No announcement yet.

NRL The Sinking Ship and Souths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a fractured cheekbone mean you have concussion ?
    When you trust your television
    what you get is what you got
    Cause when they own the information
    they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
      Does a fractured cheekbone mean you have concussion ?
      No but not being able to remember the game probably does.

Comment

Does a fractured cheekbone mean you have concussion ?
        If you've taken a head knock that resulted in you having 4 plates inserted in your face, it would be fair to assume that you might be concussed.

At the very least, he should have gone off to be checked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
          Some history that seems to cast doubt on your "coaches and coaching style" explanation... Below are figures which highlight the difference between penalties for and against for the last 10 years. The first column is Souths and the second is Roosters:
          SSyd Roosters
          +44 v -59 (2014)
          +10 v -62
          +23 v -26
          +13 v -17
          +13 v -46
          +23 v -50
          +28 v -37
          +20 v 0
          -22 v -19
          +10 v -5

To invert your logic, if I were a coach and could be confident that I would be getting many more penalties than I would be conceding, I think that would influence my coaching style. I'd be opting for a safety first, bash up the middle style of play where I just wait for the inevitable free yardage delivered on a plate by the referees.
          There we have it in a nutshell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
            If you've taken a head knock that resulted in you having 4 plates inserted in your face, it would be fair to assume that you might be concussed.

At the very least, he should have gone off to be checked.
            Seeing you put it thatw ay then Souths should be stripped of their Premiership for blatantly flaunting the NRL concussion rule
            When you trust your television
            what you get is what you got
            Cause when they own the information
            they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Seeing you put it thatw ay then Souths should be stripped of their Premiership for blatantly flaunting the NRL concussion rule
              Yep, that works for me.

If they're trying to fine the Dogs for being late out onto the field, there should be serious questions asked about souffs (and the refs) blatant disregard of the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                Some history that seems to cast doubt on your "coaches and coaching style" explanation... Below are figures which highlight the difference between penalties for and against for the last 10 years. The first column is Souths and the second is Roosters:
                SSyd Roosters
                +44 v -59 (2014)
                +10 v -62
                +23 v -26
                +13 v -17
                +13 v -46
                +23 v -50
                +28 v -37
                +20 v 0
                -22 v -19
                +10 v -5

To invert your logic, if I were a coach and could be confident that I would be getting many more penalties than I would be conceding, I think that would influence my coaching style. I'd be opting for a safety first, bash up the middle style of play where I just wait for the inevitable free yardage delivered on a plate by the referees.
                Unbelievable.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Those figure are pretty shocking when you really look at them.

There is a big problem with the NRL's logic that they have a captive audience. I think a fair percentage of that audience has had enough and some are moving on to different sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teriyaki Chicken Boy View Post
                    Those figure are pretty shocking when you really look at them.

There is a big problem with the NRL's logic that they have a captive audience. I think a fair percentage of that audience has had enough and some are moving on to different sports.
                    agree TCB, I haven't watched so few NRL matches in the last 20yrs as I did this season, basically it was the Roosters matches and the odd big game, if its a toss up between an NRL match or an AFL match not involving my teams Roosters/Hawks I much prefer to watch AFL now, at least you don't have to go into a match knowing which team is likely to be favoured by officials.

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post
                      agree TCB, I haven't watched so few NRL matches in the last 20yrs as I did this season, basically it was the Roosters matches and the odd big game, if its a toss up between an NRL match or an AFL match not involving my teams Roosters/Hawks I much prefer to watch AFL now, at least you don't have to go into a match knowing which team is likely to be favoured by officials.
                      And their commentators provide insightful comments on the game, not agenda driven garbage that we are subjected to.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Agree x 1000 with what has been said in here recently.

We lose every penalty count to Spuffs by 3-6 penalties.

Why should each encounter with Souffs be met with such an air of inevitability? With such certainly that we'll get caned by the refs? It stinks.

Next year we will get hammered again by the refs. Our penalty differential will finish in the negative by 30-60.

And Souffs will finish in the positive. This, according to the stats, is a near statistical certainly.

And it stinks. It stinks of favouritism. It stinks of officials targeting us before we even step on to the field.

But the NRL don't care. They love it. Why? Because they're enjoying the fairytale. They're only interested in storytelling and ratings. Not fairness.

Comment

• I read somewhere in the last day or so that the GF was one of the highest rating in the last 20 years or maybe ever (perhaps someone else can confirm). Compare these ratings to the rating for the entire season and I am sure they still don't balance out.

The NRL and Channel 9 threw a massive hail mary imo. They bet the farm on Souths and in the short-term they have hit paydirt. However, in the long-term the credibility of the sport has taken a massive hit that will become more apparent over time. In reality they will never make the ground they have given away imo. Sport is meant to be a fair and genuine contest, not maufactured entertainment for the lowest common denominator.

Comment

• But our detractors will say we are the most undisciplined team and are happy to deliberately give away penalties. For the last decade apparently...

Give me strength...(insert Kurt sherlock6 roll eyes emoticon).

Comment

• On a different note I would also strongly urge the NRL to review the rules about fighting and the shoulder charge. Could any of you imagine the uproar in Canada if fighting was banned in NHL? I view NRL as a brutal, barbaric and gladiatorial sport and that is what many of us love or loved about it. Of course it is os much more but that violent physical element made up an aspect of the sport that I believe should remain unchanged. I know it isn't that simple but look what the sport has become under David Smith. That guy needs to be gone fast imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                                But our detractors will say we are the most undisciplined team and are happy to deliberately give away penalties. For the last decade apparently...

Give me strength...(insert Kurt sherlock6 roll eyes emoticon).
                                and don't hold your breath for a logical explanation as to why we receive so few penalties.

Comment

Working...
                                X