Jennings defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennings defence

Surprised no one has mentioned this - Jennings great defence in the first half. He took on a flying Lawrence twice on our own line and pulled down their second rower close as well.

Great defensive display to go with his try, showing both speed and agility.

One of our best buys in recent years, very underestimated.

Underestimated???
    The bloke is a world class centre and arguably in the top 20 players in the comp. he's a walk up start to every team. I guarantee the week before any team plays us there's a good portion of time spent on how to contain Jennings

Comment

Jennings goes ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
        Underestimated???
        The bloke is a world class centre and arguably in the top 20 players in the comp. he's a walk up start to every team. I guarantee the week before any team plays us there's a good portion of time spent on how to contain Jennings

I meant his defence is underestimated

Comment

Fair enough, I think his defence has been fantastic since he arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooboy View Post
            Fair enough, I think his defence has been fantastic since he arrived.
            Jennings has made a massive difference in defence. Without him we lose last year's grand final.

Comment

While Jennings oozes class in attack, he wears the King Gees for defense.
              Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 08-17-2014, 07:54 PM.
              Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

He wasn't signed for his attacking flair...he was signed because he's defensively strong.
                SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
                  He wasn't signed for his attacking flair...he was signed because he's defensively strong.
                  really??? I would have that it would have been the other way around. His defence has improved out of sight since joining the chooks

Comment

Nothing more to add just agree coupled with his brilliant attack - great centre

Comment

Jennings came to us known as a weak defender the big difference is hes happy and wants to be playing well at the roosters!

Comment

He's always had good defense sincing joining us. Just goes unnoticed.

Comment

When fully fit he's a world class player.

Comment

His defence has improved many, many lengths since his Penrith days.

Reminds me of Steve Renouf, who was a tall glass of water in defence when he came into first grade, but ended up being the best defensive centre in the game.

Comment

Jennings easily has the most deceptive turn of pace in the NRL. In a straight 100m foot race there may be faster but over 20m weaving through traffic he's electric.

Comment

Working...
                              X