Napa risking missing first two premiership matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    It wasn't as bad as Sam Burgess' high shot on SBW in last year's Prelim.

What a joke.
    Don't get me started on that TS. The total hypocrissy of the match review panel and the media strikes again. It's going to be another one of those years!

Comment

Napa is a very good prospect however he is incredibly ill-disciplined, appears not to be learning from his mistakes and seems hell bent on playing the tough guy on the field. Thats fine, all teams need that however when you constantly go overboard like he does you have to ask is he really worth it.

He deserves to get suspended for the high shot & unless he wakes up to himself I wouldnt be at all surprised if we dont retain him by choice.
      Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
        Napa is a very good prospect however he is incredibly ill-disciplined, appears not to be learning from his mistakes and seems hell bent on playing the tough guy on the field. Thats fine, all teams need that however when you constantly go overboard like he does you have to ask is he really worth it.

He deserves to get suspended for the high shot & unless he wakes up to himself I wouldnt be at all surprised if we dont retain him by choice.
        Napa is a victim of the ridiculous ban the shoulder charge rule.

It is very difficult for intimidators like him to adjust when that weaponry is taken from them.

Maybe some SBW one to one coaching would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

It is very difficult for intimidators like him to adjust when that weaponry is taken from them.

Yep I hear you mate & agree with that however if the silly bugger doesnt change his ways he'll end up being rubbed out of the game.
          Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

There was one great hit he put on and a penalty was given for a shoulder charge. His arm was nowhere near his body, actually close to parallel to the ground. It was a tough fair tackle. A ridiculous penalty. The refs have him on their radar now and that will be his issue this year.

His high shot was not a shoulder charge. Just a dumb careless high tackle. He deserves a suspension for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Victims are volunteers - Napa is a slow learner

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                There was one great hit he put on and a penalty was given for a shoulder charge. His arm was nowhere near his body, actually close to parallel to the ground. It was a tough fair tackle. A ridiculous penalty. The refs have him on their radar now and that will be his issue this year.

His high shot was not a shoulder charge. Just a dumb careless high tackle. He deserves a suspension for that.
                He incredibly would then be off the radar again if he wasn't wearing a Roosters jersey, especially if he was to be wearing a $ouff$ jersey!!

It was well pointed out by Tommy that $am $quirrel burgar$e's head high hit on SBW in last years semi was far far worse than the one that Napa did, and yet those cheating mother f**king NRL c**ts have the audacity to throw the book at Napa and completely ignore what $quirrel $am did. It is an outrageous sick typical f**king joke by the blatant f**king biased cheating NRL!!

And let's not forget the couple of head high hits george burgar$e did in the 9's tournament, and yet of course the NRL turns a blind eye there the cheating c**ts!!
                The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

THE Gold Coast Titans want to bring the most aggressive player in rugby league, flame-haired firebrand Dylan Napa, home to Queensland..........

If they manage to sign Napa and Cherry-Evans, it would transform the Titans into top four contenders.

Standing in their way are Manly coach Geoff Toovey and Roosters mentor Trent Robinson.

Robinson said he was aware of the interest in Napa but saw the 22-year-old as a key part of his team for years to come.

“He’s one of the best up and coming front rowers so clubs should be chasing him,” Robinson said.

“We want to keep him but this is the state of the game at the moment.

“It is open season at any time of the year and in any year.
                  The Roosters expect competition to keep talented youngster Dylan Napa at the club.

The Roosters expect competition to keep talented youngster Dylan Napa at the club.

“There will always be interest in good players like him.”

Napa’s aggression does lead to penalties and suspensions, such as the one that saw him ruled out of the finals series for a shoulder charge.

“We want that aggression but we don’t want him to see red,” Robinson said.

“We want the fiery Dylan Napa. We also want it over 80 minutes and round after round.

“He did get suspended and it was in Round 26 but we don’t want to extinguish that fire.”

Cherry-Evans revealed last weekend his contract negotiations would drag into the season because he wanted to properly evaluate all offers — believed to be from five clubs — before deciding his future.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
                    He incredibly would then be off the radar again if he wasn't wearing a Roosters jersey, especially if he was to be wearing a $ouff$ jersey!!

It was well pointed out by Tommy that $am $quirrel burgar$e's head high hit on SBW in last years semi was far far worse than the one that Napa did, and yet those cheating mother f**king NRL c**ts have the audacity to throw the book at Napa and completely ignore what $quirrel $am did. It is an outrageous sick typical f**king joke by the blatant f**king biased cheating NRL!!

And let's not forget the couple of head high hits george burgar$e did in the 9's tournament, and yet of course the NRL turns a blind eye there the cheating c**ts!!
                    Don't hold back RO!
                    On a serious note, I agree with everything you have said ...

Comment

There were harder hits including shoulder charges in the women's games.

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post
                        Don't hold back RO!
                        On a serious note, I agree with everything you have said ...
                        Yes JAF, the NRL makes my blood boil!! I am sick to death of the constant blatant cheating bullshit that goes on year after f**king year in favor of $ouff$ and against us!!

If these NRL c**ts think that they can just simply go ahead and do it all over again this year, and our club isn't prepared to or the NRL is holding a gun to their head not allowing them to do something about it, then we here on the chookpen who are prepared to do something about it, should rally together outside NRL HQ and protest to finally get a fair f**king go, and bring everything into the light for all of the media and everyone to see, to put the pressure on those NRL cheating b@stards!! We can come up with a list long enough that can wrap around the earth a thousand times of all the bullshit that has gone on in favor of $ouff$ and against us in the past few years and present it to the media to focus in on with the spotlight and blowtorch!!

This is exactly what we should do, as soon as we start witnessing any bullshit against us from round 1 onwards! The cheating bullshit cost us at the very least 4 games last year, one against womanly, one against newcastle, and the two finals games against the pamfers and $ouff$!!

Enough is f**king enough, I can't stand to watch us being cost any more premierships, and to watch $ouff$ be simply handed on a silver platter any more contrived premierships!!

On the subject of Napa, we need to keep him!! I absolutely love his aggression, he will end up playing for QLD and Australia, and there is a huge reason why Robbo has come out to say that he wants to keep him and that clubs are now lining up to try and snatch him away from us! I love watching him play, the way how he smashes opposition players!!
                        The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Comment

The problem in my opinion as has always been on this subject is loading, why oh why is it even there to begin with, a player commits a foul and is given 3 weeks for a high shot then that's it, he serves his three weeks and it's done and dusted. How is easy is that.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                            The problem in my opinion as has always been on this subject is loading, why oh why is it even there to begin with, a player commits a foul and is given 3 weeks for a high shot then that's it, he serves his three weeks and it's done and dusted. How is easy is that.
                            It is a scare tactic to not make them do it again.

If a drink driver never got worse consequences each time he got caught, then there is no risk for him doing the crime over and over again.

I do believe that the loading period should only be season to season though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
                              Yes JAF, the NRL makes my blood boil!! I am sick to death of the constant blatant cheating bullshit that goes on year after f**king year in favor of $ouff$ and against us!!

If these NRL c**ts think that they can just simply go ahead and do it all over again this year, and our club isn't prepared to or the NRL is holding a gun to their head not allowing them to do something about it, then we here on the chookpen who are prepared to do something about it, should rally together outside NRL HQ and protest to finally get a fair f**king go, and bring everything into the light for all of the media and everyone to see, to put the pressure on those NRL cheating b@stards!! We can come up with a list long enough that can wrap around the earth a thousand times of all the bullshit that has gone on in favor of $ouff$ and against us in the past few years and present it to the media to focus in on with the spotlight and blowtorch!!

This is exactly what we should do, as soon as we start witnessing any bullshit against us from round 1 onwards! The cheating bullshit cost us at the very least 4 games last year, one against womanly, one against newcastle, and the two finals games against the pamfers and $ouff$!!

Enough is f**king enough, I can't stand to watch us being cost any more premierships, and to watch $ouff$ be simply handed on a silver platter any more contrived premierships!!

On the subject of Napa, we need to keep him!! I absolutely love his aggression, he will end up playing for QLD and Australia, and there is a huge reason why Robbo has come out to say that he wants to keep him and that clubs are now lining up to try and snatch him away from us! I love watching him play, the way how he smashes opposition players!!
                              Don't get yourself worked up buddy. Do what I'll be doing from now on. Just watch the Roosters for 80 minutes a week and draw as much enjoyment as you can from each of our own games. Who cares what the rest of the NRL are up to? As fans, we have no control or say in how results turn out. I spent grand final weekend doing internet shopping for Christmas and enjoying some music and movies. I hadn't ignored an NRL grand final since the 90's and my world didn't come to an end. As for my tin foil hat predictions, I'll go out on a limb and say that the Cowboys will be given leverage this year as the QLD darlings (only because the Broncos are rubbish) and Mitchell Pearce to win a Dally M.
                              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                                Don't get yourself worked up buddy. Do what I'll be doing from now on. Just watch the Roosters for 80 minutes a week and draw as much enjoyment as you can from each of our own games. Who cares what the rest of the NRL are up to? As fans, we have no control or say in how results turn out. I spent grand final weekend doing internet shopping for Christmas and enjoying some music and movies. I hadn't ignored an NRL grand final since the 90's and my world didn't come to an end. As for my tin foil hat predictions, I'll go out on a limb and say that the Cowboys will be given leverage this year as the QLD darlings (only because the Broncos are rubbish) and Mitchell Pearce to win a Dally M.
                                Great advice RWB! I did exactly what you did when it came to last years GF and didn't watch it, which was the first one I have ever missed. Watched a replay a week later just so I could see those two magnificent hits Graham did on $am $quirrel burgar$e and tyrrel which were things of beauty!

I like to keep tabs on what goes on in the NRL when I get the chance, can't help myself. You would think with such a magnificent season that we experienced results wise in 2013, I would have thoroughly enjoyed it, but unfortunately I was unable to for a great deal of it due to the refereeing and judiciary.

Most weeks during the season I get very annoyed watching our games due to the biased officiating. The annoyance always starts at the first penalty awarded, which is usually against us in the first set of the game we are defending.

I believe that you are right in that the NRL will want a QLD team to be successful, but I think it will be the broncos and not the cowboys, because the broncos have more members and are more popular in QLD, along with the broncos being murdoch's team. packer will make sure that $ouff$ are well and truly looked after again this year as per usual. The NRL's dream GF this will be $ouff$ vs broncos to cash in the most. Thankfully we are good enough to prevent that from happening!

You could very well be right about Pearce winning this years Dally M.

Comment

Working...
                                X