This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An apology to the Mods is in order

I want to apologise for insinuating that the mods are to blame for the couple of re-incarnated morons who graced us recently.

They will be back in new guises soon enough because they obviously have nothing better to do. It's seemingly not that difficult to do if you put your mind to it (which these clowns tragically must do).

But back to the mods, who all volunteer their time for nothing and get little thanks for it. It is sad that most of that time is spent weeding out fools so they (real roosters fans with something to add) have almost no time to post. Some of them are real old-school Wallsters who always has something to add.

I appreciate what you guys do and thank you for it.

Now we can await the return of the idiots.

I'd like to throw a big thank you to all that make this site possible. I don't post much but visit regularly. It's part of my experience following my roosters and enjoy most of it, so thanks and please don't close the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
      I want to apologise for insinuating that the mods are to blame for the couple of re-incarnated morons who graced us recently.

They will be back in new guises soon enough because they obviously have nothing better to do. It's seemingly not that difficult to do if you put your mind to it (which these clowns tragically must do).

But back to the mods, who all volunteer their time for nothing and get little thanks for it. It is sad that most of that time is spent weeding out fools so they (real roosters fans with something to add) have almost no time to post. Some of them are real old-school Wallsters who always has something to add.

I appreciate what you guys do and thank you for it.

Now we can await the return of the idiots.
      Thanx on behalf of all mods JT

I can understand why you flipped your lid earlier on today but unfortunately there's always a handful of morons in every set-up.

We will continue doing our best for the genuine supporters on this forum who contribute sensibly and respect the opinions of others.

Comment

It's appreciated.

Comment

Well said JT. Unfortunately it's just too easy to create another ID and equally easy to continue acting like an imbecile.

Well done GMan. I am a huge fan of this site & the genuine fans here for the right reasons.

I appreciate the job you do as well as your footy comments.

And Big Poppa Pump this is why we need to stay on here. To take a stand against these morons so real fans like you, JT, Gman & I can enjoy this place.
          Last edited by John Corey; 12-29-2014, 11:19 AM.
          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Thanks to the Mods and those that are active in the back ground keeping this site up.

I am a " Pen Fanatic" (according to my wife ) , I read most threads from start to finish , love footy comments from those who are in the know as well as those that think they are in the know , love the comedic relief and the quickness of wit that some posters possess , it adds to the flavor of the site.

Unfortunately the constant hijacking of threads , petty bickering and name calling gets a bit tedious after awhile.

I am here because I follow the Roosters and am genuinely interested in what other fans think of the Club , the players , the Establishment, for this information in its undiluted form would be hard to get on/in any other forum.

Thanks , keep up the good work.

Comment

I don't mind that Gman fellow, he goes okay.
              SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

I have had my spats with the mods but it is a hard job I suppose and I thank them for doing the job. We need more bro's on here to become mods.

In some way I feel responsible for Turks demise. Trust me when I say this bro's "I aint Turk/Norm". I know the bro' and Turk was his only active alias here for past 18 months before it got banned. I feel he has been unfairly ousted for jbber and baiting but never any had malice intended plus he has a good heart, but that is only my opinion and some other like minded posters here. He is a genuine fan and has contacts in the club and one or two other sources....he just likes to take the piss and is usually spot on when serious about footy although it is sometimes hard to pick when he is silly or serious.

In fact the place will lose something of its character if he does permanently leave and he does make the off season more fun (especially in the off topic section) which this place should be in the off season. Also his banter with Backwards during the footy season is fun to read.

As for the other Fosser. He got what he deserved and probably will be back but is pretty easy to spot.

Anyway happy New Year bro's.
                Last edited by SoS; 12-29-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

id like to add my thanks to the mods , chris and Mario, top job guys, love your work, I must be strange being the only single personality on here? to all my manic easts mates I wish you a healthy happy and prosperous new year with some premierships arriving very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                    Well said JT. Unfortunately it's just too easy to create another ID and equally easy to continue acting like an imbecile.

Well done GMan. I am a huge fan of this site & the genuine fans here for the right reasons.

I appreciate the job you do as well as your footy comments.

And Big Poppa Pump this is why we need to stay on here. To take a stand against these morons so real fans like you, JT, Gman & I can enjoy this place.
                    Easy fix. No new users until the start of the season. 99.9% of new ones at this time of the year are old ones who have been banned anyway. Read all you want as a guest.
                    Warning for the idiots and then ban until start of the season if they fcuk up. Zero tolerance. They can read all they want as a guest.

Comment

This little double-play by Mr Tobin smells of a "give my toy back" tantrum.

First the BPP esq "get rid of the ones I don't like" or I'm outta here then the " oh but mods you are so wise and good and unblemished ", to hopefully get his wishes granted longer term.

I think that is to have the " old boys club" running the show with any newcomers regarded as a threat, treated with suspicion or even derision. Boring.

Bring back Turk...to suggest he is less of a supporter than some of you lot is way off the mark.

Was that a tumbleweed I just seen?

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                        Easy fix. No new users until the start of the season. 99.9% of new ones at this time of the year are old ones who have been banned anyway. Read all you want as a guest.
                        Warning for the idiots and then ban until start of the season if they fcuk up. Zero tolerance. They can read all they want as a guest.
                        It's good to be inclusive not exclusive.
                        It's simple. If someone is being a pest than ban them. Moderators are smart enough to distinguish between a pest and a genuine contributor.
                        Last edited by Thirteen; 12-29-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          Was that a tumbleweed I just seen?
                          I believe it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
                            I don't mind that Gman fellow, he goes okay.
                            I will second that Johnny -Top shelf the Gman

Comment

As a life long Roosters fan, who has been residing in Townsville for the last 20 years the wall and then the Chookpen has been my #1 source of information on what was happening around the club, what other fans thoughts were on games, players etc and the odd bit of comedic relief. It has also been my place of solace to get away from reading all the bias Cowboy propaganda that goes on up here.

I am not in the know in any way shape or form, but I enjoy hearing from those who do genuinely have contacts or inside info.

Being a mod would be a very difficult job, and while I would not do it for all the tea in China I genuinely appreciate everything that the mods do to keep this site up and running. Thank You!!! Oh and Go Roosters 2015!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X