Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rooster's Attacking Game - What can we expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they are close to the line i wouldn't mind seeing them run it on the last a bit more. If we don't score better to hand the ball over a meter out from their line than have them have 7 tackles starting at the 20

Comment

Trent will bring back the Roosters attack of 2010. He will unleash hell on the other poor unsuspecting clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
        Our short kicking game still lacks the grubber though, which presents so many good options for the attacking team.

Jennings is such a threat with his blinding acceleration and the grubber with the big bounce is also very useful with the height and aerial ability of our other backs.

Not only this but it gives the attacking team ample opportunity to force a repeat set and if the opposition do recover the ball they usually only get around 5m into the field of play.

Though our main problem last year wasn't our kicking game but our handling.
        Robbo agrees,

which is why Friend started to apply himself in this manner towards the end of last season.....

Jeez you have to ponder whether his injuries put a stop to our title defense as well

unlucky!
        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
          Trent will bring back the Roosters attack of 2010. He will unleash hell on the other poor unsuspecting clubs.
          The 13 and 14 sides scored more, created more line breaks, busted more tackles......so no we won't be going back to 2010 style football at all.

Our attack once again doesn't concern me, penalty and errors counts are what we consistently lose, I wish Robbo all the best in trying to fix these two.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
            There's gonna be a lot of pressure on Jnr Jnr Snr this season.I hope he's up to the challenge.

We are gonna miss SBW of course, but we have other forwards that are quite good at off-loading.
            Maybe SBWs absence will make others shine.He might have left a legacy.

Mind you , defence still wins comps.
            On a good day our backline could rack up 60 or 70.
            Wouldn't that be something.
            Who are our forwards quite good at offloading?

Comment

Originally posted by Madrooster View Post
              You're right with observations of the 7 tackle rule. It killed us a few times last year.

R6 was talking about field position etc from bombs which is 100% correct. But there came a point where a) misguided kicks and 7 tackle results burnt us as well as the amount Tupou was getting run off ball any way and b) the field position (in the corner R6 mentioned) can just as easily be attained by an attack play other than kick, where if tackled it results in a hand over and an even slower restart for the opposition. Equal reward and less risk in my opinion.
              Good reasoning Mad Rooster.

I have long hated the mindless bomb on the last that has been a signature of our team for many many years.

Use it...sparingly though.

Variety is the spice of life and that uncertainty in oppositions minds as to what we will do with the last play should be sought as a priority.

Comment

what can we expect? in one word..plenty!

Comment

If they hold the pill anything is likely to happen should they lift their completion rate - 2014 season we sat at 3rd last for worst completion rates. 2014 was very much a season of individual performaces / brilliance that won us games rather than a all round team performance thru the year.we all waited around for it to happen yet they never put in a complete 80 minute team performance which was so frustrating. I hope Trent brings some new ideas as last year was the same old same old of talk of having structures in place that never really materialized on game day. The opposing coaches were aware of it and all that was needed was pressure against us for them to have more ball due to our high error rate / poor completions. Bring on 2015 with a return to team performances and mongrel defence - and stuff the NRL !

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    Who are our forwards quite good at offloading?
                    JWH, Guerra and..............
                    OK, I'm sure we will see more step up in SBW's absence.
                    OK, I hope.

But I do reckon Hargraves is under-rated in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                      what can we expect? in one word..plenty!
                      That's right Stephen.

Comment

Working...
                      X