No announcement yet.

Did Piggins stop Anasta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you lot need to get off those Hanoi Winfields, they are doing ya heads in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
      He definitely persuaded him to go to the Cheats.

I remember playing them in 2001 and Piggins was being greased by them in a corporate box.

Grub.
      Not only did Saint George of Redfern persuade Bwaif to go to Belmore rather than Bondi... Some of the younger members of the Chook Pen might not have heard what else Piggins was trying to cook up back in 2000-01...

Despite the fact we at Easts were fellow ARL loyalists, and Canterbury were virtually the Judas Iscariots of Rugby League by taking Rupert Murdoch's 30 pieces of silver...

Our good friends at Souffs were (allegedly) trying to stitch up a deal where, should the Vermin have been permanently excluded from the comp, the entire souffs junior league would have been taken over by the Canterbury-Bankstown District Junior Rugby League...

A clear move of spite!

Despite Easts fans even marching in the street alongside other ARL clubs in support of souffs, and Dogs fans championing Murdoch's destructive breakaway rebel comp, souffs people at high levels were NEVER going to allow their juniors (even those in areas we handed over to them to even up the comp from the 1930s to the 1960s) to sign on with Easts.

I know for a fact that Easts were willing, over 2000-01, to ensure any juniors from the souffs "district" (including large chunks of the eastern suburbs) could have a pathway to the NRL through the Roosters, without losing their affiliation to souffs.... But this offer from Uncle Nick was dismissed!

Canterbury were, of course, licking their cheating lips at the prospect of controlling all of Rugby League from South Coogee out to Liverpool...

Notwithstanding the fact that Piggins in some ways should be applauded for at least standing up to the shysters who stole his club from under him, I will never forget how much hatred he had for Easts. Even to the point of trying to get into a physical altercation with Uncle Nick at Kerry Packer's Bellevue Hill Mansion!

Comment

Originally posted by The Edge View Post
        Not only did Saint George of Redfern persuade Bwaif to go to Belmore rather than Bondi... Some of the younger members of the Chook Pen might not have heard what else Piggins was trying to cook up back in 2000-01...

Despite the fact we at Easts were fellow ARL loyalists, and Canterbury were virtually the Judas Iscariots of Rugby League by taking Rupert Murdoch's 30 pieces of silver...

Our good friends at Souffs were (allegedly) trying to stitch up a deal where, should the Vermin have been permanently excluded from the comp, the entire souffs junior league would have been taken over by the Canterbury-Bankstown District Junior Rugby League...

A clear move of spite!

Despite Easts fans even marching in the street alongside other ARL clubs in support of souffs, and Dogs fans championing Murdoch's destructive breakaway rebel comp, souffs people at high levels were NEVER going to allow their juniors (even those in areas we handed over to them to even up the comp from the 1930s to the 1960s) to sign on with Easts.

I know for a fact that Easts were willing, over 2000-01, to ensure any juniors from the souffs "district" (including large chunks of the eastern suburbs) could have a pathway to the NRL through the Roosters, without losing their affiliation to souffs.... But this offer from Uncle Nick was dismissed!

Canterbury were, of course, licking their cheating lips at the prospect of controlling all of Rugby League from South Coogee out to Liverpool...

Notwithstanding the fact that Piggins in some ways should be applauded for at least standing up to the shysters who stole his club from under him, I will never forget how much hatred he had for Easts. Even to the point of trying to get into a physical altercation with Uncle Nick at Kerry Packer's Bellevue Hill Mansion!
        piggins has always had a chip on his shoulder. i saw him play and he was tough but dirty the same as sattler.sir george had to play second fiddle to elwyn walters.it would not surprise me if it tried to get into a physical altercation with politis - pig gins never has had any class. just a typical vermin victim mentality coupled with a sense of entitlement.

Comment

He had a sweet sports store at Maroubra Mall when I was a kid. Good memories.
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Good information, but so yesterday's news -should be on Historical Chanel

Comment

Working...
            X