Open Session in Canberra Sunday 21/12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fletch View Post
    thanks for the photos/updates, it looked like the four nation boys were there, did Cordner/Jennings/Guerra/Toups/SKD train or were they just in attendance.

I remember reading somewhere that Robbo was giving them till after Christmas before returning.
    I saw them doing some ball skills activities together under a tree. Didn't notice them participating in most other activities.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
      I saw them doing some ball skills activities together under a tree. Didn't notice them participating in most other activities.
      thanks, sounds like they are being eased back into things, no way any of them will be risked in the 9's then.

JWH looks really fit, infact he looks in much better shape than the end of last season, shame the same can't be said for Moa, whatever JWH has lost it has gone straight onto Moa.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about reports of Jwh so slim. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
          Yep agree, but seeing him in the flesh, never though he was that slim.

MK had his top off and didn't look like je jad much fat on him, very solid boy, looks like he should bust the line all day. Hope he goes well this year.
          Good onya Mil good read.
          I must say Im surprised to hear they ventured to Canberra for a training run, not that I think it was a bad thing or anything Im just surprised.
          Im happy you & other Canberra residents Rooster supporters got to see them, I think it's a real thumbs up for the club.

Comment

They've been in Canberra for a few days and have spent a lot of time at the AIS.

They looked very switched on today. A few little things which were good signs was JWH doing push ups each time he dropped the ball and also seeing them fire up at little things to work on even at this early stage.

Robbo was already talking about staying in the last 5 minutes of games and in one drill told the defence to imagine they were 2 up with one set to play.
            Last edited by cookoman; 12-21-2014, 08:56 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by cookoman View Post
              They've been in Canberra for a few days and have spent a lot of time at the AIS.

They looked very switched on today. A few little things which were good signs was JWH doing push ups each time he dropped the ball and also seeing them fire up at little things to work on even at this early stage.

Robbo was already talking about staying in the last 5 minutes of games and in one drill told the defence to imagine they were 2 up with one set to play.
              Were Hastings & Mcllwrick noticed?

Who was playing the rake role in the defensive drills?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
                Were Hastings & Mcllwrick noticed?

Who was playing the rake role in the defensive drills?
                Hastings was playing half against pearce most of the time, tried afew ambitious passes, but always wanted the ball which was a good sign. the young ex raiders hooker looked ok, very fit. Couldn't make out the other hooker, darker skinned but not sure who it was.

There were alot of under 20 players there that I was unsure of their names.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                  It was awesome!!

A few photos... https://www.imgur.com/a/XR6F8

Canavan's a star... he took time to go around individually and chat with everybody.

Fergo... looks great!!! So does RTS and... Reuben? Reuben looked a little like RTS in my view.

Jake Friend was heavily strapped as expected. No training for him today.

A couple of players told me there's one more session tomorrow. Maybe just recovery though?

Notably it was REALLY hot and there were pretty well no stoppages for 2.5 hours. They did shuttles between each activity... IMO this kind of training is gonna put a lot of fuel in the tank for the boys next year. No more second half losses/fade aways IMO.

Oh and Fergo copped a LOOOOT of sh!t from Raiders fans (drinking above him on a balcony connected to the Raiders Club) as he was leaving. IMO some pretty disgusting comments were yelled at him. His reaction? Nothing. The last shot of him talking with (...Kane Evans?) is is reaction to having $h!t yelled at him. Not saying he's a new man, but IMO it possibly showed that his sessions with the psychologist are paying off. I reckon if he's mastered his mind and can keep cool, his form will also improve (not just off the field).
                  Too good ism22, you got my cousin in one of your photos scratching his ass (bright yellow t shirt on the balcony)

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                    Hastings was playing half against pearce most of the time, tried afew ambitious passes, but always wanted the ball which was a good sign. the young ex raiders hooker looked ok, very fit. Couldn't make out the other hooker, darker skinned but not sure who it was.

There were alot of under 20 players there that I was unsure of their names.
                    I heard out of the 20s Jackson Hastings, Charlie Taylor and Jonny Tuivasa Sheck were the only ones there, mix of cup and 1sts. I think they will all enjoy the 2 week break now

Comment

Why are we in Canberra?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                        Why are we in Canberra?
                        Alot of the current first grade squad had to go down here anyway to either sign with sticky or not , so they decided to kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

Originally posted by 4020 View Post
                          I heard out of the 20s Jackson Hastings, Charlie Taylor and Jonny Tuivasa Sheck were the only ones there, mix of cup and 1sts. I think they will all enjoy the 2 week break now
                          I saw Tyler Cornish in those photos. Looking considerably more built than last season. Obviously puts in at training. Not sure his game is up to standard though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                            Why are we in Canberra?
                            Cause we are merging with Canberra. Haven't you heard!?

Comment

It was an open trials session for Ricky's new TV show

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                                It was an open trials session for Ricky's new TV show

Australia's Next Top Idiot?
                                SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Working...
                                X