NRL The Sinking Ship and Souths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    2005: Wests Tigers 2nd most penalties received.

2010: Dragons most penalties received.

2014: Souffs most penalties received.

This year Souffs received 219 penalties in 27 games.

This year we received 135 penalties in 27 games.

219 vs 135. WOWWWWW
    Why should we, the fans come up with reasons to explain this? Surely the NRL Integrity Unit needs to investigate and provide an explanation.
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I dont agree. There is no 'fix' as I see it.
      Do I think there are certain teams the NRL would like to have compete in the GF? Yep. But that is more about tv ratings, gate attendance, etc and not 'organised' . I actually think the NRL and 9 would have preferred a Chooks, Souths GF. But we only have ourselves to blame for that.

I do think some referees are bias against some of our players, ie Maxwell.

But I do not believe there is a 'conspiracy' of several organisations trying to bring us down. That is fan bias and paranoia imo.

If we didnt win the comp, I always thought Souths would. Not just because they are the least penalised team, but because they are a very good team.

To be honest, I am sick of the continual Souths posts. Have a look at the forum. Its like reading the Daily Telecrap. Its all Souths. I like coming on here to read about our players and who we might sign.

Forget it. They won. Get over it.
      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

I thought it was obvious that Chanel 9 were working under a directive to talk up Souths for the entire final series at a minimum. It was plain to see. The NRL and its staff were no doubt following the same directives. Its just WWF stuff and I worry that we are seeing the end of the NRL as a viably professional and genuine sporting code.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriyaki Chicken Boy View Post
          I thought it was obvious that Chanel 9 were working under a directive to talk up Souths for the entire final series at a minimum. It was plain to see. The NRL and its staff were no doubt following the same directives. Its just WWF stuff and I worry that we are seeing the end of the NRL as a viably professional and genuine sporting code.
          The reaction of the Ch9 commentary team when Thurston picks up the loose ball at the end against us, only to have the try correctly disallowed, proves your point.

Fancy having people like Andrew Johns, Wally Lewis, Darren Lockyer and Gorden Tallis feeding the masses.

A bunch of mugs.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Exactly Vasco. You raise another point I had forgotten. That was terrible the commentary of that match. The way they cater to Qld and the tastes of Qldnders is bizarre. But again it is an obvious financial decision. Chanel 9 deliver the commentary wanted in the Queensland market because it is their bread and butter. I would expect to see a Queensland team favoured heavily in 2015.

Comment

South's are already talking it up about going back to back.
              Put that up in the dressing room so the boys see it before every game.
              Time to go back to their 100% defensive game and have a little fun in attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                I honestly believe its not about corruption or fixing the results.
                Its about incompetence and change of direction.
                The ulterior motives exist within the media and the egos living on past reputations and the bets they place.

The incompetence exists in the officiating and administration of the game. The referees are just not good enough and the match review and judiciary are hypocritical and out of their depth. The administrators of the NRL are not interested in the game just what revenue it can deliver. While this is an important element of running the game, RL is not a game built on money, its built on loyalties , the average person and grass roots.

The hidden incompetency is that change in direction of the NRL in pursuit of the corporate $ at expense of what the game is really about.

$ouff$ just played the game on and off the field better than anyone else. The phone Chuck I am sure made calls and put pressure on people to blow their trumpet and of course the NRL viewed it as a revenue raiser and jumped on board. The Ch9 freaks just danced around as they saw money to be made as well
                I am compelled to reply to this because you make credible assumptions.
                I too believe that the incompetence of the referees is a big factor and many teams have been the victims though some less than others. I also have to blame the NRL/Referees boss who continuously change the rules and that in some way I can forgive some of the refs cause even they can't keep up with changes mid week like the problem with Parra/Dogs/Ball boy. They still can't get it right. Also the interference from the video refs on some plays but not on others has everyone miffed.

As for the bias on Nine...well where does this supposedly bias stem from?

Rabbs and Sterlo are Parra fans. It's been said by many here that Sterlo is the best of the lot cause he seems objective but now because he didn't make a point about some stat last week during the Footy show, we think he's biased...Rabbs is old and old people can sometimes say stupid things so we know where he comes from.

Then theres Gus. Has some Roosters in him but tries to hide it so as not to appear like he's supporting us...it's understandable.
                Johns is a Manly and Knights supporter, clearly.
                Freddy...we know
                Finch-Storm fan before us
                King, Lokyear seem objective if slightly to the Broncos
                Vautin-Manly
                Big Marn-Dogs-Riff i think
                Tallis- loves the broncos and souths HATES the roosters
                Beau Ryan Sharks Tigers
                Erin- raiders

I'm not sure who the Nine EP is for the league side but I'm sure Rabbs, Sterlo and Vautin have more influence.
                Then there's Gyngell. I understand he's a former Roosters board member BUT I still am informed he's a Roosters fan...as well as Leyla

So how does this lot of footy commentators on Nine become anti Roosters or pro Souths? Who has the influence over all of these to be pro souths?

Will the stats unveil the villain? I doubt it.
                Last edited by ROC181; 10-07-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Is it just me or was the past season the worst or one of the worst that you can remember? This is not sour grapes but I also think that the Souths love fest over the past few weeks is also connected. For a long time I have considered the referee conspiracy guys to be a bit nuts and still do. However, it is pretty hard to ignore what has been going on.

Games are becoming more and more boring. Tickets prices and concessions are obscenely priced. Game after game is played to empty stadiums. The referees play by different rules from week to week. Crowds have been down significantly and even ours as reigning premiers have been poor. Scheduling of matches is also a joke.
                  NRL is a violent sport that has little place in modern society. The shoulder charge was banned. Now fighting has been banned. Then there is the wrestle. I honestly believe our beloved sport is dying. The officials and the coaches don't care about the quality of the game or the spirit in which it is played. They simply focus on results.

I put it to you that the 2014 NRL Finals Series was a load of shit. The fix was in and not through underworld figures. I believe the NRL decided their best bet was to make sure Souths won the GF and would provide the feel good story of the year. Think about it. Think about the commentary. Think about the refereeing, looking at certain things, not looking at others. The game has become laughable. This is WWF. The saddest thing is that Souths might have been good enough to do it without the help. I think they have been ripped off in a sense as well.

I don't know guys. This is a bit of a rant and I expect to be told to go and **** myself but I think some of you may agree
                  Good post mate! Most supporters of all clubs see your point..

Comment

@roc181 Mate you are looking at the minnows when we are chasing a whale. Think bigger. Apart from Gyngell and Gould to an extent, those people are simply Channel 9 employees. Of course they do what they are told. Who could blame them.

Comment

@Turk Thanks mate. Easts

Comment

@roc181 Mate you are looking at the minnows when we are chasing a whale. Think bigger. Apart from Gyngell and Gould to an extent, those people are simply Channel 9 employees. Of course they do what they are told. Who could blame them.
                        TCB and i'm trying to see your point you just made so who tells those minnows what to do? Packer? is he still at Nine?

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
                          Good post mate! Most supporters of all clubs see your point..
                          Drunk again?? Wanker

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                            So how does this lot of footy commentators on Nine become anti Roosters or pro Souths? Who has the influence over all of these to be pro souths?
                            We know who these people support and as far as I am concerned its not a huge thing, the incompetence and utter uselessness of some of the main players is a bigger issue.
                            It appears, given the history of these people, that betting is heavily influencing the week to week calls.
                            I highly doubt Warren is the EP, but I could be wrong, I am not sure he could organise that oft quoted root.

I think RL commentary is going the way of much of TV, it becomes about the sensationalism and theatrics rather than the "Real" reason they are on TV.

Pro $ouff$s, maybe, or it could just be the theatrics and hystrics of the $ouff$'s fans fit the stupidity of Ch9 commentary. Could it be the phone Chucker is orchestrating more behind the scenes that we know.

On Gould's anti Rooster bias, is it our pro Roosters view that accentuates his un-positive comments, or is TV Gould just a dickhead and he uses all his brain cells for his football job. I think he is just having fun being an idiot
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

TCB and i'm trying to see your point you just made so who tells those minnows what to do? Packer? is he still at Nine?
                              I kind of think that they do whatever they want, after all its a captive audience the ratings are not going to drop.
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

James is apparently about to purchase Holmes a Court's share in the Vermin.
                                JP & Phone Chucker ...what a lovely couple they make !

Comment

Working...
                                X