Carney too Fullback it's a Done Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
    Does he hold the ball up or put players thru gaps whilst in the line? Hayne maybe has done that playing five-eighth but not as a fullback.
    Oh Rocky you are killing yourself here mate. And if you have played halfback I would like to know who with as your football knowledge based on what you have been sprouting about on here is minimal.

Why does a playmaker have to be someone who holds up the ball or puts a player through the gap? A playmaker is simply a player who orchestrates the teams play. Of course their are playmaking fullbacks just as their are 5/8ths, halves and locks...hell even second rowers can be playmakers at times.

It is a well known fact that more and more fullbacks are becoming a second playmaker for their teams eg Lockyer, Hunt, Slater, Hayne (fark me how can you say he does create any play), Gidley etc.

I am sorry my friend but you are wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Dolphin View Post
      Oh Rocky you are killing yourself here mate. And if you have played halfback I would like to know who with as your football knowledge based on what you have been sprouting about on here is minimal.

Why does a playmaker have to be someone who holds up the ball or puts a player through the gap? A playmaker is simply a player who orchestrates the teams play. Of course their are playmaking fullbacks just as their are 5/8ths, halves and locks...hell even second rowers can be playmakers at times.

It is a well known fact that more and more fullbacks are becoming a second playmaker for their teams eg Lockyer, Hunt, Slater, Hayne (fark me how can you say he does create any play), Gidley etc.

Oh if you say so.

So you need to change my definition to try and prove me wrong
      What playmaking is gonna happen at fullback? The fullback catches the ball and dummies to one winger and passes to the other winger. Sure you can organise a defence from fullback but play make from back there?

As a halfback i was looking to put players into gaps but as a fullback my only objective was to run at the gaps or run off a playmaker. It's pretty simple really.

You are confusing fullbacks who can be playmakers in other positions with fullbacks that are actual playmakers. I suppose you would play Cliff Lyons as a fullback? Slater a playmaker lol?

Comment

Does he hold the ball up or put players thru gaps whilst in the line? Hayne maybe has done that playing five-eighth but not as a fullback.
        out of 25 games, hayne started at 5/8 only 4 times (this was the first 4 rounds).

Jarryds stats for the 2009 Season

19 Try Assists
        37 Offloads
        11 line break assists

Jarryds Stats while playing @ 5/8 (first 4 rounds)

1 try Assist
        0 Offloads
        1 Line break assist.

This information goes to prove that Hayne as a fullback was able to create line break assists, offloads and provide try assists.

This goes to show, along with the examples of Hunt, Lockyer, Bowen, Slater, Gidley that players that are named at fullback are able to slot into the line and play as an extra half or 5/8.

We have even seen minichello and perret played like this in the past, though not often due to the lack of structure at the roosters over the past 2 years.

Personally, i believe Minichello or perrett should be at FB, Carney and pearce in the Halves and Anasta at lock.

it is the same theory as Carney at FB, but this allows anasta to roam around the field as the extra playmaker.

Rocky, stop digging, you will be in china soon.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
        To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
        At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
        Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
        The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
          out of 25 games, hayne started at 5/8 only 4 times (this was the first 4 rounds).

Jarryds stats for the 2009 Season

19 Try Assists
          37 Offloads
          11 line break assists

Jarryds Stats while playing @ 5/8 (first 4 rounds)

1 try Assist
          0 Offloads
          1 Line break assist.

This information goes to prove that Hayne as a fullback was able to create line break assists, offloads and provide try assists.

This goes to show, along with the examples of Hunt, Lockyer, Bowen, Slater, Gidley that players that are named at fullback are able to slot into the line and play as an extra half or 5/8.

We have even seen minichello and perret played like this in the past, though not often due to the lack of structure at the roosters over the past 2 years.

Personally, i believe Minichello or perrett should be at FB, Carney and pearce in the Halves and Anasta at lock.

it is the same theory as Carney at FB, but this allows anasta to roam around the field as the extra playmaker.

Thanks for proving absolutely nothing.

19 Try Assists
          37 Offloads
          11 line break assists
          Meaningless because most of this is probably whilst playing 5/8th.

line break assists, offloads and provide try assists.
          Wingers can get these stats too, doesn't mean they are playmakers.

Perett a playmaker lol. Talk about clutching at straws, the guy hardly ever passes the ball lol

These players run and pop into the line to run gaps, that is not my definition of a playmaker.

Can i borrow your shovel that took you to siberia?

Still awaiting evidence..

Comment

• Rocky, you took a total of 20 minutes to come back with that reply. thats appaling !!

and to boot you did not even read my post correctly.

As i stated Hayne played the first 4 rounds as 5/8

in those first 4 rounds, these are his attacking stats:

1 try Assist
            0 Offloads
            1 Line break assist.

so your theory that hayne obtained his assist figures while he was playing 5/8 has just been sunk like the titanic.

As to minichello and perrett, as i stated, they have played in a link role in the past, chiming in as an extra half, again you need to read, this did not happen often.

The Other players mentioned, Hunt, Lockyer, Gidley have previously been named at fullback and controlled the playmaking, be it setting up plays, kicking or positioning players.

You have a very weak argument rocky, this is very dissapointing.

and if you want evidence, get a note book, get a copy of all the 2009 Parramatta games and jot down yourself Haynes stats for when he played at 5/8 and when he played at fullback.

At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.

Comment

• You are just digging your hole deeper Rocky, give it up man.

Comment

Rocky, you took a total of 20 minutes to come back with that reply. thats appaling !!

and to boot you did not even read my post correctly.

1 try Assist
                0 Offloads
                1 Line break assist.

so your theory that hayne obtained his assist figures while he was playing 5/8 has just been sunk like the titanic.

As to minichello and perrett, as i stated, they have played in a link role in the past, chiming in as an extra half, again you need to read, this did not happen often.

The Other players mentioned, Hunt, Lockyer, Gidley have previously been named at fullback and controlled the playmaking, be it setting up plays, kicking or positioning players.

You have a very weak argument rocky, this is very dissapointing.

and if you want evidence, get a note book, get a copy of all the 2009 Parramatta games and jot down yourself Haynes stats for when he played at 5/8 and when he played at fullback.
                Rocky, you took a total of 20 minutes to come back with that reply. thats appaling !!
                The only appalling thing here is your attempt at Math.
                5:39 your post
                5:52 my post

Yep 13 mins is equal to 20 mins hehe lol

Gee let me guess, with that maths you must work for a bank hehe

And i won't go too hard on your spelling of 'appaling'

1 try Assist
                0 Offloads
                1 Line break assist.
                Yep, and that makes him such a great playmaker lol lol lol

Note to Smith: Perrett to 5/8th because Supermuz thinks he is a great playmaker lol
                Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 01-13-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by elo View Post
                  You are just digging your hole deeper Rocky, give it up man.
                  At least my math is ok. Apart from that go fork yourself.

Comment

The only appalling thing here is your attempt at Math.
                    5:39 your post
                    5:52 my post

Yep 13 mins is equal to 20 mins hehe lol

Gee let me guess, with that maths you must work for a bank hehe

And i won't go too hard on your spelling of 'appaling'

Yep, and that makes him such a great playmaker lol lol lol

Note to Smith: Perrett to 5/8th because Supermuz thinks he is a great playmaker lol
                    ohhhhh wow i am off by 7 minutes. Actually i was probably spot on about the 20minutes. You were probably sitting there for 7 minutes listening to the little voice in your head "holy shit rocky, you've done it this time, no digging your way out of this"

your argument has now dropped tto menial arguments like spelling and math, a classic sign that you actually have no substance to your argument.

But do you know what the funny thing is? We agree that carney should not be fullback.

The difference is you are so blinded by your own opinion that you cannot comprehend that there actually may be another side of the argument.

There you go, my post with speeling errours ande alll have funs pikings dem outs mate.

Comment

Actually i see you as the child having a dummy spit. I have given you lessions in the past but you just can't handle it. Seriously get over your grudge dude, it's only making you look foolish.

I've played football in the halfback position, also played winger and fullback so i am in a better position than most to know the roles of each position.
                      You obviously only played mini-league where the fullback stands flat like every other position lol

Provide evidence of a playmaking fullback and i'll have no problems saying i got it wrong. In the meantime i'll standby my claims.
                      How about you provide evidence that playmaking fullbacks don't exist. After all, you are the only one on this thread claiming so. Go through the try assists stats for the last few seasons and show me that no fullback provided a try assist, kicked in general play or passed the ball. According to you, fullbacks only run the ball, god forbid they would try passing it!

And don't start on football careers, thats the typical response of a poster like yourself.....I'm better than you...I did this...I did that...you probably only played mini league blah blah blah. You've never schooled anyone buddy, there's no grudge from my part and I'm happy to admit when I've got it wrong, but on this occasion I'm not.

Why don't you go and watch a game for a change...you might see that in-goal touchies no longer exist!

Comment

ohhhhh wow i am off by 7 minutes. Actually i was probably spot on about the 20minutes. You were probably sitting there for 7 minutes listening to the little voice in your head "holy shit rocky, you've done it this time, no digging your way out of this"

your argument has now dropped tto menial arguments like spelling and math, a classic sign that you actually have no substance to your argument.

But do you know what the funny thing is? We agree that carney should not be fullback.

The difference is you are so blinded by your own opinion that you cannot comprehend that there actually may be another side of the argument.

There you go, my post with speeling errours ande alll have funs pikings dem outs mate.
                        wow i am off by 7 minutes.
                        So maybe it's not me who needs that shovel lol. Only 7 minutes, only 7 degrees. No wonder why you hit siberia whilst digging for china.
                        Next time don't use your isosceles triangle theorem to dig holes pythagorus. Fargin math genius.

your argument has now dropped tto menial arguments like spelling and math,
                        Dig dig keep going pythagorus, just seven degrees the other way hehe
                        I'm not the one who started with the maths.

And that's why your a complete doofus. You agree with the core of what i had to say but you where the first to have a go at me. And this from the person who agreed with a cease fire last time. But you couldn't help yourself hey. Man i must have cut you up bad, you hold a grudge like no other.

Is that why i asked for evidence? If i was completely sure why would i want evidence. I'm prepared to accept any mistakes but i'm confident in my opinion.

Yep, those stats were a fine peace of evidence. Evidence that Hayne is not a playmaker at all. He is a great elusive runner, well suited to fullback.
                        Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 01-13-2010, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook;36270[B
                          ]How about you provide evidence that playmaking fullbacks don't exist[/B]. After all, you are the only one on this thread claiming so. Go through the try assists stats for the last few seasons and show me that no fullback provided a try assist, kicked in general play or passed the ball. According to you, fullbacks only run the ball, god forbid they would try passing it!

And don't start on football careers, thats the typical response of a poster like yourself.....I'm better than you...I did this...I did that...you probably only played mini league blah blah blah. You've never schooled anyone buddy, there's no grudge from my part and I'm happy to admit when I've got it wrong, but on this occasion I'm not.

Why don't you go and watch a game for a change...you might see that in-goal touchies no longer exist!
                          lol. I asked for evidence and all you can do is ask for it. You obviously have no idea about the rules of debating

no fullback provided a try assist, kicked in general play or passed the ball.
                          You obvious can't read as well because i've already answered that issue.
                          Passing the ball is not play-making you flip. Read my definition again...

And don't start on football careers, thats the typical response of a poster like yourself..
                          It was an important part of my debate. At least i have some experience about what those positions involve.

No touchies? Well who are those ppls who lift their flags once a goal goes though the posts. Touchy's, in-goal touchy's..same diff for this arguments sake.

Comment

• Actually rocky, i did not have a go at you, i merely provided information that hayne only played 4 games at 5/8 in the 2009 after you stated that all of his "playmaker stats" were while he was playing 5/8.

your point has been refuted by my facts and evidence.

It is as simple as that. hayne showed that he is able to set up support players with line assists, try assists and offloads, suprisingly, the job of a playmaker. Diference with hayne, he has an xfactor alot of other players donot have, that induvidual brilliance that sometimes hides the work he does for his team mates.

Rocky, i don't hold grudges against people like you, i may pity you, but i don't hold a grudge.

You cannot support your argument, yet everyone else has had facts to support their argument.

it is simple Rocky, it is time to actually man up and show facts that supports your argument.

Just on a side note rocky it's Pythagoras not Pythagorus, thought i would point that out since you love spelling so much.

Comment

Actually rocky, i did not have a go at you, i merely provided information that hayne only played 4 games at 5/8 in the 2009 after you stated that all of his "playmaker stats" were while he was playing 5/8.

It is as simple as that. hayne showed that he is able to set up support players with line assists, try assists and offloads, suprisingly, the job of a playmaker. Diference with hayne, he has an xfactor alot of other players donot have, that induvidual brilliance that sometimes hides the work he does for his team mates.

Rocky, i don't hold grudges against people like you, i may pity you, but i don't hold a grudge.

You cannot support your argument, yet everyone else has had facts to support their argument.

it is simple Rocky, it is time to actually man up and show facts that supports your argument.

Just on a side note rocky it's Pythagoras not Pythagorus, thought i would point that out since you love spelling so much.
                              The first cheap shot was this:
                              Your facts only support my claim, that Hayne is not a playmaker at all. That's why parra moved him out of 5/8th after 4 rounds as you say.

If he is not a playmaker then how can he be a play-making fullback??
                              He is a brilliant elusive runner and that's it, same as Slater etc. chips to himself are not included.

Cough cough yeah riiiight

I'm the only one who has backed up their argument. I even provided a definition of what i mean't. I cannot provide facts for fairytales i.e. a playmaking fullback.

I asked for evidence but nothing was provided to refute my claims. That probably means i was right all along.

Anyway, i've made my points and i'm out of this thread. Game over.......

Comment

• Rocky:
                                Provide evidence of a playmaking fullback and i'll have no problems saying i got it wrong. In the meantime i'll standby my claims.
                                I'm pretty sure I've seen examples, during the last couple of years, of fullbacks coming into the line, which brings the defence forward, and then providing the grubber kick to the corner for the flying winger. I'm happy with that action as one of the many actions that defines a player as a playmaker.

BUT, I'm not going to look up Youtube to validate what I believe is an increasing trend in the game, I'm to old for that.

I guess we'll have to wait until mid March to find out if the trend continues, or it was a figment of my imagination

Comment

Working...
                                X