No announcement yet.

Roosters' Koup moves up the hookers' pecking order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flannery was a different sort of player, I see him as being more similar to Morbs. A lock-forward with defensive ability as well as hole-hitting potential, who can break the line, and has enough pace and mobility to play in the centres.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
      Flannery was a different sort of player, I see him as being more similar to Morbs. A lock-forward with defensive ability as well as hole-hitting potential, who can break the line, and has enough pace and mobility to play in the centres.

Kouparitsas has nothing like the pace or mobility to play in the centres

Comment

Never said he did.

I said Kouparitsas was not like Flannery, a 'different sort of player'.

I said Flannery was like Morbs.

I said that Morbs had the pace and mobility to play in the centres, as Flannery did.

Comment

Brian Smith sees a lot of similarities between Matt Hilder and Nick Kouparitsis I'd imagine. They both have a decent skill set from playing in the halves when they were younger, they moved into the backrow and now they can fill into the dummy half role.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
            Never said he did.

I said Kouparitsas was not like Flannery, a 'different sort of player'.

I said Flannery was like Morbs.

I said that Morbs had the pace and mobility to play in the centres, as Flannery did.
            Aubusson is severely lacking in pace, and is a fill-in option in the centres at best

Flannery was even less suited to the centres than Aubusson is now

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
              Aubusson is severely lacking in pace, and is a fill-in option in the centres at best

Flannery was even less suited to the centres than Aubusson is now
              Flannery wasn't slow. It was only from 2003 onwards when he bulked up to play back row did he lose his speed.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Chris Flannery was 3 times the player Kouparitsis will ever be. Flannery could play anywhere from fullback to hooker and did so many a time and played each position with success.

Never underestimate what Chris Flannery provided to our Club. It's a hell of a lot more than Koups ever will.

Flannery was our "Mr Fix It". And he did it with pride and passion for the RW&B.

NC
                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                  Chris Flannery was 3 times the player Kouparitsis will ever be. Flannery could play anywhere from fullback to hooker and did so many a time and played each position with success.

Never underestimate what Chris Flannery provided to our Club. It's a hell of a lot more than Koups ever will.

Flannery was our "Mr Fix It". And he did it with pride and passion for the RW&B.

NC
                  I liked Flannery, and I like Aubusson

but both are/were too slow and lacking in footwork to ever be anything but solid, defensive centres

what the Roosters have badly needed for years are outside backs who can make a break, or who have the pace to capitalise when a break is made

Comment

Flannery never lived up to his hype and neither will Koopashitstats.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
                      I liked Flannery, and I like Aubusson

but both are/were too slow and lacking in footwork to ever be anything but solid, defensive centres

what the Roosters have badly needed for years are outside backs who can make a break, or who have the pace to capitalise when a break is made
                      I agree, but the Roosters have taken the position that forwards, espec back rowers, are the only position they need to recruit in - whether or not they have talent.

Happy to let talented young backs leave for greener pastures, but import suspect forwards.

You have to scratch your head as to why.

NC
                      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                        I agree, but the Roosters have taken the position that forwards, espec back rowers, are the only position they need to recruit in - whether or not they have talent.

Happy to let talented young backs leave for greener pastures, but import suspect forwards.

You have to scratch your head as to why.

NC
                        Couldn't agree more

Comment

Koops hasn't really been given much chance has he?!

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post

Chook.
                            I believe it was the opposite. There was little or no hype when he first arrived at the Roosters and he ended up being our best utility player in many years.
                            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                              I believe it was the opposite. There was little or no hype when he first arrived at the Roosters and he ended up being our best utility player in many years.
                              Here Here.

I'd have 2002 Flannery here in a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post

Chook.
                                He is THE ONLY Roosters player that can say he gave his left nut for the Roosters !!!!

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                                To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                                At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                                Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                                The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X