NRL The Sinking Ship and Souths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
    I honestly believe its not about corruption or fixing the results.
    Its about incompetence and change of direction.
    The ulterior motives exist within the media and the egos living on past reputations and the bets they place.

The incompetence exists in the officiating and administration of the game. The referees are just not good enough and the match review and judiciary are hypocritical and out of their depth. The administrators of the NRL are not interested in the game just what revenue it can deliver. While this is an important element of running the game, RL is not a game built on money, its built on loyalties , the average person and grass roots.

The hidden incompetency is that change in direction of the NRL in pursuit of the corporate $ at expense of what the game is really about.

$ouff$ just played the game on and off the field better than anyone else. The phone Chuck I am sure made calls and put pressure on people to blow their trumpet and of course the NRL viewed it as a revenue raiser and jumped on board. The Ch9 freaks just danced around as they saw money to be made as well
    spot on dice. i mentioned this in a earlier posts the vested interests which you outlined clearly here.its about the $ and until the admin and running of the game changes to a more professional business approach like a premier league nothing will change.the nrl has moved into marketing revenue not promotion of a game as evident of their partnership with sports bet and incidentally they never used our captain once in any nrl advertisement while he was named at the start of the 2014 season as the face of the nrl.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
      We know who these people support and as far as I am concerned its not a huge thing, the incompetence and utter uselessness of some of the main players is a bigger issue.
      It appears, given the history of these people, that betting is heavily influencing the week to week calls.
      I highly doubt Warren is the EP, but I could be wrong, I am not sure he could organise that oft quoted root.

I think RL commentary is going the way of much of TV, it becomes about the sensationalism and theatrics rather than the "Real" reason they are on TV.

Pro $ouff$s, maybe, or it could just be the theatrics and hystrics of the $ouff$'s fans fit the stupidity of Ch9 commentary. Could it be the phone Chucker is orchestrating more behind the scenes that we know.

On Gould's anti Rooster bias, is it our pro Roosters view that accentuates his un-positive comments, or is TV Gould just a dickhead and he uses all his brain cells for his football job. I think he is just having fun being an idiot
      billy -channel 9 commentary - i call it tabloid commentary.its warped infotainment.

Comment

Problems with this season:

1. Watching the grandfinal the most obvious problem was the commentary. I have to put it in mute.

2. Players falling asleep when anything close to resembling a penalty is not noticed by the refs. This is a serious problem with the flow of the play and something has to be done about this. New rules which should be brought in include:

* Referee not allowed to give penalties if not originally ruled before the player was on the ground and the clock was stopped.

* any player who acts injured has to be subbed off , and hence his team will lose an interchange.

this is the only way to fix this bullshit acting.

From a marketing point of view:

* Ticket prices cheaper and Merchandise cheaper. A jersey that costs $20 to make is being sold for $150, some are more. If the jerseys were cheaper, I would purchase more than just one, for example the marvel comics one.
        Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

I actually agree with your post teriyaki boy, but then I love a good conspiracy?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
            I actually agree with your post teriyaki boy, but then I love a good conspiracy?
            Well apparently JFK isn't dead. He's living in The Bay of Pigs with Che Guevara as his neighbour.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
              James is apparently about to purchase Holmes a Court's share in the Vermin.
              JP & Phone Chucker ...what a lovely couple they make !
              I heard on TV not more than 2 weeks ago that JP is a massive Roosters fan. Having been part of the club, how the hell do we lose that guy so he can invest with crowe? WTF is going on with the administration that we are losing people like him to Souths? We may be winning on the field but off field we are being flogged by Crowes influence. That's what pisses me more than a few bad calls. I have avoided as much as possible to dodge the sports news but when I can't, all I see is a massive crowd supporting the vermin, and these are not old timers from the 70's but some very young fans from areas close to Easts. That is more important than what Rabbs or Gus say during a game. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                I am compelled to reply to this because you make credible assumptions.
                I too believe that the incompetence of the referees is a big factor and many teams have been the victims though some less than others. I also have to blame the NRL/Referees boss who continuously change the rules and that in some way I can forgive some of the refs cause even they can't keep up with changes mid week like the problem with Parra/Dogs/Ball boy. They still can't get it right. Also the interference from the video refs on some plays but not on others has everyone miffed.

As for the bias on Nine...well where does this supposedly bias stem from?

Rabbs and Sterlo are Parra fans. It's been said by many here that Sterlo is the best of the lot cause he seems objective but now because he didn't make a point about some stat last week during the Footy show, we think he's biased...Rabbs is old and old people can sometimes say stupid things so we know where he comes from.

Then theres Gus. Has some Roosters in him but tries to hide it so as not to appear like he's supporting us...it's understandable.
                Johns is a Manly and Knights supporter, clearly.
                Freddy...we know
                Finch-Storm fan before us
                King, Lokyear seem objective if slightly to the Broncos
                Vautin-Manly
                Big Marn-Dogs-Riff i think
                Tallis- loves the broncos and souths HATES the roosters
                Beau Ryan Sharks Tigers
                Erin- raiders

I'm not sure who the Nine EP is for the league side but I'm sure Rabbs, Sterlo and Vautin have more influence.
                Then there's Gyngell. I understand he's a former Roosters board member BUT I still am informed he's a Roosters fan...as well as Leyla

So how does this lot of footy commentators on Nine become anti Roosters or pro Souths? Who has the influence over all of these to be pro souths?

Will the stats unveil the villain? I doubt it.
                Confirming Gyngell is a Roosters Fan. He's not doing a Packer
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Packer is a poor man's Howard Hughes. A kid with a big inheritance trying to get into the movies. He was on the roosters board ages ago but was never a rooster in the same category of Gyng or us (he could never name you the side for example). Nick was a father figure to him and this is a massive slap in the face (proving that he doesn't give a fuuck about anyone but himself - the narcissistic cuunt).

Crowe is a scumbag that knows how to use up gullible insecure people with lots of money.

They are now "best mates" (at least Packer thinks so) and get up to all kinds of mischief together in LA.

This will not turn sour because, unlike PHAC, Packer won't run out of money.
                  Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 10-08-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

bring me a bucket I need to spew!

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                      Confirming Gyngell is a Roosters Fan. He's not doing a Packer
                      Axe - Gyngell plays both sides irrespective of him being a fan. Our number 7 can easily confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        Packer is a poor man's Howard Hughes. A kid with a big inheritance trying to get into the movies. He was on the roosters board ages ago but was never a rooster in the same category of Gyng or us (he could never name you the side for example). Nick was a father figure to him and this is a massive slap in the face (proving that he doesn't give a fuuck about anyone but himself - the narcissistic cuunt).

Crowe is a scumbag that knows how to use up gullible insecure people with lots of money.

They are now "best mates" (at least Packer thinks so) and get up to all kinds of mischief together in LA.

So now The Insider knows about tycoons and movie stars and their nocturnal activities in Los Angeles. You really are a joker Tobin. Stick to hanging out in the sheds and dreaming Tobin.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriyaki Chicken Boy View Post
                          So now The Insider knows about tycoons and movie stars and their nocturnal activities in Los Angeles. You really are a joker Tobin. Stick to hanging out in the sheds and dreaming Tobin.
                          LOL Tobin really has his finger on the pulse
                          When you trust your television
                          what you get is what you got
                          Cause when they own the information
                          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
                            I heard that as well but to be fair they played both team songs when each side came out on to the field. The reason why it went for 5 minutes was because professor Des decided to play mind games with his opposition and delayed their entry onto the field for a considerable amount of time in which they were fined for today.
                            They had to play the dogs song to avoid accusations of bias towards Souffs. I have been watching the Grand Final for nearly 40 years and that was the first time I have ever heard a club song for any team played BEFORE kick off. Will this new way of doing things continue for every grand final into the future I ask? or was it just a one off?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Yeah who wants to be as gullible as Packer? I can just see it, mixing with supermodels, doing a few of them, New car caviar, 5 star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team...Wow! I think I can write a song about this thing of having 'Money' like Packer. Lucky sod. Wish I was that gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                                LOL Tobin really has his finger on the pulse
                                You and your pal seem to enjoy attacking me personally. Sadly it seems neither of you have anything better to do.

Not sure why you bother reading what I have to say.

Anyway, I won't have to read your pointless attacks on me anymore. You can be the second on my ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                                X