8 Roosters added to kangaroos training squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Roosters added to kangaroos training squad

the last thing a lot of our guys need now is a four nations tour, we had some busted players play on Friday night that need a good rest, guys like Tupou/Jennings/Cordner/Friend/Maloney could use some time off before a big pre-season.

Pearce/Guerra/Napa might benefit from the experience.

Daniel Tupou, Roosters

Michael Jennings, Roosters

James Maloney, Roosters

Mitchell Pearce, Roosters

Boyd Cordner, Roosters

Aidan Guerra, Roosters

Jake Friend, Roosters

Dylan Napa, Roosters

Probably have a few in the bro's train on team too, RTS, SKD, moa, JWH.

Comment

Only Jennings, Cordner and Friend will go anyway, the others may as well put their feet up and rest for next season

Comment

Guerra will go too I reckon.

He's a star.

Comment

He we go again...another interruption to our preparation for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
            Only Jennings, Cordner and Friend will go anyway, the others may as well put their feet up and rest for next season
            I don't think Jennings will go, Sheens not a fan of his, preferred to play players out of position than pick Jennings during the world cup, I think Walker from the vermin will get Jennings spot.

I don't know what the point in picking Maloney is he is not hope of touring, just let him get away with his family and rest up of the start of pre-season.

Comment

Alan Jones said today that there are all these injuries today because players are being worn out in the gyms building massive muscles etc, with their bodies worked almost to breaking point, and then on game day their bodies basically burst/crack up...and the players are tired before full time.

He said that when he was coaching he never had lots of players sitting in the grandstand injured.

Look at the NRL...players warm up for half an hour before the game and look stuffed before the game even starts.

Comment

So many, add in all the Kiwis that will get picked and once again our boys will be training when they should be resting..ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                  So many, add in all the Kiwis that will get picked and once again our boys will be training when they should be resting..ugh.
                  we might get a few picked in the Kiwi train on squad but I think the likes of JWH/FPN/SKD are all still on the nose with Kearney, so it wouldn't shock if only RTS/Moa actually make the Kiwi touring squad.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
                    Alan Jones said today that there are all these injuries today because players are being worn out in the gyms building massive muscles etc, with their bodies worked almost to breaking point, and then on game day their bodies basically burst/crack up...and the players are tired before full time.

He said that when he was coaching he never had lots of players sitting in the grandstand injured.

Look at the NRL...players warm up for half an hour before the game and look stuffed before the game even starts.
                    20 minutes of stretching is all that is needed pre game.
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

i wouldn't mind seeing rts at fullback for nz to see how he goes

Comment

I'd like our players to rest and enjoy the off-season. Use this time to recover and then build size & strength.

Whilst rep honours are well deserved and great, I feel after the past 2 seasons, they are entitled to proper time to freshen up. This speaks to both NZ and Australian team selections.
                        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                          I'd like our players to rest and enjoy the off-season. Use this time to recover and then build size & strength.

Whilst rep honours are well deserved and great, I feel after the past 2 seasons, they are entitled to proper time to freshen up. This speaks to both NZ and Australian team selections.
                          Well said Axe - I feel the same way. Would much prefer NO Roosters took part in any further games this year and instead had a proper break and pre-season.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Daniel Tupou and Dylan Napa named in PMXIII.

Comment

Guerra and Friend, the only real chances of going, so it wont be too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X