I dont get it...do you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont get it...do you?

after sleeping on it and rewatching that replay i just can not understand all the uproar over this lui knockon... am i seeing a different angle then everyone else? i can not see how on earth ANYONE can call that knocked back let alone call it a robbery, i dont get it can does anyone else here see what everyone but us are seeing?
    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

A knock on every day of the week.

Comment

Mate, put it down to the blatant anti-Rooster bias that exists these days. Jealousy is a curse.
      The acid test for me is to reverse the situation. Let's say the cows were leading 31-30 and the Roosters scored the match-winning try off such a play - do you think the cows would have liked them apples?
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Its not anti Roosters at all. Its the media jumping on the pro Cowboys bandwagon coz of the misfortune theyve had over the last couple of yrs. So any hint of controversy was always going to be jumped on.

It was a knock on but the media will of course get the most out of this as they can. That wasnt the big call tho. Lets not kid ourselves. SKD should have been penalised for that shepherd, giving Thurston a shot at goal with minutes remaining.
        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Majority of people I've spoken to & seen speak on the subject think it was a knock on.

There's always going to be a few shit stirrers though, no point getting worked up about it we all know what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
            Its not anti Roosters at all. Its the media jumping on the pro Cowboys bandwagon coz of the misfortune theyve had over the last couple of yrs. So any hint of controversy was always going to be jumped on.

It was a knock on but the media will of course get the most out of this as they can. That wasnt the big call tho. Lets not kid ourselves. SKD should have been penalised for that shepherd, giving Thurston a shot at goal with minutes remaining.
            Agree to disagree on your first paragraph. As for your SKD shepherd reference, pfft. Why don't you mention thompson's forward pass which led to cooper's try or mini being taken out which led to thurston's try.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It was a knock on 1 million%.

The Cowboys never got rorted they were given a leg up by the Roosters miss tackles & a Mini clanger.

Comment

It was as line ball as you will ever see. If Hayne sent it upstairs as "try" instead it would've been awarded.

Comment

Other fans want to believe its not a knock on just because they can't accept that we've gone through. Souths are shitting themselves so they'll argue the cows got ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chook View Post
                    It was as line ball as you will ever see. If Hayne sent it upstairs as "try" instead it would've been awarded.
                    The thing is all the officials called it a knock on as it happened (the 2 refs & the touchie) and only sent it up stairs as an after thought. If they were tackled short of the line it definitely would of been called back for the knock on. It was a knock on for all life.
                    Originally posted by turk-283
                    Kurt 79 - Kags 0..

Comment

Originally posted by kurtsherlock6 View Post
                      The thing is all the officials called it a knock on as it happened (the 2 refs & the touchie) and only sent it up stairs as an after thought. If they were tackled short of the line it definitely would of been called back for the knock on. It was a knock on for all life.
                      Try telling that to the one eyed gits up this way :/

Comment

From the Townsville Murdoch:

NO SURPRISES, THE WINNER IS SYDNEY*

RUGBY league’s Sydney powerbase has been given the dream match-up it craved.

There is no argument that next Friday night’s qualifying final between the Roosters and Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium will be one of the most anticipated games in the code’s recent history.

But it won’t mean much to Cowboys fans, who have had to endure three straight years of North Queensland being punted out of the finals race by dodgy refereeing calls.

Friday night’s result was a cruel blow for them and for Cowboys skipper Johnathan Thurston, who produced one of his finest performances to single-handedly haul the Cowboys back into the match.

The knock-on call against Robert Lui that killed off a match-winning try to Thurston was wrong. At best it was a 50-50 call, and typically, that was never going to go in favour of the Cowboys.

Immortal Andrew Johns agreed the Cowboys were robbed by the Lui decision.

“I think they were hard done by,” Johns said on Channel 9. The Roosters, not surprisingly, saw it differently.

“It was definitely a knock on,” Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce said.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson was adamant referee Gavin Badger made the correct call, and actually suggested his team had been on the end of tough calls.

“It was fair and square, it was called early, that is what the refs are there for,” Robinson said.

“Sonny’s try I had questions over that. I didn’t see it short of the line.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a footy game like that.”

*FOOTNOTE: For some reason they decided to retract this headline and replace it with: "The Roosters maintained their premiership defence after denying the greatest comeback in rugby league history"

Comment

Its bullshit, even if he had given it was a blatant knock on.
                          Thurston and Green have even said as much.

I can't see how in the hell anyone can say it was not. The fact that the Ch9 commentary team said knock back and the fox team said def knock on almost proves the point given Ch9's credibility
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                            Agree to disagree on your first paragraph. As for your SKD shepherd reference, pfft. Why don't you mention thompson's forward pass which led to cooper's try or mini being taken out which led to thurston's try.
                            Why would I mention those? I know they happened. I can assure you those two incidents pissed me off as much as they pissed you off. But I was referring to the shepherd specifically coz it happened very late and could have been season over. And if by ...pfft...you mean you dont think it was a shepherd, you are kidding yourself. For me, if the Cowboys have a reason to be pissed off, its over that SKD decision, not the knock on.
                            Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

I think everyone agrees the standard of refereeing is very poor this year and many clubs have been on the receiving end of it.

Given the nature of how knock ons are called today it was a clear knock on.

The other point is using the back of the arrow for the 30m watch it frame by frame and never mind Ray Warren's commentary about the bouncing ball watch the contact point and where the ball lands it bounces forward from there and that is how the video refs have reviewed the call of on field knock on.

The replay in no way provided conclusive evidence to the contrary.

Knock on.

Comment

Working...
                              X