NRL The Sinking Ship and Souths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
    Yes I am sure Souths will now after winning a premiership walk away from ANZ stadium and the 3rd party deals and other things they get from this arrangement to return to SFS in the moore park precinct because some old geriatric form souths juniors thinks they should
    Don't teams that play out of ANZ get a grant from the stadium aswell? Something like $500,000 if I remember correctly. Not a bad income to collect, why would you give that up

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
      I heard on TV not more than 2 weeks ago that JP is a massive Roosters fan. Having been part of the club, how the hell do we lose that guy so he can invest with crowe? WTF is going on with the administration that we are losing people like him to Souths? We may be winning on the field but off field we are being flogged by Crowes influence. That's what pisses me more than a few bad calls. I have avoided as much as possible to dodge the sports news but when I can't, all I see is a massive crowd supporting the vermin, and these are not old timers from the 70's but some very young fans from areas close to Easts. That is more important than what Rabbs or Gus say during a game. :-(
      Geez you are getting wound up about Souths, you make out like Souths are not allowed to be successful.
      Mate they have been at the bottom for so long they were able to get a passionate supporter with heaps of cash to get on board who is probably going to continue to turn them into a powerful club just like a Nick to the Roosters.
      The team that is more of a concern are the stinkin rotten broncos who will be given all the help to become a powerhouse again.

I predict that whilst Bennett is back at the helm that they will be the first team to go back to back again. If anything Souths are going to be the only team that will be able to keep pace with the broncos on & off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
        Yes I am sure Souths will now after winning a premiership walk away from ANZ stadium and the 3rd party deals and other things they get from this arrangement to return to SFS in the moore park precinct because some old geriatric form souths juniors thinks they should
        They will push hard to return soon enough. I have a feeling you will be eating your words.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
          They will push hard to return soon enough. I have a feeling you will be eating your words.
          I will let you lose sleep over it Meanwhile in the real world at present they do have a deal with ANZ which I think is contractual not too mention financially beneficial to them
          When you trust your television
          what you get is what you got
          Cause when they own the information
          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
            What's the big deal? They played out of the Sydney Football Stadium for years before going out to Homebush

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
              What's the big deal? They played out of the Sydney Football Stadium for years before going out to Homebush
              They are scared all the little kiddies in the area will support Souths
              When you trust your television
              what you get is what you got
              Cause when they own the information
              they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

I'm just territorial.

We play in the area we represent.

They don't.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Fark souffs!
                  Originally posted by turk-283
                  Kurt 79 - Kags 0..

Comment

Tomorrow that leather-faced embarrassment Clover Moore is giving Souffs the "key to the city" in a big ceremony in Town Hall.

Why?

This whole thing is a disgrace. No wonder Dave Smith was so happy they beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
                      Geez you are getting wound up about Souths, you make out like Souths are not allowed to be successful.
                      Mate they have been at the bottom for so long they were able to get a passionate supporter with heaps of cash to get on board who is probably going to continue to turn them into a powerful club just like a Nick to the Roosters.
                      The team that is more of a concern are the stinkin rotten broncos who will be given all the help to become a powerhouse again.

I predict that whilst Bennett is back at the helm that they will be the first team to go back to back again. If anything Souths are going to be the only team that will be able to keep pace with the broncos on & off the field.

Yep I'm being wound up alright but what I see on Tele. Mass media coverage to what even sam B wore while having his cheekbone replaced with nd its pissing me orfff!!!..GUILTY! I despise hearing about how popular they are supposed to be and I can see all that on my screen. I wish we can at least be near that but I feel that our clubs admin could do better to get more fans. I just think that the board has had the belief that by getting players to win, we would have been a powerhouse in the game and we've fail. On the field we're strong but off it we've lag behind teams like souffs, dogs, and even tigers and parra. I'm not unhappy with the team just the admin side. That's my beef!
                      Last edited by ROC181; 10-08-2014, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I can't believe that there is a 9 page thread on Souths.

Apologies for making the thread bigger with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                          All part of NRL's share-the-trophy initiative.

Anyone who doubts what is being said just needs to look back at the rule changes over time:
                          - 2005 the NRL decided they had enough of the Bulldogs/Roosters/Panthers dominance. They obliterated the "dominant tackle" advantage by making surrender tackles legal. All of a sudden the tigers touch footy side were earning penalties for surrendering in tackles. Lightning quick play the balls ensued and the Tigpies win the 2005 touch football season. Bulldogs/Roosters/Panthers all missed out on the top 8.
                          - 2006 about round 6 with Tigers and Cowboys at the top of the ladder, the NRL decided the game was too fast and slowed it down a little. Tigers and Cowboys both went from top of ladder to missing out on the top 8 altogether.
                          - 2010 two referees. More eyes more penalties, faster play the balls, and the 2005 touch footy champions were back in contention, as were the side most heavily dependent on being awarded penalties the Dragons.
                          - 2011 slowed down again. Back to the usual suspects Storm, Manly, and thankfully Roosters.
                          - 2014 sped up again and more penalties. The 2005 touch footy champions back in contention until they imploded. Much like 2010 the comp again goes to the side most heavily dependent on penalties.

Maybe someone can help me finding the stats. But I would bet that in 2005, 2010, and 2014 the comps were won by teams being awarded the most penalties. And that most other years the comp was won by the teams giving away the most penalties.

Not an exact science, but you will note that in the three seasons where the NRL were intent on turning it into a lottery by speeding up the play-the-ball, the winner coincided with the best penalty stats.

In the normal course of events it is usually the worst offenders that win or go close to winning. Which kind of proves a previous point that many of you doubted, many teams intentionally risk a penalty to ensure their defensive line is set.

Grand finalist penalty win rankings

2014 Souths 1st - Bulldogs 13th
                          2013 Roosters 16th - Manly 13th
                          2012 Storm 8th - Bulldogs 16th
                          2011 Manly 8th - Warriors 11th
                          2010 Saints 1st - Roosters 16th
                          2009 Storm 9th - Eels 6th
                          2008 Manly 9th - Storm 13th
                          2007 Storm 12th - Manly 6th
                          2006 Broncos 6th - Storm 15th
                          2005 Tigers 1st - Cowboys 5th

Comment

Its not a thread just about Souths.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              Tomorrow that leather-faced embarrassment Clover Moore is giving Souffs the "key to the city" in a big ceremony in Town Hall.

Why?
                              What a hypocrite. Wasn't she the one who put the kybosh on the Vermin's Redfern Oval plans several years back. But suppose Rusty wasn't the owner back then ...this time round she's on the bandwagon and she probably feels the sucking up will get her on board the Phone Chucker Express and somehow win her some votes by pleasing Academy Award stars !

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                                Yep I'm being wound up alright but what I see on Tele. Mass media coverage to what even sam B wore while having his cheekbone replaced with nd its pissing me orfff!!!..GUILTY! I despise hearing about how popular they are supposed to be and I can see all that on my screen. I wish we can at least be near that but I feel that our clubs admin could do better to get more fans. I just think that the board has had the belief that by getting players to win, we would have been a powerhouse in the game and we've fail. On the field we're strong but off it we've lag behind teams like souffs, dogs, and even tigers and parra. I'm not unhappy with the team just the admin side. That's my beef!
                                Now your just taking the piss!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X