No announcement yet.

Dragons are trying to lure Dylan Napa from the Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs to improve his play the ball. Last year v Sharks I managed a toilet break and a bar stop during one of his play the balls. Anyway, with him playing for a big money contract, he should go gang busters this year.

Comment

Napa.dragons????????
      My bet is tits (stingrays)
      Being in demand for a quality young forward like him , ain't nuffen new.

A lot of u >?<>MBMVK ppl need to realize sumthing.

League is not a sport anymore.............................RIP

Comment

And , lets not 4get about the "play the ball"
        Change the effing rules..............................AGAIN

Comment

It all comes down to who can be easily replaced doesnt it lads?

I'm a Napa fan, however i'd be confident that with Meehan and Evans in the wings we could cover his loss in short time. We can afford to cut him loose if necessary.

Tupou's are a dime a dozen - not just Mcdonald in the wings, but other tall and fast islanders too. We can afford to cut him loose if necessary.

SKD is the sentimental pick. I still think he would be very good value sub 300K, but would not match offers above that. With ferg the perv in the backline, we would sadly have to cut him loose if necessary.

In my opinion RTS is a unique talent with no ready replacement, full stop. There is no one else like him in the comp, even though he has plenty of maturing to do.

Maloney is critical - top of the line goalkeeper and holerunner, great partner to pearce and good talker on the field. Once again, no ready replacement.

Comment

I'm not that confident RTS will be with us long term.
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

"A player can have speed, strength, and courage...but the question I ask is; can I win with him" - Jack Gibson.

Many decisions loom large for coach Robinson.

Comment

Steak I think you have wrapped it up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  I'm not that confident RTS will be with us long term.
                  Unless he gets a massive offer from another NRL club in Australia, or if he doesn't play fullback here and he is offered that spot somewhere else, I think the only real threat to him staying is an offer from the Warriors or a rugby union contract in NZ. The issue is, is how a big a threat that really could be. He often refers to Auckland as home and he may be itching to get back there.

Comment

Rugby is a big threat.
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

probably having a great time with his family and friends in Auckland this weekend?

Comment

If he wants to go...let him go.
                        Wish him luck as we wave him goodbye.

Comment

why would nap leave a team like us for the fagons. what matters as a player. WINNING. stay with a team that has proved that we have the ability to win another gf , or go and dress up like a piggybank for a bank and have more money but less rings. rings is what its all about.
                          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I think very few players would stay if substantially more money was on offer elsewhere.

Comment

Napa is the future. We must keep him.
                              I'd keep him and Evans over Moa and Kennedy.

Comment

I think RTS and Napa who our club have spent a lot of time nurturing through the grades will re-sign.

Especially Roger. Surely he hasn't reached all his goals at our club. I want to see him dominate at FB from the next decade.

I love Dylan Napa's intimidating style but for mine he wasn't making enough metres last year. If he can improve this aspect of his game it would be painful to see him play at another club.

Remember the salary cap is also increasing until 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X