Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time to Permanently Ban a few of these clowns on here. Agree?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
    You are a person I have the utmost respect for. I enjoy reading your threads and your contributions in others. I agree with quite a few things you said above however the site is not a good forum anymore. It became a bad one when Turk and his countless other identities took it over. The moderators tried to clean it up, failed miserably & gave up. In fact I couldn't tell you who the Mods are - Rooster 6 I think? Gman maybe? It doesn't matter who they are because they cant fix it. The lunatics are in charge and ruin every sensible thread posted and of course create their own riveting ones ala FOSS and his recent rampage.

Wind the thing up. Start again.
    BPP you yourself said it was just a few idiots that were destroying threads. You seem to have brought it all to a head which is probably the best thing that could have happened.
    R6 has taken some action, why don't we see what eventuates now. As much as FOSS thinks I'm an old whinger, I actually think he really did mean well and was trying to do the right thing. But you and I both disagreed and R6 has sorted it.

I know Chris is real busy these days but I'd actually like to know how many Mods we have and who they are. Maybe more are needed to keep the place in line. And I'm not talking about turning it into a 'straighty one eighty' site as someone mentioned. I'm talking about threads that have 10 pages to them, with the first 3 being on topic and the remainder being 2 or 3 guys throwing insults at each other.

Give it a chance BPP . Hopefully R6 and GMan ( who I have a lot of respect for) can help clean it up and get more Mods if they think it will help.
    Last edited by John Corey; 12-25-2014, 12:22 AM.
    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

You only have to look at the lack of well known Wallsters on here now to realise that things have changed for the worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Roostarz View Post
        There are tonnes of Easts fans on Twitter keen for Rooster talk all year round. Good thing about Twitter is you can block out all the farkwits too.
        get on mate @IMAROOSTAR
        " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post
          Mate don't take this personally but you and the other admins should give yourselves an upper cut if you ban Norman and FOSS permanently. A warning should suffice, a 24 hour ban although harsh is like a warning. THe other two members if they want to play the game will heed the warning.

As I said to Axe and as I have posted in the off-topic section I am still mystified why Turk was banned. He never really insulted anyone apart from his two nemesis who I believe give as good as they get (ROC and RP), quite often I think it is in fun anyway. There are other posters on here who do far worse but are still here. I didn't think it was against the forum rules to create a lot of threads and often his threads would promote serious discussion and yep there is wit and some people might not like that kind of wit but I defy anyone to find anyones posts completely acceptable to all....mind you Yak is pretty darn good.

Chook 56 has said there was a Gold Section created to keep the riff raff and trolls out, but according to my brother it is dead anyway. So what does that tell you? So people are saying they cannot stand what the so called trolls have to say and post in the general site are kidding themselves. They haven't gone away and still post or read the site here (as in BPP's case). Whereas the gold section is dead I have been informed.

Lastly you have allowed yourselves be influenced by a non-contributor for the past 2 or so years (A respected wallster I will add but is coming across somewhat grumpy tonight and it is holiday time) who says this forum is dead but still has curiosity to come back and read the forum most nights. If he hated it so much would he lurk on this site so much? Probably not as he cannot stay away. Then he influences the mods (my observation only and I could be wrong) to have FOSS and Norman sidelined, possibly permanently. While I wasn't the greatest fan of FOSS (alledged past personalities, until today FOSS has been a model poster and I honestly think it was an error of judgment. Turk shouldn't have been banned in the first place. There are posters here who have called cheergirls sl*ts ( I have a 17 year old daughter and if someone called her that, I would be having Christmas lunch with Craig Field in the big house). Also rather inappropriate comments about people wives or exes and recently deceased people but that is apparently ok??

You might disagree with me if so lets agree to disagree, but as this is a forum I am just expressing my opinion.

Umm and yes Merry Christmas..

If there is a lot of spelling and punctuation errors in my post the site is very unstable tonight and very slow to respond. In fact I lost this post and luckily decided to copy it....learning from when Brain lost a post he created for a match ratings sorry going off topic lol!

Cheers Parko
          TBH PD, my only issues with TURKey was that he would start a thread when there was one already started but he wanted the attention. He did this far too often. The other one was starting threads non related in the main forum, many times... Yeah pretty lame reasons. Other than that we had great banter and some nice chats via PM's and on the main forum, without any malice. He is far from being my nemesis. That honour goes to one or two others but I won't name names. As for Norman or SOS, well if this is Turk, who cares but I wish I would know their true identity, much like Snoggy. I wasn't sure if he was a motor racing team owner, an MD, or even a saints fan for that. MERRY XMAS 🎁

Comment

I am a regular viewer of the forum and occasional poster.

I principally come onto the forum to avoid the need to wade through the tripe that is put out through our daily papers and Fox Sports, etc, to get to the news i am interested in as well as what is some insightful commentaries, from both people who have great technical understanding of the game, appear to be close to the club or have that real "feel" for the game. All as important as each other.

I don't have a problem with much of the humour interspersed with the great posts and insight into the game and following a football side year in year out, a sense of humour is essential to remaining sane.

As long as the volume posts don't replace the tripe i am trying to avoid, i am OK. obviously for many it isn't far off that threshold.

Anyway enjoy yourselves this XMAS, thanks to the moderators who do a tough job trying to strike a balance on this site.

i going back to my pre XMAS lunch beers with my family in my Easts Jersery and looking forward to the next football journey - the 2015 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen chook View Post
              I am a regular viewer of the forum and occasional poster.

I principally come onto the forum to avoid the need to wade through the tripe that is put out through our daily papers and Fox Sports, etc, to get to the news i am interested in as well as what is some insightful commentaries, from both people who have great technical understanding of the game, appear to be close to the club or have that real "feel" for the game. All as important as each other.

I don't have a problem with much of the humour interspersed with the great posts and insight into the game and following a football side year in year out, a sense of humour is essential to remaining sane.

As long as the volume posts don't replace the tripe i am trying to avoid, i am OK. obviously for many it isn't far off that threshold.

Anyway enjoy yourselves this XMAS, thanks to the moderators who do a tough job trying to strike a balance on this site.

i going back to my pre XMAS lunch beers with my family in my Easts Jersery and looking forward to the next football journey - the 2015 season.
              Someone like Yak could probably be a 1st grade coach, The way a couple of posters on here post things on the game is beyond a lay supporter like me they pick up on things during a game & post it that I never even notice. In depth posting of defence & who made the right/wrong decision or who was where when a try has been scored & why they were there so like you said a bloody good insight of the game.

On Turk I actually think he had a good handle on the game & I think he knew someone within the club.

Comment

Jack Gibson once said, "simple plays for simple players" , and rugby league in it's purest form is a simple game.
                Stats, constant rule changes, and basketball type results turn some people on.

IMO league is more tribal and basic, hence any Easts victory to me is a great game.
                Stuff 9 and the NRL.

The ideal coach is one who can instil a sense of pride in the jersey worn by players of different personality types, and make them gel for 80 minutes once a week.
                At least that was the case before the powers that be decided fans of the game should prefer a match of the round philosophy over un-wavering support for their own chosen club.

Merry xmas to all fellow tri-colours, and stockings of coal to the poor deluded souths lot.

Comment

Ive missed some quality threads particularly this one and tbe 2that were closed.PRecious people on here
                  When you trust your television
                  what you get is what you got
                  Cause when they own the information
                  they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Working...
                  X