4 weeks for chicken wing and McQueen and Auva'a charged with crusher tackles and will be free to play with early pleas.

means they will have a significant number of players with carry over points and loading heading into the finals.
                        Close eye? You can see it from a mile away. Maybe the lack of penalties they get against might make them complacent and push the envelope a little too high.
                        I'm still dubious about that 2nd Ingliss try not going to the video ref since it came from a chip and he may have been a foot in front of the kicker. No one has said anything about it happy to give souths their accolades. Also Burgarse threw a few short forward passes not penalised...It's all for the good of souths.
                        Mind you...I did like Burgarses angle running in attack and why can't our forwards do that effectively? Also Reynolds(not the grub one) chip and sidesteps... That Reynolds deserves to be in SOO.

Comment

slightly related. Sitting in sky zone alexandria. Every second kid has his souffs Jersey on. imagine the disappointment again in September. ... like finding out santa.....
                          Next to me sits a toothless gent. I wonder. .... Then his son comes over in that Jersey. lol
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Then my son's friend tells me that if you spot a rats tail then it's a given its a vermin supporter.

Comment

I really do think sometimes these commentators are taking the piss to a degree. Just buttering up souffs fans prior to the inevitable choke mid semi final.

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
                                I really do think sometimes these commentators are taking the piss to a degree. Just buttering up souffs fans prior to the inevitable choke mid semi final.
                                it's like big game hunting. How many you can rope in wins

Comment

Working...
                                X